Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

1 hour ago, jbacunn said:

Lego did have to get permission but one would assume that once the permission is granted it is opened ended meaning that they could make the set as long as they wanted to. 

The reason why I think this set will have a 18 months or less run is the price. This set should be going between 180-$190 but it's not.  It would still be a best seller at that price too.  LEGO may eventually look at its ROI on this set and decide to give production room to another set.  I'd be very surprised if this set made it to the 50 year anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. 

Edited by LegoSteve

7 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

It's funny that anyone thinks TLG would be releasing sets that they aren't making sufficient margins on. I'd go the other way and say that sets like this show you how much they overcharge for most everything else. 

Very well said Mos_Eisley.  People need to stop and think that TLG is still making the profit it wants when a retailer discounts by 40 or 50%. Just because companies like Amazon are willing to work on 3 or 4% doesn't mean the manufacturer does. 

Those on this forum that know what base manufacturing costs are in relation to retail sales prices will be able to make an informed guess on the markups at play here.

sorry for offtopic, but it's extremely annoying that every time I switch the page of this thread warezz initial post is sticked and I have to spend literally few seconds scrolling throu to get to the right content on the page. Can I get rid of it somehow?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mizeur said:

Gone. I wonder if these are returns being processed.

I can't understand why people would return this set. It is just so good.

3 hours ago, LegoBro said:

Beware on the amazon stock. Just received 2. 3rd party stickers and boxes came out with a lot of wear and tear.

Nevermind, this must be why.

They sell for exactly the same damaged as they do undamaged so not a great reason for return.  Not to mention a good 80% of them come damaged straight out of the case.   Little baffled how they are always compressed on one of the ends as the boxes are pretty sturdy and the cases have been in great shape.  

22 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

They sell for exactly the same damaged as they do undamaged so not a great reason for return.  Not to mention a good 80% of them come damaged straight out of the case.   Little baffled how they are always compressed on one of the ends as the boxes are pretty sturdy and the cases have been in great shape.  

This set I do believe it.  But I personally would not sell a damaged box unless I disclosed it to the buyer.  In my case, I expect some/most big boxes to come damaged from amazon.  They handle a gazillion packages.  No one cares about your perfect box there lol.  What troubles me is going into 3rd party stock and sending me that instead.  I don't know who the third party is and one of my boxes looks like the seals were taken off and placed back on. Reckon I'll open it up to check and advertise it as such and save my return lifelines for another day.

I've just found this: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-nasa-apollo-saturn-v-21309-in-production-through-2018/
Do you belive that they will produce it until the end of 2018

Of course it will. How long did ghostbusters and other ones last that sold well? At least 12 months maybe 18. Anyone buying this today for investment is a fool. A quick flip..,sure. Been there done that :)

2 hours ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

Of course it will. How long did ghostbusters and other ones last that sold well? At least 12 months maybe 18. Anyone buying this today for investment is a fool. A quick flip..,sure. Been there done that :)

Well, I'm hoping they hurry up with the next batch! We want a couple Canvas Tote Bags, and there's nothing else to place 2-3 orders of $200 . :blum:

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V