Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

33 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

cleaned up all LEGO stores in SoCAL, OOS since Sunday...

Same here, at least in San Diego. Both stores had none on the shelves when I went in over the weekend, but they had some in the back. New stock coming in this Wednesday is what the associate told me.

Guest TabbyBoy
18 hours ago, LahH001 said:

Saw plenty of them at the Leicester Square store in London this evening.

How many times around the block was the queue to get in?

Last few weeks that I've passed by there hasn't been any queue. The hype must be dying down. I always go to Shepards bush Westfield since staff are more informed and more polite.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm going to "Lester" Sq right now. I'll drop you the report about the current situation over there.

@LaH001 I like Westfield LS more than any other store in London, I know most of the staff and they are very much aware what's going on.

• Like 1

Few left

6 hours ago, LahH001 said:

Last few weeks that I've passed by there hasn't been any queue. The hype must be dying down. I always go to Shepards bush Westfield since staff are more informed and more polite.

Few left in Westfield, still in stock at Leicester Square, running out like hot cakes but still being restocked continuously.

I got super lucky over the weekend. Took a trip out to Orlando last Saturday and stopped by Disney Springs. It was pouring down rain so the crowds were lighter than usual. The rain must have kept the flippers away as there were 3 on the shelf when I got there at 5 in the evening. They mentioned they sold out the day before but got a special shipment that morning. Gifting this for fathers day!

• Like 1

Same here, at least in San Diego. Both stores had none on the shelves when I went in over the weekend, but they had some in the back. New stock coming in this Wednesday is what the associate told me.

For the lego store I'm 99% sure you are referring to, they get shipments Wednesday AND Friday

2 hours ago, brickolodon said:

Today is restock day in LEGO stores...at least in mine. Anybody can confirm restock in B&N?emoji101.png cause i am getting ready...8953961a4c4764efc5dfdb840a25c680.jpg

don't forget the mutton chops and shades for visits 2 and 7.

5939b12c67300_802923(1).thumb.jpg.2c69e3645460b2c7b40b5adb4b65e527.jpg

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, LegoSteve said:

And....here we go. Is it a nice set? Yes. Very nice! A decent price too. The problem with that is that almost everyone is going to be thinking the same thing: "Whoah! How can anyone not want this superb set?!?! This is going to go through the roof when it retires! I will pick up xx amount of them." Then, when it retires 3+ years later, it doesn't skyrocket and takes a long time to make it worth the while. It's the same thing that happens to nearly all the larger Lego sets. People stockpile too many of them and saturate the secondary market which destroys profit.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:03 PM, bigboy61 said:

And....here we go. Is it a nice set? Yes. Very nice! A decent price too. The problem with that is that almost everyone is going to be thinking the same thing: "Whoah! How can anyone not want this superb set?!?! This is going to go through the roof when it retires! I will pick up xx amount of them." Then, when it retires 3+ years later, it doesn't skyrocket and takes a long time to make it worth the while. It's the same thing that happens to nearly all the larger Lego sets. People stockpile too many of them and saturate the secondary market which destroys profit.

I appreciate the mention.  Everyone has a different business model.  I was buying R2D2's at $125 and flipping them for $350 and I wasn't waiting 3 years either.  While everybody was cashing out their 401k's to buy up Tumblers at MSRP, because that's what "the hoard" does, I stood on the sideline and bought up all the Imperial Hotels at $86 and have zero regrets.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LegoSteve said:

I appreciate the mention.  Everyone has a different business model.  I was buying R2D2's at $125 and flipping them for $350 and I wasn't waiting 3 years either.  While everybody was cashing out their 401k's to buy up Tumblers at MSRP, because that's what "the hoard" does, I stood on the sideline and bought up all the Imperial Hotels at $86 and have zero regrets.

It wasn't really directed  at you ;). I just saw the pictures and remembered  seeing huge piles of Lego sets before. I kind of get the feeling that a lot of other people are going to be piling up on these-especially since it's not $300+. I hope I am wrong though!

23 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

It wasn't really directed  at you ;). I just saw the pictures and remembered  seeing huge piles of Lego sets before. I kind of get the feeling that a lot of other people are going to be piling up on these-especially since it's not $300+. I hope I am wrong though!

lowest fba price is $298.95 and you can bet they are selling at that price.  you are $1.06 away from being objectively wrong by your own measure of $300.  lots of ways to play this game and for those that went deep on this set, congratulations on finding $100 printing machine.  unlesss this set is kept around for years like ecto-1, the smell of stacks of benjamins and buybots will keep this set OOS, certainly for the rest of the year.   no one else is going to be piling in as long as they are OOS at all retailers. and i have a feeling maybe 20 smart people got in on this one and cleared it out from target, walmart, tru, bn .  i was not one of the smart ones.

Edited by cladner

11 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

You do have a point about big sets not making as much as people think.  I like to remind people that the money is also made during the purchase not just the sell and it's difficult to get 30% off on $200+ sets.  I'm currently going much deeper on a small set that is not on the radar of "the hoard" and it should do 400% ROI rather quickly compared to and big set I currently have which wont perform as good.  I wasn't planning on buying any of these to be honest but after a few conversations with resellers with much deeper pockets than I, I decided to make a change to my buying schedule. Now my buying schedule is back to the original plan.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V