KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

So, I ordered 3x 50ct plastic cups during the 100% office supply deal a couple weeks ago for about ~$24. I'm on the max trial, and it said I saved $105 in shipping cost. That's a bit exaggerated, I thought.
Yesterday my order came, three large boxes arrived, 1000ct each.

Don't know what happened there. Double checked, clearly says 50 on the invoice.

Best thing was my wife has been desensitized by the constant flow of Kmart boxes. When I tried to explain it wasn't my fault, I didn't order 3000 plastic cups, she said, "oh, I thought you must've gotten a really good deal on them."
That's trust =)

• Like 4

So, I ordered 3x 50ct plastic cups during the 100% office supply deal a couple weeks ago for about ~$24. I'm on the max trial, and it said I saved $105 in shipping cost. That's a bit exaggerated, I thought.
Yesterday my order came, three large boxes arrived, 1000ct each.

Don't know what happened there. Double checked, clearly says 50 on the invoice.

Best thing was my wife has been desensitized by the constant flow of Kmart boxes. When I tried to explain it wasn't my fault, I didn't order 3000 plastic cups, she said, "oh, I thought you must've gotten a really good deal on them."
That's trust =)

They are good for Nerf targets and keggers.
  • Like 2

I have $826 points expiring on Sunday. Any suggestions on what to spend them on? I've already got tons of battle packs and I don't really see anything else that looks too decent. I'm okay with breaking even, though, as I've gotten tons of free tools, office supplies, and clothing over the last few weeks.

10 minutes ago, Serejai said:

I have $826 points expiring on Sunday. Any suggestions on what to spend them on? I've already got tons of battle packs and I don't really see anything else that looks too decent. I'm okay with breaking even, though, as I've gotten tons of free tools, office supplies, and clothing over the last few weeks.

Using the $10 off coupons, you can get the Mystery Mansion for $75.49 each. 

You can get the Technic: Formula Off-Roader down to $38.75 and City: VIP Airplane down to $35 using the $5 off $35 coupon.

Everything else below $35 you'll have to combo up to use coupons.

On 10/11/2016 at 1:39 PM, Phil B said:

Finished a 30 min call with 3 different departments, ending with another support ticket being sent to their web support IT group. Haven't heard anything from the first ticket yet, which was sent Sunday evening. They always tell me I can order via phone, and that my account is fine. But even from their end they cannot reset my password, which seems to be the issue that's underlying my SYW woes.

I'm still logged in to SYW.com, and it shows my measly 94 points.

They would have told me if my account was banned, plus it would have been really weird, as I am by no means a big Kmart/Sears spender (at least compared with some of the hauls others have reported). Didn't even do the office supplies/clothes etc. 100% points back promos.

I heard indirectly from a supervisor that they are having multiple complaints about this and working on them. So to me this looks like something corrupted somewhere, and some accounts are foobar. I'm just hoping to hear back from someone on how to get back in :-/

So ..... account login still foobar. But it keeps raining coupons, surprise points and other emails in my inbox. Today I got a $3 surprise points on $3+ purchase message so I thought I'd give it a go, plus both the Sand and the Green baseplate are back in stock ($7.59 and $7.99 respectively). Of course still no login, so was chatting with a customer agent who was going to place the order for me. As I was chatting, I opened up a new tab to check something else out at KMart.com and for some reason my browser autocompleted to "https://www.kmart.com/crsp/mx/checkout#/checkout". To my surprise this allowed me to checkout, showing all my coupons and points, without logging in.

Went on to do another purchase (needed a new leather key pouch and got a pair of Levi's) and got $27 back in points on a $72+tax purchase using the same checkout-page trick. I had a $5 off $50 coupon but it wouldn't apply, nor would entering the code from the mobile coupons page.

At least I've got a workaround now :) Still waiting for my order confirmation emails though ....

