Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

Just now, stephen_rockefeller said:

When you say pick of the litter you mean you picked them all up I hope?

Haha no unfortunately I did not. Just one for me for the moment. Still deciding if I want to hold or sell. If you're located near Irvine though, totally worth taking a look - I bet they're still there. That Mission Viejo store had plenty of items that were no longer available on SAH.

22 minutes ago, tlcliff7 said:

Haha no unfortunately I did not. Just one for me for the moment. Still deciding if I want to hold or sell. If you're located near Irvine though, totally worth taking a look - I bet they're still there. That Mission Viejo store had plenty of items that were no longer available on SAH.

In Warsaw, Lego Store still has 2015 retirements in stock.

Edited by Shewie
  • Thanks 1

I really don't think TLG is retiring this set any time soon, perhaps some time around the end of 2018 beginning 2019 maybe but not now - its just way to early. TLG just probably did a small production run on the initial release and couldn't keep up with the QFs who just snapped them up faster then you can say Saturn V 21309.

Forgot to mention I also was able to grab a couple today at the TLG B/M store today. They had 6.

Edited by BrickSamurai

41 minutes ago, raulaco said:

My few saturn v's arrived today and the boxes are defiantly not at legos usual standard. One has been creased a fair bit plus another has a long rasied mark down the whole box. Anyone else noticed a difference with the box conditions?

Yes. They ship out the good boxes first and end with the worst box conditions. So we should see retirement in a month.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Our LEGO store just re-opened Sunday after a couple months of remodeling.  I guess the place flooded.  I can buy about as many  of any set I want since none have been sold during that time.  I've got six of these I'm going to send to FBA.  Thinking I might go and grab a couple from the store tomorrow.

15 hours ago, raulaco said:

My few saturn v's arrived today and the boxes are defiantly not at legos usual standard. One has been creased a fair bit plus another has a long rasied mark down the whole box. Anyone else noticed a difference with the box conditions?

I have ordered a lot from sah over the years.  The last 2 mos have been total crap! Two in a box with limited padding, you name it.  I've never returned stuff before because I didn't have to...I've returned 6 sets in 6 weeks.  Totally unsat packing job.  Don't know if they have new warehouse people, but no bueno!

14 hours ago, emazers said:

The Saturn 5 is not retiring anytime soon

Any ideas on retirement date emazers?  

1 hour ago, Legolassy said:

I have ordered a lot from sah over the years.  The last 2 mos have been total crap! Two in a box with limited padding, you name it.  I've never returned stuff before because I didn't have to...I've returned 6 sets in 6 weeks.  Totally unsat packing job.  Don't know if they have new warehouse people, but no bueno!

In the US, I have more issues with too much padding.  They overstuff the box and the contents get smooshed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legolassy said:

Any ideas on retirement date emazers?  

I see this set lasting til at least Christmas, why would tell retire in just a few months. With 1000's of people still complaining about about they still can't get one.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, emazers said:

I see this set lasting til at least Christmas, why would tell retire in just a few months. With 1000's of people still complaining about about they still can't get one.

I have to concur with that assessment. In the past week, I've had three people try to get one from me off BrickLink.  The first two were an American and Canadian.  They both balked at the shipping price.  The third one didn't and was totally fine with it.  He was German.  This set definitely is in demand.

In the US, I have more issues with too much padding.  They overstuff the box and the contents get smooshed.

To much padding? The whole purpose of the padding is twofold, to secure the item so it does not move when the box is handled and to offer extra strength and integrity so the box does not smash as easily when it's thrown or stacked. These things are only accomplished when the item is packed snuggly inside the box. So, to much padding? I regularly receive items with not enough padding. These often are damaged with creases because the shipping box has been smashed. This would be avoided in most cases if they'd simply pack it more tightly and snugly.

To much padding? The whole purpose of the padding is twofold, to secure the item so it does not move when the box is handled and to offer extra strength and integrity so the box does not smash as easily when it's thrown or stacked. These things are only accomplished when the item is packed snuggly inside the box. So, to much padding? I regularly receive items with not enough padding. These often are damaged with creases because the shipping box has been smashed. This would be avoided in most cases if they'd simply pack it more tightly and snugly.

Yes. When they pack it & place the air pillows in & it clearly doesn't fit, they then push down the box, damaging the item as they close it. Seal it & send it on its way. It's happened more than once to me.
  • Like 4

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V