Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

6 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

I think this is going to be how I start to label sets being sold opened box, sealed bags. 

Or just send the set fully built, that would eliminate any frustration for the buyer as there would be no missing parts or need to read the manual.

Guest TabbyBoy

I wonder if it'll just be an address label stuck on the box? That's as "Frustration Free" (NOT) as it gets! If any of you get one that's not mint, don't be stupid, just keep it and double your money in a couple of years.

I just sold mine for £200 cash!

LOL - What if it's shipped ready assembled in a 1m posting tube?

Edited by TabbyBoy

23 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I can't understand why some people are flipping these now for £20 post-fee profit when it could easily make £150+ profit within 2 years. This set is HOT, be patient! I admit, I was tempted to buy more than one of these, but I've remained strong.

Good thing is that you don't have to understand........put your thoughts into something more productive. You will live longer :)

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Amazon had one on Warehouse Deals for $98.39, so I grabbed that one.  I still haven't built any of mine yet.

My experience with Frustration Free is it comes in a box, just like any other delivery.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201222000

you beat me to it by mere secs.  darn you.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
29 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

Not very nice to tell people "be patient" and selling for less than $150 profit 

£200 cash is nearly the equivalent of getting £300 on eBay and then having to pay for fees, double-walled box, postage and income tax. Considering I only paid £88 for it, I did OK with £112 profit (nearly $150). I only sold it as John Lewis now have the 2nd one I had on backorder ready to pick up. My aim was to build one for free and I'll not be buying more.

It still beats the meagre profit that most QFLLs are making ;-)

19 minutes ago, Rodeogeorge said:

I did my part a bought 2 yesterday. I'm taking a breather.

I bought one. I was thinking about going in for another but I don't think I will. I am a small time college investor. Between stocks, Legos, and the upcoming SNES classic, I think my investing money will be tied up ;) .

1 hour ago, bigboy61 said:

It's still available on Amazon for $119.99 l. Sigh. Amazon must have gotten a good shipment of them. Either that or the horde hasn't decended upon them yet. 

12 hours ago, hippielego said:

Limit 1 on amazon.  I don't know if I remember seeing that on a set.  Do they do that alot? 

it's limit 1 otherwise these would have disappeared in under a couple of hours.  

it will be interesting to see what the seal codes are on these and if other retailers get restocked.

discussing-important-things-with-friends-like-games-anime-etc_o_1205534 (1).gif

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

my lego shop at home already delivered and it is 29R7 for what it is worth

it also came in a brown lego box that was made perfectly to fit it with the norma Lego building toys logo on the outside like it would be a case pack and the box was much thicker cardboard than normal but it did not say case pack have case pack labels or Saturn on the box  ..... the box inside was mint maybe they are changing boxes to better protect Lego sets

Edited by starwarsxpress
  • Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V