Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

Guest TabbyBoy
10 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Out of stock again. They went quick. 

They'd always go instantly as a lot are on people's wish lists as "need to have". There's no rush as I was told that Tesco, Smyths and TRU (which I will NEVER buy from again!) could be stocking them soon. The QFLL window is about to close and I'm surprised that some even bother just to mske a couple of quid and risk a loss if returned with a speck of dust on the bod.

BTW... new seal codes on restock?

Edited by TabbyBoy

9 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

They'd always go instantly as a lot are on people's wish lists as "need to have". There's no rush as I was told that Tesco, Smyths and TRU (which I will NEVER buy from again!) could be stocking them soon. The QFLL window is about to close and I'm surprised that some even bother just to mske a couple of quid and risk a loss if returned with a speck of dust on the bod.

BTW... new seal codes on restock?

I expect the price to fall under 80 Euro when the initial lack of supply will be eliminated. To much peaople have bought to much sets for reselling... Good for me as I want to have only two for my private collection...

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

I expect the price to fall under 80 Euro when the initial lack of supply will be eliminated. To much peaople have bought to much sets for reselling... Good for me as I want to have only two for my private collection...

I'll wait for the next 3-for-2 sale ;-) No QFLL will ever get my money, I'd rather go without!

German/European flippers should be aware that it will be widely available (with constant discounts) at Galeria Kaufhof starting Satur(n)day and rumor has it at TRU, too.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-apollo-saturn-v-21309-ab-24-06-bei-galeria-kaufhof/35670

https://ssl.auto-treff.com/bmw/vb/showthread.php?p=3281672#post3281672

Edited by Wildemar

2 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

I predict this will be similar to the Tumbler.

I hope that's the case. Being a collector and a part time reseller is one thing, being a full time scalper is another. I selfishly hope scalpers fail miserably.

3 minutes ago, yang said:

I hope that's the case. Being a collector and a part time reseller is one thing, being a full time scalper is another. I selfishly hope scalpers fail miserably.

How is a scalper different from a collector? Hold time? Get in, get out, make money.  How you do it is up to you.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Legolassy said:

How is a scalper different from a collector? Hold time? Get in, get out, make money.  How you do it is up to you.

There is a slight nuance. A scalper is likely to scoop up as much as hard-to-find product as possible and re-sell it at marked up prices in order to turn a quick profit. The hold time from buying inventory to selling it tends to be a short window.  The margins are variable for scalpers depending on the product in question.  Furthermore, the product as is strictly inventory and a means of profit.  Flipping also can fall under this category.  However, there are more negative connotations and stereotypes associated with scalpers as opposed to flippers.

Collectors collect and tend to hold products before re-selling them at increased profit and margins. Furthermore, there is often diversification of assets rather than stockpiling on a single product. That's my take on it.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V