Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

I just had to call SAH customer support for something else. So I asked about 21309 he said they originally had 4,000 back orders in the US and 11,000 in Europe. All US back orders have been filled and most of Europes have been filled. He didn't know when it would be back on US SAH but said August 1 for Europe.
Take it with a grain of salt as its "a LEGO employee told me" but that's the first i have heard that they are still filling back orders.

Well I can speak for certain, that my order placed on the 15th has STILL not shipped from US SAH.

I took a chance on the Target stock this morning, got shipping confirmation.  I only want the set for my collection. my only concern is it may be a return or the box will be badly damaged.  Since it is for personal build box condition is not super important but I still like them nice.

Edited by xxgatorzxx
typo

I took a chance on the Target stock this morning, got shipping confirmation.  I only want the set for my collection. my only concern is it may be a return or the box will be badly damaged.  Since it is for personal build box condition is not super important but I still like them nice.

I doubt they had 100 returns come in this morning. There were 99 available (at least).
  • Like 3

Re EU market:

I've had a set on backorder to ship to the UK since June 2nd that was originally supposed to be fulfilled mid-June. LEGO CS said it should ship July 20th:

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We anticipate that the item you inquired about, set 21309 LEGO® NASA Apollo Saturn V, will ship on 07/20/2017. Please note that all back order dates are subject to change.

Occasionally, items are out of stock making it necessary for us to place part of an order on a backorder status. In stock items are shipped immediately and backordered items are shipped as quickly as possible as they become available. Shipping charges quoted when orders are placed are divided over all shipments needed to complete order.

Please accept our apology for the backordered delay, and our assurance that you have not been billed for the item(s). We received pre-authorization to bill your credit card at the time you submitted your order, but billing never occurs until the product ships. It's so awesome to hear it's a gift for a rocket scientist, I hope they enjoy it!

We want to make sure we're doing a good job for you, so you’ll always find the link to a four-question survey in our emails. Please tell us how we did today:

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Kind regards,

Dakota

LEGO® Service

Edited by mizeur

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V