Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

2 minutes ago, Haay said:

NASA Apollo Saturn V set available for order again in LEGO Shop at Home Europe! Just made my order and am getting a Piggy Bank promo included as well. :) 

Weird, now it says SOLD OUT.

Fashion-Tech-Bubble_article.jpg

Edited by Val-E

3 minutes ago, Haay said:

NASA Apollo Saturn V set available for order again in LEGO Shop at Home Europe! Just made my order and am getting a Piggy Bank promo included as well. :) 

Sold out again... Happy that I was able to get 8 of them from TRU two days ago... I have called them yesterday, the date when the set will be avilable again is 11. August, if not later...

Edited by mauro23

11 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Sold out again... Happy that I was able to get 8 of them from TRU two days ago... I have called them yesterday, the date when the set will be avilable again is 11. August, if not later...

Wowww, that was phreaking fast! Glad my order got through in time. :D 

I am truly amazed at how many people are buying this right now for investment.  Awesome set that is an infant.  It is not going anywhere based on Lego history of these sets.  The modern age of lego discounts says, when they are 20-30% off here in the us, pick them up.  No points, no gift cards, straight reduction of capital investment.

still flying at 180-200 range so assume most are just making there $20-40 if they have no discounts at all.  Buy with any form of discounts and that turns into more.

Low buy in , guaranteed profit while it is still hot.   Might be the most it ever sees the way things go these days.  Even if you keep pushing it and get stuck with the last batch you'll be able to get out at breakeven if you so choose or have a head start for down the road.

Haven't had a set stay hot this long since RE so it is pretty damn impressive especially seeing this one has been available many places and many times unlike RE was.  

23 hours ago, Haay said:

Wowww, that was phreaking fast! Glad my order got through in time. :D 

Well, apparently it was a glitch in the LEGO Shop at Home EU site, because this morning I received an email about my order stating that:

The demand for the item(s) listed below has exceeded our expectations and the item(s) are no longer available. We regret to inform you that the order for these item(s) has been cancelled from your order #xxxxxxxxxx

:( 

Oh well, have to wait till the next nice promo offer then (around Christmas?) and hope the Saturn V will be available in good enough quantities at that time... Patience is key!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

B&N has removed this set from their website.  I find this odd, but possibly it also means they won't be getting it back in?

There was a statement posted on several LEGO fan web sides that it is produced all the time but first all backordered orders have to be fulfilled and therefore this set will be avalable not before August, 11th...

Edited by mauro23

Thought I'd share this from our friends over at The Brick Fan:

Even though the LEGO Ideas NASA Apollo Saturn V (21309) was just released last month, it has been out of stock pretty much since then and fans have been starting to worry if it would ever come back. There have been sightings of it at various LEGO Brand Stores, Barnes & Noble, and Walmart but that stock has been limited as well. So what’s the deal on it?

Last month, it was stated through an email from LEGO saying that the Saturn V would be in production through 2018 and we now have an official word from Hasan from LEGO Ideas. In his statement, he has stated

We Are Continuing To Produce More Apollo Saturn V Sets

There was no doubt that the set would continued to be produced but some would rather wait for an official statement from LEGO. As Captain America says, be patient and keep checking in on it at LEGO Stores if you’re near one or on B&N and Walmart online. You can read the full statement below.

It has been over a month since the official launch of the LEGO® Ideas 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V set and the overwhelming popularity of the iconic rocket has unfortunately meant that some LEGO fans have not yet been able to purchase their set or have had to wait longer than they had hoped.

Unfortunately, rumours and speculation have arisen concerning its availability, which we would like to shortly address.

We Are Continuing To Produce More Apollo Saturn V Sets
Having just launched the Apollo Saturn V set recently, we will continue to produce the set according to our scheduled plans and we would like to re-assure everyone that it has not been retired.

While the set is temporarily out of stock through our online shop, with limited quantities available in LEGO Stores, our production teams are working hard to produce more sets in order to make sure that everyone will be able to purchase their copy. This does take time however and we therefore ask for your patience. The product page on our online shop is continually updated to reflect current availability, but if you have questions regarding your order you’re very welcome to contact our Customer Service.

We would like to thank you for your continued support of LEGO Ideas, and we cannot wait to bring you more exciting sets designed by LEGO fans.

The post LEGO Ideas NASA Apollo Saturn V (21309) Availability Update appeared first on The Brick Fan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AntimonyER said:

Resale price elevator... going down.

Actually right now I would think "Going Up". Unless you were referring to a Aerosmith reference in which case going down would certainly be a plus. ;-)

2ad240f12654c1c8baeda3afa66fd9950eea77e4

From the trackers/notifiers that I'm using even when I check the site "listed", even seconds after (I work at a desk all day) the item is out of stock. I know that bots can be used to purchase on WM, but I'm not sure about Amazon. Both are out of stock instantly even when reported in stock. Could be a site error, could be bots. Either way the Apollo, right now, is hard to purchase online.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AntimonyER said:

I agree, still hard to find, and resellers will still have sales. But knowing this set will be in production THROUGH 2018, will quell some of the demand. That will result in some price erosion.

WHO is knowing? The business man who wants to have one in his office? The scientist who wants to have one in his astronomic observatory?

I don't think so, the info is really restricted to us, the LEGO fans and resellers...

I have to imagine a lot of the current retail price sales are to resellers, no? They ARE in the know. The spigot isn't turning off anytime soon, this news would make me stop buying this set at retail for resale. I imagine the same is true for a lot of resellers. Sure average joe doesn't see this news, but he does see when its in stock longer at MSRP since resellers aren't beating him to it anymore, he doesn't need to buy on secondary market.

16 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

WHO is knowing? The business man who wants to have one in his office? The scientist who wants to have one in his astronomic observatory?

I don't think so, the info is really restricted to us, the LEGO fans and resellers...

Agree. One of the mistakes that I've made as a reseller and truly underestimated is "New release demand" or the "I've got to have it now" mentality. There are thousands of people out there that still want this set and want it now.

IMO secondary market prices are being driven down by resellers who don't have the capital to wait/hold and need to sell (probably those that buy on credit alone) and saturation.

188 listings on Ebay right now (US only) and 96 of those between $150-$200 with the lowest BIN at $178. (which by my calcs would only be $10 profit.)

• Like 3

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V