Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

31 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I saw one in store today for $129.  I don't have any coupons or discounted gift cards to use so I passed.  Sold my last few FBA a couple weeks ago.  I'm done flipping for now and will get one for my personal collection when I can get a nice 20% discount on it.

I don't have any individual shipping boxes that will fit this one.  It was a real pain when I sold my first few FBM.

Yeah I ordered these from Amz. Pratt PRA0119

• Like 1

i'ved snagged 17 all seal codes so far were 20r7 from walmart, target, amazon, shop at home.  2 super minty today from amazon - 25r7.  so i'm guessing we will see even more restocking coming up.  not a huge surprise.

Edited by cladner

Guest TabbyBoy

There's already 37 pages on this tread and this has hardly been available that long, did I do the right thing in calling it a day on investing? Of course, I often think about it and it's superb sets like this that give me cerebral turbulence. I just wish my crystal ball would tell me how many have been made and how "unexclusive" it will be. I still recall the Delorean being available everywhere for what seemed like an eternity at the time and look at it now! I only bought a few as it was so butt ugly!

Can I go out on a limb and say that 1,500,000 Saturn V will be produced? (good royalties for the designer).

Shewie, any idea or not allowed to say? ;-)

7 minutes ago, Croin said:

What do you guys think how the price will develop for the Saturn V over the years? Do you think it will be more available after awhile or not?

No, the party is over, no further sets are expected. I can offer you my very last one at 170 Euro incl. shipping... ;-)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Croin said:

No I am serious about this question I am totally new to Lego investing. So does it make sense investing in them?

It depends....

When they release the same amount of sets like they have done for Mars Rovers (30000) then this one would be like gold - about 500 Euro after one year...

But they will produce about 50 times as much then the game is over...

Just now, mauro23 said:

It depends....

When they release the same amount of sets like they have done for Mars Rovers (30000) then this one would be like gold - about 500 Euro after one year...

But they will produce about 50 times as much then the game is over...

Alright I see, but its hard to predict at that point right?
And even if they produce 50 times the amount I won't see a lose from my invest correct?

So buying 10-20 sets is not a bad idea?

by the way - search for LEGO 21309 at ToysRUs (the set was yesterday available there):

Ihre Suche nach "lego 21309" erzielte leider keine Treffer.
Achtung: Nicht alle Artikel aus unserem großen Sortiment sind auch im Online Shop verfügbar. Artikel, die zurzeit nicht im Online Shop verfügbar sind, können Sie leider auch nicht telefonisch bestellen. Bitte erkundigen Sie sich doch in Ihrem nächsten Toys"R"Us Markt.

24 minutes ago, Croin said:

Alright I see, but its hard to predict at that point right?
And even if they produce 50 times the amount I won't see a lose from my invest correct?

So buying 10-20 sets is not a bad idea?

I have 30 of a retired Ideas set called Exo Suit, that I'd like to offer you at cost.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

The big problem these days is that sets are now made in much larger quantities than before and sold at a lot of different retailers. Even though LEGO often uses the word "Exclusive", it just doesn't mean that anymore. I recall the last good truly exclusive sets of recent years were the 21104 Mars Rover and the 41999 Technic Crawler. Even though we use seal codes to judge production dates, they don't tell us how many tens (or hundreds) of thousands were produced during a particular run.

"Limited Edition" is what we want to see, but that's very rare these days.

As far as 21309 goes, it's the best set produced in a long time and it just can't fail - or can it?

2 minutes ago, Croin said:

Yeah sure no one know for sure. Investing in Lego is new to me but not investing.
What is the past telling about models like this in general?

Because this ones seems to be a very attractive one

Welcome to Brickpicker. The past tells us that the more a set is hyped as an investment, the more it is likely to disappoint once retired.

Thousands of people now have this one on their radar once it comes back in stock so you can be sure there will be oversupply - it all depends on how long TLG make it and how many they make.

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, I am Niko said:

I have 30 of a retired Ideas set called Exo Suit, that I'd like to offer you at cost.

LOL... I bought 5x Exo Suits at £29.99 each and sold them 2 years later for £30 each for 5p total profit - result!

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Welcome to Brickpicker. The past tells us that the more a set is hyped as an investment, the more it is likely to disappoint once retired.

Thousands of people now have this one on their radar once it comes back in stock so you can be sure there will be oversupply - it all depends on how long TLG make it and how many they make.

OK I see so I will sell them now for a bit of profit!
Thank you!

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V