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

So ..... account login still foobar. But it keeps raining coupons, surprise points and other emails in my inbox. Today I got a $3 surprise points on $3+ purchase message so I thought I'd give it a go, plus both the Sand and the Green baseplate are back in stock ($7.59 and $7.99 respectively). Of course still no login, so was chatting with a customer agent who was going to place the order for me. As I was chatting, I opened up a new tab to check something else out at KMart.com and for some reason my browser autocompleted to "https://www.kmart.com/crsp/mx/checkout#/checkout". To my surprise this allowed me to checkout, showing all my coupons and points, without logging in.

Went on to do another purchase (needed a new leather key pouch and got a pair of Levi's) and got $27 back in points on a $72+tax purchase using the same checkout-page trick. I had a $5 off $50 coupon but it wouldn't apply, nor would entering the code from the mobile coupons page.

At least I've got a workaround now :) Still waiting for my order confirmation emails though ....

I haven't received any order or shipped emails for several weeks.  Dozens of orders, but no emails.  I get the coupons though. :)

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I haven't received any order or shipped emails for several weeks.  Dozens of orders, but no emails.  I get the coupons though. :)

I think my coupon didn't work because of the 100% points back offer on the pants. Tried a different cart and could apply coupon even with the current 10% back in points promo for members. Also showed a $8 in surprise points offer on toys (I believe $60+ purchase required). Net, my account is working, I just cannot log in online.

10 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

I got texted a code for $10 off any purchase of $25, plus just got $3 in surprise points as well.

Any suggestions on what to get?

I got that yesterday as well and used it.  I would suggest buying something that should be retiring at the end of this year and is already discounted.  There are plenty of options.

Hmmm .... this was my $4.50 baseplate after surprise points:

Click here if you need your full order details

We are reviewing your information from your order #<snip> placed on Thu, Oct 13, 2016.

An associate may get in touch with you to confirm some of your order details.

Once we have confirmed your information, we will notify you and begin processing your order.

We're very sorry for this inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience.

Thank you again for shopping with us,
Your Kmart Team

EDIT: Pants order also "under review". Not looking good. Time for a new SYW account.

Edited by Phil B

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Hmmm .... this was my $4.50 baseplate after surprise points:

EDIT: Pants order also "under review". Not looking good. Time for a new SYW account.

This keeps getting weirder. I _did_ get the review call from SYW, and after reviewing some info, both orders got processed. So I'm not banned. My account login is just foobar. Only problem: knowledgeable people are nowhere to be found. Got 1 email back from the IT department asking me to clear cookies and use a different browser (which I had already done). Replied but nothing else yet.

Sounds like I need to use up my points and create a new account, because otherwise nothing is going to happen.

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

This keeps getting weirder. I _did_ get the review call from SYW, and after reviewing some info, both orders got processed. So I'm not banned. My account login is just foobar. Only problem: knowledgeable people are nowhere to be found. Got 1 email back from the IT department asking me to clear cookies and use a different browser (which I had already done). Replied but nothing else yet.

Sounds like I need to use up my points and create a new account, because otherwise nothing is going to happen.

I had to contact them this morning because I placed an order last night for six shirts. I don't know what they did, but they split that one transaction up into 9 different charges to my debit card, all completely random numbers; 14 cents, 37 cents, 2.04, 8.17, etc. This set off my fraud protection and five of the transactions were cancelled. This resulted in them cancelling all but one of my shirts.

Problem is they were BOGO 50% off, and $20 back when you spend $20... so my total was $41 and I was getting $40 back in points. Because of their absolutely stupid method of charging I was sent one shirt for full price and no points back. I told them I wanted it corrected or I was just going to return the shirt. The response I got...

"Thank you for your understanding. Sometimes products go out of stock because people from all over the country can purchase through Sears.com. Does this resolve your issue?"

First off, I ordered from Kmart... and secondly, my issue had nothing to do with out of stock! I explained again that they set off fraud alerts and asked them to recharge the card with one single transaction, then got told by the same rep that "Points may take up to 24 hours to show up in your account". I hung up at that point; it's not worth the hassle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil B said:

I had problems using the 10 off $25 text coupon.
Placed order, loaded coupon, picked shipping, then just before I went to the pay page, I had to log-in. Because I am already signed on when I go to Kmart.com 
But it just kept reloading, didn't say incorrect or anything, just wouldn't move past that page. Is that the problem you are having?

