Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

So, even when I ordered the Saturn V, it said it was backordered 30 days at least, I just got notification it's in the warehouse.  Extremely faster than I thought it was going to be.
I don't know if I'm some anomally, but I find it strange how when I placed the order, it was back ordered 30 days, and in fact a day later it's in the warehouse.  
So since I only order stuff like once a year online since I have a physical store near me, is this normal?  Also, I've never ordered something release day either.  So anyone else get this?

Happens all the time... under promise, over deliver.

I'll bet they have no difference in backorders placed if it says ships in 30 days or putting some random date as the ship by.

Except Christmas... they are very specific at that point because people won't order on Dec 1st if it says backordered 30 days.

On 6/2/2017 at 2:48 PM, exciter1 said:

"In the Shadow of the Moon" is on Amazon Prime, if you want something good to watch while building.

https://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Moon-David-McNab/dp/B01M9JJ1KU/

I don't get it. I've seen a million posts on Reddit of people watching some space related movie while building this set.

How on earth (pun intended) can you watch a movie while building a Lego set? You have to watch the manual, you have to search for bricks.... you can't watch a movie at the same time, right?

1 hour ago, BearCrash said:

I don't get it. I've seen a million posts on Reddit of people watching some space related movie while building this set.

How on earth (pun intended) can you watch a movie while building a Lego set? You have to watch the manual, you have to search for bricks.... you can't watch a movie at the same time, right?

Some people can, some people can't.  Yes, I feel sorry for you.

4 hours ago, BearCrash said:

Umm, background noise much?

1 hour ago, Klownicle said:

Umm, background noise much?

I get it if you want something in the background while building but that's not exactly watching a movie, is it?

Anyway, only the last bag to go. But my 10yo has forbidden me to continue without him so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to finish it :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BearCrash said:

I get it if you want something in the background while building but that's not exactly watching a movie, is it?

Anyway, only the last bag to go. But my 10yo has forbidden me to continue without him so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to finish it :)

I think your getting to much on the technicality of the word watch.  Lol.  But I'm with ya.  I haven't built mine yet.

I dont think the quick flip window will last much longer, I haven't even tried and its been available at Amazon and Toys R Us without looking.

5 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Some people can, some people can't.

Nobody can. Or more precisely: You cannot do two (cognitively damanding) things (properly) at the same time. Multi-tasking is a myth. Splitting up your attention between two or more tasks will always lead to inferior results for every task involved. For the best results, sequential execution is inevitable. However, this case is about building LEGO and watching a movie - so it doesn't really matter.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rodeogeorge said:

I say this all the time and the wife is never pleased to hear it.

To say it 100% correct: The "desirabilty" and the "reasonableness" of multi-tasking are myths. But there might be situations where you still have to do it if you like it or not. For example if you are threatened to be killed by a bear and a giant seahawk at the same time - sequential execution of the two tasks won't help in this case ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I hear both kids screaming at the same time, it doesn't mean I listen to either.

The skill of sensible prioritizing - one of the most underrated aspects of intelligence. Just as important as knowing what to do first, second, third and so on you also have to know what doesn't have to be done at all.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V