Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Val-E said:

Interesting. That means flipping window 3.0 is now open until maybe mid September just as prices were dipping back down on Ebay.

This set is so hot that it'll be flippable often during it's life and then hit the roof after EOL. It's so hot that I've often thought of getting back into the race ;-)

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

This set is so hot that it'll be flippable often during it's life and then hit the roof after EOL. It's so hot that I've often thought of getting back into the race ;-)

Good thing I was sitting down when I read that. ;-)

Yes I just flipped another one to a guy at a LEGO convention. Although flipping on ebay seems to be harder to get my desired profit. It is possible. Last one I sold was to a buyer  a few zip codes over. They obviously needed it quick.

It doesn't change anything that it's OOS nor make any more opportunity for those with broad experience in reselling like you here.
 I'm after lecture on polish AFOL community website which clearly shows intention of those who made order within last open window.

"I've ordered 5 (max PHH) one is for me rest is going on ebay/gumtree/facebook marketplace you name it."

People can definitely smell it when it comes to the money and no one wants to be outside of the bandwagon when it comes again to flip the set for extra $.

Easy, small but always profit.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Villager Chris said:

Received mine today from SAH. Code: 30S7. Slight crease in the corner but boxed well. 

Same here, mine also 30S7, but perfect box. The Caveman promo was missed out, but I'm not bothered.

43 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Same here, mine also 30S7, but perfect box. The Caveman promo was missed out, but I'm not bothered.

I'm a VIP, so you must be VVIP to receive a perfect box!

Seriously a bit annoying as I plan to keep this long into post-retirement. If it does do very well, I can't help feeling an imperfect box, however minor, devalues a high-end item by 10%+. 

Edited by Villager Chris

13 hours ago, the_shy_guy said:

Just reserved one in Regensburg get the confirmation latest at 19:35 

Well did you get the confirmation? I talked to the staff in person and learned it was just their inventory displaying false stock, to my knowledge they never yet had one set of 21309 physically in store. I've tried to reserve one multiple times, but always got a cancellation half an hour later...

1 hour ago, Haay said:

I ordered one on the 24th and it still shows as backordered. But I'll only start to worry if that status doesn't change after September 6th. :P

Well, if they had bothered to put max 1 on the web order everyone would have got theirs by now. The good thing is that this should stop them all getting listed on ebay and the like immediately and continue to drain current stock.

Guest TabbyBoy

John Lewis also had a limit of 5 and, of course, 5 was the most common order size according to an ex colleague who works there. I think little Timmy's mummy will be paying top whack for these at Xmas. The only problem is that competition will be rife. Keep for 2 years post EOL and it could be the next Mars Rover which was also limit 5 (otherwise I'd have ordered 99 at a time!).

Meh, BS. Will be back in October.

This delivery to the stores and restock was kind of unexpected for most because stores managment were informed that the major new run will come back in october.
Now we have late august and we get thousands in stores and 10000-15000 in online store which already vanished.

They are the last company to kill the goose who lay golden eggs.

Wait till october then.

Anyway ebay and amazon will be overhoarded with those sets from LIMIT 5 orders. (one for me 4 for resale)

Edited by Shewie

Just now, mauro23 said:

Yes sure, have you forgotten that we had the info from LEGO that it will be widely distributed in August? 

Well I'm based on what I hear in UK from store managment (K stands for Korea with invisible N on the front)
I dont trust CS because they are bunch of randoms, you can make 4 phone calls and you will get 4 different answers for same question.

Always aiming for high profile ppl in company.

I'll have a word during Force Friday with proper person to answer to this query before he moves to Billund for good from UK. (RBM)
And I'll get back to you.

at this point I'm not taking this "canard" serious. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Well I'm based on what I hear in UK from store managment (K stands for Korea with invisible N on the front)
I dont trust CS because they are bunch of randoms, you can make 4 phone calls and you will get 4 different answers for same question.

Always aiming for high profile ppl in company.

I'll have a word during Force Friday with proper person to answer to this query before he moves to Billund for good from UK. (RBM)
And I'll get back to you.

at this point I'm not taking this "canard" serious. 

I can really imagine that they have made a lot of new Falcons (or Cloud Citys) in the meantime and were not able to cover the Saturn V demand. But in case the situation persists still in September then this set is really to the end.

Also the new hint at S&H seems to confirm that:

We apologise, but this item is not currently available on shop.LEGO.com. Limited quantities may be available inLEGO® Stores.

There is no need to pointing out the people to LEGO stores when it would be available soon online for everyone...

Edited by mauro23

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V