Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

39 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

So I picked one up this mornin to add to my stash for qfl and what not.  They had 20 to 24.....came back home shaved the facial hair since I've been bumming it in my basement as of late and cut the hair to beat the limit. Returned 6 hours later and managed to pick up the last one.  All gone just like that.

lol nice, how are you going to beat the limit next shipment? =)

Jason Alleman (J K Brick works - creator of the Lego Maze 21305) has a sound/light/Bluetooth brick project on Kickstarter at the moment. He integrated the PFx Brick into the Saturn V:

Superb!
I'd also promote backing the project on Kickstarter as it only has 11 days to go and is just 10% short of its target.
  • Like 4

Jason Alleman (J K Brick works - creator of the Lego Maze 21305) has a sound/light/Bluetooth brick project on Kickstarter at the moment. He integrated the PFx Brick into the Saturn V:

Superb!
I'd also promote backing the project on Kickstarter as it only has 11 days to go and is just 10% short of its target.

Awesome!

I love the vertical stand he made!

On 6/8/2017 at 4:13 PM, LegoSteve said:

I appreciate the mention.  Everyone has a different business model.  I was buying R2D2's at $125 and flipping them for $350 and I wasn't waiting 3 years either.  While everybody was cashing out their 401k's to buy up Tumblers at MSRP, because that's what "the hoard" does, I stood on the sideline and bought up all the Imperial Hotels at $86 and have zero regrets.

Good on the people that bet on it on the first go around.  Clearly even if you sell at $200 and bought at MSRP you are clearing at least $50 a set.  Even now on az around 299$ people are clearing $100+ per set on az.  IMHO that's the way to do it.  Get in, get out, move on.  Not that I dont have LTH sets, but diversity is important!

Guest TabbyBoy
On 09/06/2017 at 3:46 PM, Val-E said:

The point is that it´s too early to bury Apollo. People are making money from it now, which is more than can be said of many already retired sets. I´d definitely get some at 33% off or more but not at full price as I don´t like quick flipping based on TLG distribution problems.

Disney Castle, Porsche 911 and now this are 3 sets that will have made many people good money doing that so all power to them.

Agree, I'm buying mine when it's likely to be discounted in 2018, I'm in no rush and will NEVER pay for than RRP for any set. I'm surprised that impatient buyers are so stupid. These will be stacked up high everywhere before you know it.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Haay said:

grin ... LEGO's production just can't keep up with the demand for this set! :P 

Oh yes it can! Just be patient ;-)

If I've missed out on this set, I will still refuse to pay over RRP for one. Anyway, it may tank like the Red 5 and I'll soon get my chance - LOL.

6 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Agree, I'm buying mine when it's likely to be discounted in 2018, I'm in no rush and will NEVER pay for than RRP for any set. I'm surprised that impatient buyers are so stupid. These will be stacked up high everywhere before you know it.

exactly such stupid as the IPhone buyers....

I have never understood why LEGO has not covered sets' demand in the past - they were able to easily sell 100.000 of Mars Rovers instead of the 30.000 they have produced. But they have learned from the past and the production figures of Saturn V will be around one Million...

Edited by mauro23
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm with you, @TabbyBoy. I refuse to pay more than RRP for a set, especially when it's a new set that will be in production for more than a year yet. But people who were raised by their parents to be spoiled brats, given anything they wanted, the moment they wanted it, think: I want it now and I'll pay whatever necessary to get it now. Ha ha ha... suckers! :P 

For myself, I'm really eager to get this set myself, but I'm patiently waiting for a good promo to go along with the purchase of this marvellous set. :) 

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

I have never understood why LEGO has not covered sets' demand in the past - they were able to easily sell 100.000 of Mars Rovers instead of the 30.000 they have produced. But they have learned from the past and the production figures of Saturn V will be around one Million...

... and the rest!

There's also nothing to stop LEGO from re-releasing the Mars Rover either. However, they need to be careful with over-production as certain Friends, CITY and Star Wars sets are still widely available ar RRP or less way after retirement - Pop Star Bus, Tree House, Deep Sea Exploration or Luke Skywalker anybody?

Edited by TabbyBoy

2 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

What was your original delivery estimate when you ordered?

Think it was "dispatch by 11th June"

5 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

What was your original delivery estimate when you ordered?

Order was placed the evening of 1st June

Guest TabbyBoy

Back in stock at John Lewis, maximum order is 5. I'll wait for LEGO as I'd like VIP points and the current promo ;-)

I can't be arsed to QFLL these.

10 hours ago, mauro23 said:

What makes you think the production will be around 1 million?  I personally have cleared quite a bit with these so far.  Very simple rule of supply and demand.  No different than the stock market.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V