My solution, I was using Chrome. I've had other issues with Chrome, especially on BL.
So I went to Firefox. Since I seldom use it, I had to log on to Kmart immediately. My items were still in cart, then I checked out no problem.

My issue was some kind of cookie mismanagement. 

5 hours ago, Phil B said:

and all just to order pants

On 10/13/2016 at 9:51 AM, exciter1 said:

That's a good one. I was texted that one yesterday.

On 10/13/2016 at 9:44 AM, MinifigW said:

I got texted a code for $10 off any purchase of $25, plus just got $3 in surprise points as well.

Any suggestions on what to get?

Interesting....what do i need to do to sign up and get these text messages ???  $10 off $ 25 would be really useful today. looking at a tree house that is $27. Thank you in advance for any Help =)

9 minutes ago, Fleck said:

Interesting....what do i need to do to sign up and get these text messages ???  $10 off $ 25 would be really useful today. looking at a tree house that is $27. Thank you in advance for any Help =)

Clear your cookies and load up KMart.com.  A pop-up should appear to sign-up for special deals, apply via text.  Also, I think you can sign up for text alerts in the KMart app.

Okay, this is a complaint and a what LEGO did you buy today and a KMart post three-for-one, but since I've been rambling on about my KMart account issues here, I'm going to post it here:

Had $27 in points to spend on my broken KMart account. Wanted to get 5 baseplates and use a $5 off $35 coupon, plus my usual free ship to Sears store. Since I had cleared my cookies in a futile attempt to get past the account issues, I couldn't use my "skip to checkout" trick I used before. Tried the chat first. Rep tried to be helpful but a) couldn't get the coupon to apply (first with vague excuses about it being an online only coupon (it wasn't), then an excuse about the items already being reduced in price (true, but never an issue before with those coupons)), and b ) told me it could only be sent to a KMart store (closest is a one hour drive each way).

So I gave KMart/Sears CS a call. Very helpful lady got me past my coupon problem (she got it to apply without issues in the first try) but again told me I could only ship to KMart, or pay $6.50 to get it shipped to my house. Told her to go check it out online, and yes, she could see that KMart.com allows me to pick up at Sears. Several "hold on while I check with my manager" delays later, she tells me there's nothing she can do. I tried to get my Shipping Fee waived, and she consulted again with manager. We're now 45 minutes into a phonecall. Finally she could give me 6500 points for a future purchase to compensate for shipping. Since my account is foobar I told her that made no sense for me. Asked her if she could apply them to this order, and she obliged. So net, free shipping.

Final result: 5 baseplates for $7.44 total after tax. And wasted 1hr15mins (alright, I did manage to do some work during the quiet moments of the call). I have now set up another account and will no longer use the broken account.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Clear your cookies and load up KMart.com.  A pop-up should appear to sign-up for special deals, apply via text.  Also, I think you can sign up for text alerts in the KMart app.

Come on 10 off 25 coupon !!! sure hope they send the text to me today =) crossing fingers =)

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:30 AM, Phil B said:

I am able to log back in to my account (Thanks Al Jubran of SYWR Tech Support!), but I haven't placed a order.  Hopefully it won't go through the review process when I do.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, legogregors said:

Was the levis jeans deal targeted or does a coupon need to be loaded in SYW or Kmart?

I could only get the bonus point offers to work on the following pairs of Levi's, and only on the mobile site.Most of the sizes for the straight leg jeans are sold out. Anyways, SYW is fricken weird. 

http://www.kmart.com/signature-by-levi-strauss-co-men-s-505-regular/p-046VA91444112P

http://www.kmart.com/signature-by-levi-strauss-co-men-s-straight-leg/p-046VA66722412P?plpSellerId=Kmart&prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2