Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

Just now, Lordoflego said:

Sorry for keeping off topic but people forget that exo suits were great for quick flipping, doubling money instantly...but then they came back....full force lol

Yes, same with RI and many others. The first flipping window was the best time to make money on those over hyped sets before diminishing returns rules apply.

Most of us who diss Exo or RI do so because we missed the window. WIth Apollo, I have chosen to keep my window bolted shut.

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yes, same with RI and many others. The first flipping window was the best time to make money on those over hyped sets before diminishing returns rules apply.

Most of us who diss Exo or RI do so because we missed the window. WIth Apollo, I have chosen to keep my window bolted shut.

While all exo suits were gone from stores I still had plenty at my local LLDC so I was happy and flipping like crazy but then I overdid it and still sitting on 25 of them. I diss them now too :) 

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 1

I still think this set will be superb in the future no matter the supply numbers simply bcs its one of the best sets ever even for non Lego fans.
It's not something special like the exo stuff. "only bcs rare" this set is simply awesome by itself. I'll keep 5 sets for 5 years maybe I will see a nice return maybe not who cares.

Btw one question about the millenium falcon was it limited ?

Edited by Croin

6 minutes ago, Croin said:

I still think this set will be superb in the future no matter the supply numbers simply bcs its one of the best sets ever even for non Lego fans.
It's not something special like the exo stuff. "only bcs rare" this set is simply awesome by itself. I'll keep 5 sets for 5 years maybe I will see a nice return maybe not who cares.

Btw one question about the millenium falcon was it limited ?

Really? have a look on the Ferris Wheel, one of the best sets ever, and judge its profit potential... or Tower Bridge..

Regarding Falcon, yes it was limited by the demand. It was not high due to the enormous price of 400 Euro...

1 minute ago, mauro23 said:

Really? have a look on the Ferris Wheel, one of the best sets ever, and judge its profit potential... or Tower Bridge..

Regarding Falcon, yes it was limited by the demand. It was not high due to the enormous price of 400 Euro...

Sry but for someone not from Lego this sets look totally stupid.

The Nasa set I could imagine putting somehwer this ones not.

I have sold 150 of these so far and had the chance to buy more.  If I can make a quick buck, why not.  I would rather flip quick and get guaranteed money and then save some cash for longer terms.  Diversity is key.  I got a bunch of Sydney opera houses for $200 last fall, those are doubled at this point.  But if I can spend $100 and make $50 in weeks, it seems silly not to....

30 minutes ago, Croin said:

I still think this set will be superb in the future no matter the supply numbers [...]

3 minutes ago, Croin said:

I am new here Idk I will keep 5 and I hope it will be a good investment we will see in a couple of years

Alright, short summary for all who missed that conversation:

• You don't know a lot about LEGO (investment/flipping) and don't care about the product.
  • You join this community just to ask about investment potential of a specific set to save the time of your own research.
  • You get some really helpful and patient answers.
  • You don't like those answers because they don't go in line with your high hopes.
  • Suddenly you are the expert telling us that rules of supply and demand won't apply to this set because it's awesome and you will do what you had in mind in the first place.

Did I miss anything essential?

• Like 4

Just now, Wildemar said:

Alright, short summary for all who missed that conversation:

• You don't know a lot about LEGO (investment/flipping) and don't care about the product.
  • You join this community just to ask about investment potential of a specific set to save the time of your own research.
  • You get some really helpful and patient answers.
  • You don't like those answers because they don't go in line with your high hopes.
  • Suddenly you are the expert telling us that rules of supply and demand won't apply to this set because it's awesome and you will do what you had in mind in the first place.

Did I miss anything essential?

No it seems reasonable what you write guys. Totally but I simply have a different feeling for this model thats it. Every market is the same.

2 minutes ago, Croin said:

No it seems reasonable what you write guys. Totally but I simply have a different feeling for this model thats it. Every market is the same.

So keep them long-term and best of luck.  

I've flipped every one I have been able to order (2 of them) and will continue to do so if I find them online to buy again (doubtful) with the price still around $175 plus.

Edited by LegoMan1212

So keep them long-term and best of luck.  
I've flipped every one I have been able to order (2 of them) and will continue to do so if I find them online to buy again (doubtful) with the price still around $175 plus.

I have an extra (bought 2 from WM @ $112.99 - but might return it since it's not worth the effort to list on eBay [no market in my rural environment to sell via Craigslist]).

I have an extra (bought 2 from WM @ $112.99 - but might return it since it's not worth the effort to list on eBay [no market in my rural environment to sell via Craigslist]).

If u can afford it just store them already. Those two would be the first of your investment in Apollo.
  • Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V