Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

7 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Where?

Unfortunately, I live nowhere near a LEGO shop as I live in Reading. I don't fancy heading into the horrors of London (OMG.. I really HATE that place!) so I have to rely on online purchases. I did call the Cardiff branch as I pass through there every few months, but they're unable to reserve one.

My 2p/2c... Flip now for £50 profit or hold until Xmas 2018 for £150 profit ;-)

LEGO prioritising new TLJ SW sets on production lines over 21309 is only hearsay. LEGO could simply have not produced enough, it's happened before.

I hope you manage to get one! Do you think will be any difference in profit this Christmas? Was thinking about hanging out untill then hoping there out of stock around hat period 

Alright, I'll consent. If I were having tons of trouble even securing a few copies of 21309, then I most definitely would sit on them for a while. I believe it will remain popular for a long while, and that, as with most of the other recent Ideas sets, it's production won't last much longer, if at all, past a year. So, if I was not getting these sets easily, then I'd sit on those I did, and wait.

But, I've not been having any trouble getting them. And, having just a few months ago moved to the Chicago area, I've got five Lego stores within an hours drive of me. One, a Legoland Discovery center, doesn't play by the same rules as the Lego stores in that they allow me to purchase multiple copies in one shot. Just last Friday I walled in and purchased 3 at 10% off each (I've a Legoland discovery center membership). So, I'm flipping mine as fast as I get them and the quick cash is pulling up. Eventually though, like after Christmas, I'll start stockpiling these. But for now I'm taking advantage.

I should also mention, I'm without work at the moment. My wife is the one working, so I'm dropping Lego fund money to help pay our bills. Thus, I've currently got an extra incentive to flip for quick cash.

Wondering here... Do Lego stores in Germany, for example the one in Oberhausen (Centro), get 21309 resupplied? I read on another forum that in Europe the physical brand stores get preference in restocking while the LEGO Shop at Home (EU) store will only get new stock in October. Just curious if Germans or others have recently visited German Lego stores and bought the Saturn V there...

8 minutes ago, Haay said:

Wondering here... Do Lego stores in Germany, for example the one in Oberhausen (Centro), get 21309 resupplied? I read on another forum that in Europe the physical brand stores get preference in restocking while the LEGO Shop at Home (EU) store will only get new stock in October. Just curious if Germans or others have recently visited German Lego stores and bought the Saturn V there...

You should PM the Berlin seller on ebay who is constantly selling and restocking them at 170 euros. They might have an answer.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

They are restocked everywhere in Europe with 32S7 Seals, got mine today.
One per house hold no exceptions. Supply is very limited, once this run will be gone, it's gone for another month or two.

Got mine from Leicester Square.

Edited by Shewie

9 hours ago, Blake3741 said:

Alright, I'll consent. If I were having tons of trouble even securing a few copies of 21309, then I most definitely would sit on them for a while. I believe it will remain popular for a long while, and that, as with most of the other recent Ideas sets, it's production won't last much longer, if at all, past a year. So, if I was not getting these sets easily, then I'd sit on those I did, and wait.

But, I've not been having any trouble getting them. And, having just a few months ago moved to the Chicago area, I've got five Lego stores within an hours drive of me. One, a Legoland Discovery center, doesn't play by the same rules as the Lego stores in that they allow me to purchase multiple copies in one shot. Just last Friday I walled in and purchased 3 at 10% off each (I've a Legoland discovery center membership). So, I'm flipping mine as fast as I get them and the quick cash is pulling up. Eventually though, like after Christmas, I'll start stockpiling these. But for now I'm taking advantage.

I should also mention, I'm without work at the moment. My wife is the one working, so I'm dropping Lego fund money to help pay our bills. Thus, I've currently got an extra incentive to flip for quick cash.

You're doing it all wrong. You're suppose to move out of Chicagoland couple months ago (like I did) be jobless (as I am) in Florida. Life is beautiful. No time to look for a job. 

But yes, LLDC was great, so were all the lego stores I had there. Here? Closest Kmart? 2h drive. Closest lego store? 2h drive....

im staying though!

Edited by Lordoflego

You're doing it all wrong. You're suppose to move out of Chicagoland couple months ago (like I did) be jobless (as I am) in Florida. Life is beautiful. No time to look for a job. 
But yes, LLDC was great, so were all the lego stores I had there. Here? Closest Kmart? 2h drive. Closest lego store? 2h drive....
im staying though!

I just moved from Florida. It's way TOO hot there.

I recently took a trip across the country and purchased and built this set while I was there. But I was so scared of trying to take it on a plane coming back, I decided to just leave it with a relative to mail to me. Yknow I mean it looks like a projectile and I figured Airport security would want to bust it up to make sure it didn't have anything inside it. But maybe I'm just paranoid. But I could just see it being on national news, "Man mistakenly tackled and tazed over a LEGO rocket" ?????

im staying though!

And, because of Lego's crazy contract with Disney, if you live in central Florida, unless your close to Orlando, your out of luck with the Lego store. Although, we were North of Orlando, so the Disney Springs Lego store was within striking distance. It's a great store. Very often, when things are out of stock on shop@home, they still get it there because they do so much business. It's one of those stores that I bet gets some of these 21309s every couple of weeks.

Anyways, I'm glad your happy in Florida, but it was to hot for me. I'm stoked to be in Chicago, and won't be jobless for to many more months. I just finished my master's degree, and will be working as an actuary as soon as I pad this second exam. Chicago has so many more opportunities for me in this arena than Florida had.

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

thanks.  weekly limit just turned over and in for another.  loving the frustration free packaging which will make selling much easier.

Guest TabbyBoy
28 minutes ago, thebrickdad said:

Looks like the UK may have supplies back on track finally... Leicester Square had lots on the shelves today and SaH reports Backorders will ship by 6th September.

Thanks... I just backordered one.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V