75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

5 minutes ago, scythanith said:

Don't know if this is fuel to the fire but my extended family got all three we tried for. Before anyone gets up in arms they were all separate VIP accounts from my family members. They just knew I really wanted more than one.

IMG_5377.jpg

Those are perfectly good cat beds there.  Shame on you.

6 minutes ago, scythanith said:

Don't know if this is fuel to the fire but my extended family got all three we tried for. Before anyone gets up in arms they were all separate VIP accounts from my family members. They just knew I really wanted more than one.

IMG_5377.thumb.jpg.ee12ab01181a72ef3efc512d6eaa8322.jpg

I am so confused, the only explanation I can think of is you are waiting for christmas assuming it will still be sold out and resale values are higher?  I would have flipped at least one by now if you ordered 3, and if you bought it to build one then open it up already. I guess you are way smarter than me because I didn't even get one. but you are right it seems like the best way to order from lego is to "get your family involved"  I'm working on it now :)

So, I have a question for those who are building this beast. I have read a lot of complaints from AFOL regarding the hyperdrive in the back and how corny it looks compared to 10179. However, I have not seen complaints about what appears to me as the interior of the ship being more or less half done. What I mean is that two of the four interior quadrants, so to speak, are left without much details, rather empty looking. However, I am only at the 5 bags, but I browsed through the manual and I don't see much going on with those two right hand side interior quadrants in terms of added details. Anybody noticed ?

Edited by brickology101

6 hours ago, brickology101 said:

So, I have a question for those who are building this beast. I have read a lot of complaints from AFOL regarding the hyperdrive in the back and how corny it looks compared to 10179. However, I have not seen complaints about what appears to me as the interior of the ship being more or less half done. What I mean is that two of the four interior quadrants, so to speak, are left without much details, rather empty looking. However, I am only at the 5 bags, but I browsed through the manual and I don't see much going on with those two right hand side interior quadrants in terms of added details. Anybody noticed ?

Yes 2 of the 4 "quadrants" are basically empty. Open to customization and/or room to mod things like add LED strips to the back ;) For someone like me that will always display it closed and have no need for detailed interior; i'm glad only 2 are detailed to save on the price/piece count.

2 hours ago, Armin Jahn said:

Hello all,

what would you say?

I can buy one 75192 signed by the setdesigner during preopening at the Legohouse in Billund.

Only 40 where signed worldwide.

The price is 1300 Euro, worth it?

How do these factor in against the 150 that were signed in London on the 14th September? (im assuming the Billund pre-opening was AFTER the MF launch on the 14th...? Also if this set was signed by the ACTUAL designer that would make them special of course

This raises a few questions:

- the Billund ones arguably less valuable? (... signed later)

- Billund set more valuable if signed by the ACTUAL designer and not the SW design team (as was the case at Leicester Sq) also only having 40 of them.

- do these signed ones really matter now as sets get signed by designers at other events over time, diluting their scarcity and appeal

Edited by andyposterfan

2 hours ago, Armin Jahn said:

Hello all,

what would you say?

I can buy one 75192 signed by the setdesigner during preopening at the Legohouse in Billund.

Only 40 where signed worldwide.

The price is 1300 Euro, worth it?

What does it matter where he signed it, though?

That means there are now signatures on almost 200 sets so every time he signs one it will devalue the lot. Was there a special VIP card or something else to add value? If not, I´d pass.

New designer interview.

https://brickset.com/article/31111

Standout question for me:

LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary revealed that 10179 Ultimate Collector’s Millennium Falcon was designed before being assigned a price, inverting the usual design process. Was the same process applied to this set?

