Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

Got my one and only from LEGO Shop at Home and I'm impressed with the packaging. Perfect for box and durable. And I guess they're shipping the freebies separately. Great no damaged boxes. Hope this shipping method sticks with them especially for larger sets.

90f280b6c354446679d22ff377ac1ca4.jpgaec5662ea634afbd2a00dcabd5e04747.jpg

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
10 hours ago, Shewie said:

Era of QFFL'ing 21309 with significant profit is over.

I don't think so TBH. This is the hottest set in years and I think this will skyrocket (pun intended) after EOL. Since it's IDEAS, a long retail life is unlikely. The next opportunity could be when they next run out again just before Xmas. In my heyday, I'd have asked everybody I know to backorder 5 for me on my behalf. Remember, the Mars Rover was also often TOOS with limit 5 and look at it now.

The 10221 SSD was limit 99 at one point!

Anyway, current QFLLing with £20 profit after fees/tax is hardly significant ;-)

In the curent uncertain era, this has to be the lowest risk of all, right? Can you imagine demand in 2019 to coincide with the 50th anniversary?

Guest TabbyBoy

Bugger! I've just had to cancel my order as I'll be away when it arrives and I don't trust the scum that lives nextdoor! Oh well... that'll be another 3 months (or never) to wait for a restock ;-(

No offers please as I'm paying £109.99 max.

Edited by TabbyBoy

26 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Bugger! I've just had to cancel my order as I'll be away when it arrives and I don't trust the scum that lives nextdoor! Oh well... that'll be another 3 months (or never) to wait for a restock ;-(

When are you next in Cardiff? I can hold one for you.

there is no need probably, called today CS regarding my Lego Boost issues with software, asked side question about 21309 and they seem to have more than 10 000 boxes for this run.
It's already a second day of the open backorder and they are all being accepted with limit 5 PHH
Which means more to come.

Guest TabbyBoy
23 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

When are you next in Cardiff? I can hold one for you.

It's OK, I've asked my cousin to pick one up next week, thanks!

Guest TabbyBoy
18 minutes ago, Shewie said:

there is no need probably, called today CS regarding my Lego Boost issues with software, asked side question about 21309 and they seem to have more than 10 000 boxes for this run.
It's already a second day of the open backorder and they are all being accepted with limit 5 PHH
Which means more to come.

10,000 isn't a lot and could be gone by tomorrow. I remember that the 20,000x 41999 Crawlers seemed to disappear overnight. It'd be interesting to see how many 21309 that LEGO are prepared to make. I think they'd rather make too few than too many. 

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Mine just moved from 'Backordered to "In Warehouse" on order status so I called CS. They confirmed that it's being processed now and should be delivered within a week. The reason being that it was on my wishlist for a long time and those are being fulfilled first. I'll then post the seal code and advise box condition even though I'll be building it anyway.

At least that evil neighbour doesn't have to sign for it and then leave it outside in the rain! We've had a dreadful wet/cold/windy/dull Summer in the UK.

9 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Mine just moved from 'Backordered to "In Warehouse" on order status so I called CS. They confirmed that it's being processed now and should be delivered within a week. The reason being that it was on my wishlist for a long time and those are being fulfilled first. I'll then post the seal code and advise box condition even though I'll be building it anyway.

At least that evil neighbour doesn't have to sign for it and then leave it outside in the rain! We've had a dreadful wet/cold/windy/dull Summer in the UK.

What about those from John Lewis you declared to build in first place, your place will turn in to the NASA Centre soon enough.

The reason being that it was on my wishlist for a long time and those are being fulfilled first

That's not true.
Friend of mine in Poland ordered yesterday with today's status "in Warehouse" without using "Wishlist Section" ever before.

UK CS in 80% is a bunch of randoms working within "frame". Germany CS for instance is superior. They handled my request butter smooth with VAT Invoice (Export VAT) when UK CS didn't even know what I'm talking about not to mention what I'm asking for.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, waddamon said:

Tabby is out of Lego hoarding.

Correct!

I have built one Saturn V and loved every minute of it - this one came from John Lewis in a damaged box at a discount, my local school is currently displaying it.

The other mint one from John Lewis was sold (at a nice profit) to somebody who needed it urgently for his son's birthday.

My 3rd one is the one that should arrive next week. I'd like to keep it boxed, but I'll build it if the school buys the other one off me.

If I was still hoarding, then why would I be selling Pet Shops to you guys at RRP knowing that they'll be worth a little more in a few years? ;-)

Honestly, I thought that 21309 would be TOOS again by now - the UK buyers are slacking!

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V