Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

Any reason why these are going out of stock so quickly? Never seen anything go out like this at all...not like it's a special edition or limited time only. But I can definitely say in the beginning, there are a lot of people buying for the personal build though

Let's just say that a majority of the sets u see for sale at retail are being bought up by resellers. Average Joe's and Timmy's have no chance at all right now. They automatically become your buyers of the $200+ price tags.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Shewie said:
Unexpected delivery from John Lewis.
All of them reserved by my friends from Germany. Since it's impossible to get it anywhere in there.

They look in a decent condition. You must have been lucky as my last delivery from John Lewis turned up like this:

65ae4e2de4b3cfd0e934ae78bbe933fb.jpg

Getting back on topic....

Lego Stratford Westfield had at least a dozen in stock this afternoon, with no purchase limit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheGallows said:

Lego must be planning an additional 3 production runs as we speak

They have to be revising their plans. This set is a home run. The only thing that would potentially prevent them from making this set for years is the NASA licence. 

5 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

They have to be revising their plans. This set is a home run. The only thing that would potentially prevent them from making this set for years is the NASA licence. 

I really try to not comment on the forums but I always get a migraine every time I see somebody mention the subject of license agreement.  NASA is a government agency. There is no license agreement.  Lego can crank out White Houses for almost a decade or do a Lincoln memorial set for about a year.  It's just like when somebody wants to crank out a ton of bobbleheads of Obama or Trump.  They don't need permission. 

10 minutes ago, LegoSteve said:

I really try to not comment on the forums but I always get a migraine every time I see somebody mention the subject of license agreement.  NASA is a government agency. There is no license agreement.  Lego can crank out White Houses for almost a decade or do a Lincoln memorial set for about a year.  It's just like when somebody wants to crank out a ton of bobbleheads of Obama or Trump.  They don't need permission. 

I've always been curious when people mentioned NASA license.

But your counter point made me finally look it up a little...

https://www.nasa.gov/audience/formedia/features/Merchandising_Guidelines.html

Edited by cissi
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, LegoSteve said:

Lego did have to get permission but one would assume that once the permission is granted it is opened ended meaning that they could make the set as long as they wanted to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thebrickdad said:

They look in a decent condition. You must have been lucky as my last delivery from John Lewis turned up like this:

Lego Stratford Westfield had at least a dozen in stock this afternoon, with no purchase limit.

all of them in mint condition and in the OEM LEGO cartoon box not in the foil wrap or whatever I see on your picture.

3 hours ago, thebrickdad said:

They turned up in technic boxes?

1 hour ago, thebrickdad said:

How many per box?

• Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V