75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

They generally run production many months in advance so it takes time for them to catch up.  But don't you worry, they will catch up and sell as many as they can to as many people as they can (RIP exosuit resellers).  While there have been instances of short-run sets, I doubt they have any intention of slowing production of Apollo or the MILF anytime soon.  It just takes them a little longer to react, as they are indeed already producing 2018 sets and still need to meet those delivery obligations while ramping up production of their two more popular sets right now.

It seems like they need to fire their head of production. Even though I don’t like the new MF, I knew it’d sell out immediately. Allowing a limit of >1 for these sets allows QFLLs to cash in gives no though for true fans.

It is entirely possible for the new MF to reach 5x RRP very quickly if they can it soon. It happenes before, right? I still don’t want one though ;-)

7 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

Any correlation between licensed products/demand to availability?  NASA/Starwars.  London Bus/Ninjago?  What non-licensed sets have had these sort of production problems due to "demand"?

RI, Birds and Exo spring to mind.

Edited by Val-E

9 hours ago, GenMaster said:

I failed to mention the lego staff told me since TLG is an European company, they are very conservative and will unwilling to risk over producing. He also told me that lego is already making 2018 lego sets. So unless Lego decided to make a significant change to their manufacturing process, the supply for the falcon could remain tight indefinitely.  it also explains why the Saturn V continues to not able to keep up with demand.

few months from now, those selling their set for 1200-1500 will wish they had waited. If this supply gut continues for an extended period of time, I could see the set doubling in price

If it was Calgary TLS then I may have been in there while you were talking to them. Although I’m sure they repeat themselves 100 times over a day about the MLF. At least 3 people asked while I was in there. It took everything I had in me to not just interject and say “$2k and it’s yours”! The one guy consoles himself a Porsche gt3 :)

I’m comfortable in what the resale will be prior to Xmas. To all those who said they were just going to buy their copy on double VIP point days, I don’t think that’s going to happen at this rate. 

About 20 new eBay listings for the MILF showed up today.....all $2000-$4000.
Bit sketchy!

Well then maybe I’m wrong about these being sketchy listings, if people are anticipating such low supply.

I guess I don’t know who the market is at 4000$. The AFOL I know can’t afford it. Even if they could afford it, they wouldn’t pay that much (their wives wouldn’t let them....)

Maybe investor collectors thinking infinite supply issues, heavy demand, and fast retirement? I don’t know. I guess no matter what, something will always be worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, winder00side said:

Can't tell if troll or not.  Not sure what it matters, can't add to bag /buy it anyways... 

I was holding onto a sliver of hope that it'd be in stock for at least once in store or online during this promotion.

Not trolling. Just upset :(

28 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

I was holding onto a sliver of hope that it'd be in stock for at least once in store or online during this promotion.

If it makes you feel any better I ordered mine on a 30 day backorder 31 days ago

5 hours ago, jaisonline said:

MOC stand for 75192

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-10219/Lucioswitch81/effermans-vertical-stand-for-millennium-falcon-75192/#info

Has anyone tried this yet (or something similar)?

I will be doing something like this, but not at such a steep angle.  I have to finish building it first though (just finished bag 4).

On 10/11/2017 at 12:21 AM, scythanith said:

Don't know if this is fuel to the fire but my extended family got all three we tried for. Before anyone gets up in arms they were all separate VIP accounts from my family members. They just knew I really wanted more than one.

IMG_5377.jpg

Gotta love extended family - I'm sure if others also wanted more than one and they can or could they would as well with extended family or friends so no need for anyone to be all up in arms about yours... ?

On 10/11/2017 at 12:55 AM, brickology101 said:

So, I have a question for those who are building this beast. I have read a lot of complaints from AFOL regarding the hyperdrive in the back and how corny it looks compared to 10179. However, I have not seen complaints about what appears to me as the interior of the ship being more or less half done. What I mean is that two of the four interior quadrants, so to speak, are left without much details, rather empty looking. However, I am only at the 5 bags, but I browsed through the manual and I don't see much going on with those two right hand side interior quadrants in terms of added details. Anybody noticed ?

I haven't seen or heard about the hyperdrive anyone have photos or links to any? Thanks

On 10/11/2017 at 6:43 AM, Armin Jahn said:

Hello all,

what would you say?

I can buy one 75192 signed by the setdesigner during preopening at the Legohouse in Billund.

Only 40 where signed worldwide.

The price is 1300 Euro, worth it?

I don't see spending that amount for it unless it's a personal keep for me in my collection and IMHO the price or worthiness of it is total up to you and how or what you will do with it. Keep it as a collectible boxed or resell or build and display with the signature box. Its really your $$$ to spend on it. Good luck on it either way.

5 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

Not sure but I thought I saw someone already mention we'd have better luck next year with dbl VIP on this set which makes sense and is probably true. Of course the TLG could exclude it as well from dbl VIP promos which would be just my luck but I'll wait no rush to get a dbl VIP for this set.

6 minutes ago, Floriano said:

I liked it the way it is. The steep angle helps to include it in a frame that can be hanged on the wall. I'm going for this stand!

This was the only thing really preventing me from building was the display ability for the set in the given space.  The side mount is perfect.  I've already purchased the parts in BrickLink, came out to about $45 before shipping.  Price seems to be increasing given the recent popularity of the MOC.  It was front page on the subreddit for a day or two with 200+ replies.

42 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

This was the only thing really preventing me from building was the display ability for the set in the given space.  The side mount is perfect.  I've already purchased the parts in BrickLink, came out to about $45 before shipping.  Price seems to be increasing given the recent popularity of the MOC.  It was front page on the subreddit for a day or two with 200+ replies.

There are 2 versions of the stand. The one shown in the video also known as first version is the wider version. This stand is amazing!