Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

This is a interesting set. I had a family member ask me to keep my eye out for one and to pay me back. They rarely ever buy a set. The last set they bought for their own collection was Indiana Jones sets when they were in Wal-Mart's. This set is one of those once a decade sets. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WCH said:

How is holding this set at this point for 2 years + or is it just a Quick flip for $30-$50?

I would go for slow flip.  At this point Dec 1st looks like a good date to try to sell.  I am guessing if they have them, they will be gone after black Friday, and then skies the limit.

27R7 for the one I ordered from LEGO Shop at Home a few days ago.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, belljohn said:

I would go for slow flip.  At this point Dec 1st looks like a good date to try to sell.  I am guessing if they have them, they will be gone after black Friday, and then skies the limit.

27R7 for the one I ordered from LEGO Shop at Home a few days ago.

You think they will stop producing after black Friday? That seems like a really short production period for the set.

1 hour ago, the_shy_guy said:

Ordered 2 of them but the discount shown isn't correct.. 209,98€ - 24€ = 200,98€..

Do you have the same problem?

3 hours ago, Ilvantastic said:

Ordered 2 of them but the discount shown isn't correct.. 209,98€ - 24€ = 200,98€..

Do you have the same problem?

It about the 15€ discount above 100€ sale.

If you order only one set the 15€ get discounted correctly, but when you order two the 15€ get distributed on both, leading to a bit of an irritating situation.

Best practise would be to by only one set per order, thus always collecting the full 15€ discount. Not so easy when stocks last only a few minutes though...

On 7/26/2017 at 8:40 PM, WCH said:

How is holding this set at this point for 2 years + or is it just a Quick flip for $30-$50?

I'd flip it as fast as possible.  But, I'm close to Lego stores galore, with four in the Chicagoland area.  But, you never know when Lego is going to have this set available again on the shop at home website.  So, personally, I'm flipping mine as fast as I can.  So far I've profited over $200 reselling these on eBay.  I was surprised yesterday when I posted one for $177 that sold in 2 hours, even though there are about 10 other listings there that are cheaper.  Flip, flip, flip!  Take that extra money, and buy yourself one of these later.  Obviously there will be other opportunities to get one.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V