75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

Just now, TabbyBoy said:

I hate to rain on your parades, but isn't it better to wait until this set is discounted, with promo or extra VIP points? I nearly went all in on the 10221 SSD at launch, but I was glad I waited when Amazon had them for over £100 off RRP. Even though the new MF isn't worth the money IMHO, I will still get one at some point and modify the arse as I'm really missing my 10179 now ;-(

This time last year, I'd have set the alarm to buy 3 at launch, but I just can't be bothered these days. More for you lot then and good luck to y'all ;-)

If you are spending $800 on a Lego set, "saving" money is the least of your concern. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

So you don't look to save money at all? 1f914.png

<least of your concer> implies I'm still gonna try.  But if I want something, I want it now.  Not gonna live my life on a hope and a prayer that if it happens to go on sale and I'll be able to buy it when it does if and when it becomes available at other retailers or goes on a special sale.  Not saying it won't but, keep waiting till the cows come home.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I hate to rain on your parades, but isn't it better to wait until this set is discounted, with promo or extra VIP points? I nearly went all in on the 10221 SSD at launch, but I was glad I waited when Amazon had them for over £100 off RRP. Even though the new MF isn't worth the money IMHO, I will still get one at some point and modify the arse as I'm really missing my 10179 now ;-(

This time last year, I'd have set the alarm to buy 3 at launch, but I just can't be bothered these days. More for you lot then and good luck to y'all ;-)

Obviously the market in UK is different than the rest of the world, but I have doubts this will ever be on sale in NA.

41 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Local store just got 15-20 in. They said I'm in the next batch so wooo 

Well shiver me timbers, called my store to speak with the manager that e-mailed me and they are due to get stock tomorrow HOPEFULLY.  And mine will be on it. And it DOES count towards double VIP if it does arrive tomorrow.  But after tomorrow it will not be possible.

Edited by Klownicle

Just spoke with my store and they said they're only getting a handful in.  Praise God I called them because they had my phone number wrong.  That would have made me VERY unhappy.  Although she did say they would send an email as well as a phone call.  Should be in tomorrow's shipment.  Here is to hoping for double VIP pts for everyone who made the short list. 

5 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Just spoke with my store and they said they're only getting a handful in.  Praise God I called them because they had my phone number wrong.  That would have made me VERY unhappy.  Although she did say they would send an email as well as a phone call.  Should be in tomorrow's shipment.  Here is to hoping for double VIP pts for everyone who made the short list. 

Nice!  

Dare I offer, if anyone in the Orlando FL area wants one and I pick up mine.  It's there at cost.  My interest is solely the VIP card as I already own the set through LegoLand.  The double VIP is a nice consolation prize though for me. Would be nice if it went to someone who was actually going to build it not sell it though...  Lol. 

Edited by Klownicle

Congratulations to those who may be able to get it tomorrow and even Double VIP Points. I got mine on September 15th and yes I did miss out that great Double VIP Point promo. However I can't really complain much since I was able to get the set in store. I also got the Slave 1 this month so I could get the free VIP Set. Anyways I hope you all enjoy building the set as much as I did.

Hey, happy for all of you guys finally getting one (or second) MF UCS and now with double VP! I'm happy enough for being able to get mine during my last trip to the US. A big accomplishment considering the 14 days time window I had. I was also lucky to catch the Oct VIP promo and get Lego Boost and Big Ben as well as a few other small sets with double. So I cannot complain either.

BTW, any news about the black VIP card? Has anyone received it? 

Got my UCS MF today @ the LEGO store.  Produced 2017/10/09.  Anyone notice what is missing?  *sigh*  Employee had to walk me to my car using a hand truck so I wouldn't drop it.

Now the real question is, build it or sell it this Christmas so I can buy another one during the next double VIP points event... decisions...decisions...

Oh, and the store received a shipment of Saturn V's as well.  It was hard to leave them (esp with double VIP pts) but I figured I should be thankful my wife is on board with me getting the UCS MF.  Ironically, on my way to the LEGO store, my wife called to ask why a large box with LEGO arrived.  Hard to explain my Rakuten UCS Snowspeeder while en route to spend $800 for the UCS MF.  I figured I should count my blessings instead of pushing my luck with such an understanding and loving wife.

UCS MF production label.jpg

UCS MF at store.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I am hearing that even though some of you got the Falcon with Double VIP Points and the free gift which is pretty sweet. However I am also hearing that a lot of you weren't able to get the handle and wheels with the set which stinks. When the set came out on the 14th my store didn't have them included and I missed out on picking one up. However I did get it the next day and it included both the handle and the wheels which in my opinion is a part of the experience. I strolled that box out of there with people looking like wtf faces towards me. It was great and it sucks to here you guys didn't get those two parts included with the set.

Just now, Crzypengu said:

So I am hearing that even though some of you got the Falcon with Double VIP Points and the free gift which is pretty sweet. However I am also hearing that a lot of you weren't able to get the handle and wheels with the set which stinks. When the set came out on the 14th my store didn't have them included and I missed out on picking one up. However I did get it the next day and it included both the handle and the wheels which in my opinion is a part of the experience. I strolled that box out of there with people looking like wtf faces towards me. It was great and it sucks to here you guys didn't get those two parts included with the set.

we pay a kid 5$, thats the BP experience  

• Like 1