Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

I haven't posted much in the last year but I have to agree with Legosteve. People seem to post for the sake of posting, myself included. I decided to only post on the forums if I felt I was actually contributing some value and I quickly realized that others were fulfilling that task at higher quality than I could.
With that said, leave some of these in stock long enough so I can get one at retail for my kid .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, speedsausage said:

I haven't posted much in the last year but I have to agree with Legosteve. People seem to post for the sake of posting, myself included. I decided to only post on the forums if I felt I was actually contributing some value and I quickly realized that others were fulfilling that task at higher quality than I could.
With that said, leave some of these in stock long enough so I can get one at retail for my kid emoji12.png.

yeah but there is only one speedsausage and you've been missed!

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Shewie said:

the other building is the place where he is hoarding 999 Friend's party buses from Tesco from 3 for 2 promo 17GBP each.

LOL, they were £8 each and I sold for £16 each.

51 minutes ago, speedsausage said:

With that said, leave some of these in stock long enough so I can get one at retail for my kid emoji12.png.

Come on man, you have to have corn dog connections???

Guest TabbyBoy

Just got a friend at John Lewis to snag one from me with a discount. She'll bring it round on Monday ;-)

I'll reply later with seal code.

23 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Arrived today from SAH. Disappointed with the box condition. Build it or send it back? Am I being fussy?

BTW seal code is 12S7

If its for building I would not send it back, might be a little while before you get a replacement. Once it becomes second hand I doubt that ding on the box would be much of an issue to a buyer, would not be for me but I am easy going on box condition if I am building the set! Most of my sales on ebay are damaged boxes I dont want to risk sending to Amazon and I only drop them a couple of quid from what I would expect a pristine to go for on there and not had an issue yet.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kumas said:

lol, almost all boxes look like that, dont exaggerate

Maybe from TRU, Argos or occasionally Tesco, but I've always had mint boxes from SAH in the past. I had one exception when I had a damaged Kanan's Speeder Bike. Lego sent me another one and told me to keep the original for free. Somehow I don't expect I will be keeping the NASA rocket if a new one comes! 

I think I'll end up building it (when the toddlers are asleep). 

Edited by Villager Chris

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, Villager Chris said:

Arrived today from SAH. Disappointed with the box condition. Build it or send it back? Am I being fussy?

BTW seal code is 12S7

Not at all, send it back!

I'd be very nervous when selling it on eBay UK as our buyers are extremely fussy and you risk a return or demand for a big discount. You'll have to list it as a damaged box and show this photo in the listing. If you have bought it to resell, I'd send it back if I were you as you WILL take a hit on the resale price. I had huge problems with anal buyers in the UK and ended up blocking them. It's a shame that buyers are more interested in the sodding box than the contents, it really annoys me!

However, I've got a discounted one (20% off via staff) on the way from John Lewis and I'm building it regardless of box condition so I don't care.

Yes, we all know that there are grading companies out there to satisfy those anally demanding buyers that you really want to slap. A lot of UK buyers don't accept that a "mint" box has to be officially graded for it to be defined as MISB. I paid £250 to get my 10179 graded at 9.8 which meant I got £500 more for it. When I sold boxes in perfect condition, I simply stated "excellent retail condition" and never mint or MISB. All blemishes, even the tiniest dent, was photographed and described in the listing.

Sorry, but that's the way it is these days as competition is so bad.

Can't speak for UK, but in US I've sold hundreds of sets with worse boxes than that, both big and small. No buyer has blinked twice let alone complain, because if they pay any attention they know what they are getting. Just be up front about condition, include that photo if reselling, and if you run into one of these supposed scam buyers, fight it politely until the bitter end.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'd be very nervous when selling it on eBay UK as our buyers are extremely fussy. 

I agree in a general sense. Serious collectors of anything do like to have the very best examples. I have several Nintendo Game and Watches, and the boxes/inserts in the best condition are at least double the value. I wish they were sealed!

Edited by Villager Chris

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V