Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

On 9/7/2017 at 3:35 PM, BricksBrotha said:

People thought the Delorean would never go on sale?   Pretty sure everything these days get hit with a deal somewhere along its lifespan 

I've said this about 1000 times. This set will DeLorean. Initial QFLL frenzy. Massive oversupply. Loads of whining. Sale. Shunning due to "this set DeLoreaned." Retirement. To the skies again.

Edited by minicoopers11

4 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

I've said this about 1000 times. This set will DeLorean. Initial QFLL frenzy. Massive oversupply. Loads of whining. Sale. Shunning due to "this set DeLoreaned." Retirement. To the skies again.

Maybe I remember incorrectly, but I think most of the whining about the DeLorean was about it being a bad model not about over supply.  Its retirement price spike caught most people off guard.  The Saturn V will catch no one off guard.

• Like 2

Just now, belljohn said:

Maybe I remember incorrectly, but I think most of the whining about the DeLorean was about it being a bad model not about over supply.  Its retirement price spike caught most people off guard.  The Saturn V will catch no one off guard.

We are both right there...tons of whining due to the model. Also, it was used as a derogatory verb for awhile after the oversupply, such as this set "DeLoreaned."

As to retirement spike, I disagree. Most don't learn from history.

2 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

We are both right there...tons of whining due to the model. Also, it was used as a derogatory verb for awhile after the oversupply, such as this set "DeLoreaned."

As to retirement spike, I disagree. Most don't learn from history.

That would be funny to see.  Let's hope so.

On 9/7/2017 at 2:30 PM, TabbyBoy said:

Hmmm... 125% of RRP - this won't even cover fees and income tax on eBay. I think these sellers will regret selling so cheap in two years time. I plan to sell one in 2019 to pay for the one I gave to my local school and the one I'll build over Xmas. Lot's of sellers still don't realise that lots of other sellers mean meagre profit, if any at all. This is one of those rare sets where you need to waiti it out for a bit longer. I still have thousands of other sets to sell, but I'm not even considering it until the competition has died down.

I know, I know, I know.... I'm out of the game, but I still have a vast inventory to offload when the time comes.

I know yeah, I've got like 10 Dr Who's too ;)

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V