Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

Knew this was going to be an issue with this set even getting them from sealed cases at the Lego store and TRU they are damaged. Can't imagine what shape they will arrive in when reselling. Luckily for now most people are builders and just feel lucky to have gotten one so no returns. 

2 hours ago, brickolodon said:

Got all Apollos today from Target t online sale from 06-22-17, SNAFU again...boxes damaged and some sets opened, broken seals.

You can always sell them no box to save on shipping 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

Guys I have unfortunately bad news to everyone in Europe.
Forget about Hothbrick rumor about comming back in July or August,

this set is scheduled to be restocked in late August early October.

Information straight from Jamie Berard and Scott the manager of the Leicester Square.

TLG doesn't even have more boxes for stores to restock them, they are pretty dry at the moment, just literally few boxes left in each Store.

I wonder what the US forecast looks like. For a minute there it looked like TLG was on the cusp of catching up to demand and the price on ebay and Amazon has been steadily falling. I was glad to clear all of mine out by last week for between $195-215 shipped.

If the supply woes are getting worse again before getting better, there might be another correction.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shewie said:

Guys I have unfortunately bad news to everyone in Europe.
Forget about Hothbrick rumor about comming back in July or August,

this set is scheduled to be restocked in late August early October.

Information straight from Jamie Berard and Scott the manager of the Leicester Square.

TLG doesn't even have more boxes for stores to restock them, they are pretty dry at the moment, just literally few boxes left in each Store.

Isn´t that basically  glorified "What a Lego employee told me" info? That probably means SAH will be restocked in a week or two as it seems they are fulfilling orders to 3rd party stores.

If you had remembered to ask them about the UCS MF, then we could have compared the veracity of their comments :P

Edited by Val-E

1 hour ago, Shewie said:

no it wasn't from floor employee but information that emerged during cross conversation between me Jamie and Scott the manager of the Leicester Square store.

That´s what I meant, though. They are Lego employees too and at their level have to be even more careful about what info they reveal, especially about matters of current relevance. I´m sure that if you had asked about the UCS MF, they would not have given you a straight answer.

By the way, what seal codes did they have in store?

13 minutes ago, Val-E said:

That´s what I meant, though. They are Lego employees too and at their level have to be even more careful about what info they reveal, especially about matters of current relevance. I´m sure that if you had asked about the UCS MF, they would not have given you a straight answer.

yes obviously they wouldn't give me the straight answer about rumored UCS MF since it's such a important project for entire TLG.
But it's a not a concealed information that Saturn V Supply is a joke and now not only LEGO Shop at Home is suffering but entire chain of stores including Leicester which is currently Dry with no extra dates of ressuply, can't speak for other stores but Leicester is facing some supply shortage right now which is unusual.

3 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Do you know if they are there today as well?

no, sadly they were scheduled only for Saturday from 12 to 4PM, after they finished the Q&A session for LEGO inside the London Bus which was placed next to store they left the store.

Edited by Shewie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

the very last few boxes left were from 22S7

• Like 1

Target has > 99 in stock, no apparent limit.  If you believe that Jamie Berard has inside knowledge on stock supply, this is your chance.

I still stand by my comment that they can produce this nearly weekly for the next several years, so the QFLL opportunity is high risk.   The play on this set is holding a large inventory after EOL as I see it easily being 2x+ RRP once gone from production.  Too early to tie up your capital on it though.

• Like 1

Target is notorious for holding back inventory and letting it out slowly.

I find it hard to believe Target is still receiving shipments but TLG online is out of stock. That would make no business sense.

I see this as a no risk play. if they dont sell you can always return them to free up your capital

19 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

Target has > 99 in stock, no apparent limit.  If you believe that Jamie Berard has inside knowledge on stock supply, this is your chance.

I still stand by my comment that they can produce this nearly weekly for the next several years, so the QFLL opportunity is high risk.   The play on this set is holding a large inventory after EOL as I see it easily being 2x+ RRP once gone from production.  Too early to tie up your capital on it though.

I reckon he was referring to European production.

Regarding a post EOL value, people seem willing to pay 30% over RRP now while it is unavailable, so that would probably be the market value in the short term post retirement too. What happens after is anyone´s guess.

I just had to call SAH customer support for something else. So I asked about 21309 he said they originally had 4,000 back orders in the US and 11,000 in Europe. All US back orders have been filled and most of Europes have been filled. He didn't know when it would be back on US SAH but said August 1 for Europe.

Take it with a grain of salt as its "a LEGO employee told me" but that's the first i have heard that they are still filling back orders.

Edited by Starkthunder
  • Like 2

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V