Correct, Jens Kronvold Frederiksen designed 10179 on his own and it then became a set! Developing a product portfolio is complex and involves a lot of planning, which makes it difficult for designers to push their own side projects.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

On 2017-10-10 at 10:33 PM, Joekr said:

I am so confused, the only explanation I can think of is you are waiting for christmas assuming it will still be sold out and resale values are higher?  I would have flipped at least one by now if you ordered 3, and if you bought it to build one then open it up already. I guess you are way smarter than me because I didn't even get one. but you are right it seems like the best way to order from lego is to "get your family involved"  I'm working on it now :)

I am in no rush to sell one or even two of them. We are building one but our lives are busy and haven’t been able to crack one open as of yet. Yes, I believe the price will be near $2k before Christmas. That’s when I will try to sell one. 

went and picked up the last copy of Ninjago City in my one local Lego store. Had a small chat with a lego staff telling me that they probably wont get any falcon until the new year. Nothing has moved since the list was closed. There may be some sort of announcement in November from TLG at best

6 minutes ago, GenMaster said:

went and picked up the last copy of Ninjago City in my one local Lego store. Had a small chat with a lego staff telling me that they probably wont get any falcon until the new year. Nothing has moved since the list was closed. There may be some sort of announcement in November from TLG at best

"Due to popular demand we are unable to produce this set further.  Thank You." 

I gave up calling daily for stock, poor folk are likely inundated.

The writing is on the wall, they don't want $800 sets sitting on the shelf.  This won't change, anyone that thinks this is a bit delusional.  That's not to say eventually demand will not be meant, but I doubt they are ramping up production to over produce.  The Saturn V situation is a clear indicator of the production speed that Lego will furfil orders.

Edited by Klownicle

17 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

"Due to popular demand we are unable to produce this set further.  Thank You." 

I gave up calling daily for stock, poor folk are likely inundated.

The writing is on the wall, they don't want $800 sets sitting on the shelf.  This won't change, anyone that thinks this is a bit delusional.  That's not to say eventually demand will not be meant, but I doubt they are ramping up production to over produce.  The Saturn V situation is a clear indicator of the production speed that Lego will furfil orders.

I failed to mention the lego staff told me since TLG is an European company, they are very conservative and will unwilling to risk over producing. He also told me that lego is already making 2018 lego sets. So unless Lego decided to make a significant change to their manufacturing process, the supply for the falcon could remain tight indefinitely.  it also explains why the Saturn V continues to not able to keep up with demand.

few months from now, those selling their set for 1200-1500 will wish they had waited. If this supply gut continues for an extended period of time, I could see the set doubling in price

Edited by GenMaster

Not sure how much truth there is behind this statement but a lego employee just told me that the in store servers crashed because the wait list exceeded 5,000 people nationwide.  Also said since I'm early on the list that I should receive one before the new year.  Take it for what its worth.

1 minute ago, Captain_chaos said:

Tell that to all the turds they have had to unload at 50% off, and that remained in stock at major retailers for months on end.

What's worse to over produce... an $800 set or a $50 set?

2 minutes ago, JLEW700 said:

Not sure how much truth there is behind this statement but a lego employee just told me that the in store servers crashed because the wait list exceeded 5,000 people nationwide.  Also said since I'm early on the list that I should receive one before the new year.  Take it for what its worth.

That's been the general word is 5000 max.

32 minutes ago, GenMaster said:

I failed to mention the lego staff told me since TLG is an European company, they are very conservative and will unwilling to risk over producing. He also told me that lego is already making 2018 lego sets. So unless Lego decided to make a significant change to their manufacturing process, the supply for the falcon could remain tight indefinitely.  it also explains why the Saturn V continues to not able to keep up with demand.

They generally run production many months in advance so it takes time for them to catch up.  But don't you worry, they will catch up and sell as many as they can to as many people as they can (RIP exosuit resellers).  While there have been instances of short-run sets, I doubt they have any intention of slowing production of Apollo or the MILF anytime soon.  It just takes them a little longer to react, as they are indeed already producing 2018 sets and still need to meet those delivery obligations while ramping up production of their two more popular sets right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

They generally run production many months in advance so it takes time for them to catch up.  But don't you worry, they will catch up and sell as many as they can to as many people as they can (RIP exosuit resellers).  While there have been instances of short-run sets, I doubt they have any intention of slowing production of Apollo or the MILF anytime soon.  It just takes them a little longer to react, as they are indeed already producing 2018 sets and still need to meet those delivery obligations while ramping up production of their two more popular sets right now.

Plus it builds hype and interest. These threads (saturn and MF) would be pretty dead by now if supply had been equal to demand. See Ninjago City or London Bus, for instance.

• Like 1