KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

The employees at my Sears are getting a little grouchy over my baseplate orders though - saying things like "you are here 3x a week" and "what do you need all this LEGO for" and opening my boxes and just handing me the baseplates (probably because I hand them the box most of the time since I'm swimming in them at home and carrying in a box is bound to raise the ire of the missus). Perhaps time to find another pickup location. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

The employees at my Sears are getting a little grouchy over my baseplate orders though - saying things like "you are here 3x a week" and "what do you need all this LEGO for" and opening my boxes and just handing me the baseplates (probably because I hand them the box most of the time since I'm swimming in them at home and carrying in a box is bound to raise the ire of the missus). Perhaps time to find another pickup location. 

Save some LEGOS for the children

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

"Doing my part to keep you in business."

• Like 3

I have 2 sweaters I bought for the wife to earn points. She does not like the way they fit and wants to exchange them for different garments. I have already used all the points. Will they let her exchange them for different garments ??  Has anyone had experience with this ? What happened ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fleck said:

I have 2 sweaters I bought for the wife to earn points. She does not like the way they fit and wants to exchange them for different garments. I have already used all the points. Will they let her exchange them for different garments ??  Has anyone had experience with this ? What happened ?

Your points will go negative and that is a hard hole to dig out of since you need to use points to make points.  She can try an exchange no receipt.

6 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Your points will go negative and that is a hard hole to dig out of since you need to use points to make points.  She can try an exchange no receipt.

It's not too bad when you exchange for the same item (never lost points).  It might be different if you're exchanging for different items.

33 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

Anything decent Lego on sale online at Kmart??  I am seeing a lot of out of stock issues this am. 

I've had trouble here recently with only being able to order one of each item.  A few items would allow me to add multiples to a cart, but many items are one only. I hope they fix that.

56 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

Anything decent Lego on sale online at Kmart??  I am seeing a lot of out of stock issues this am. 

Vacation Getaway for $49.40

Fun in the Park for $31.99

Corner Deli for $29.99

.... to name a few. All this before coupons (there are 5% off, $5 off $50, $15 back on $60 and $20 back on $60 coupons out there, some are generic, others by subscription only) and surprise points.

Of course this is assuming their site works properly - having trouble applying a 5% off coupon with Surprise points currently (never was a problem before) and now suddenly KMart keeps on asking me to sign in. SYW.com is fine, but doesn't show me KMart coupons (only Sears) and the 5% off is a KMart.com coupon.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, nloneknight said:

Today when I pay Kmart order using gift card, the points back coupon seems was wiped out, but it will show up if I pay by credit card. Is this a new rule on SYW? Anyone has the same issue?

I've seen a few people complaining of this, but I haven't experienced it yet.  Maybe it's a new type of coupon?

Stopped in to return some bag smashed stuff today and they called out 90% off summer toys by the customer service desk.  I left with all kinds of sand toys, paddle balls, horseshoes, Star Wars lightsaber diving sticks, water balloon 3-man sling shots, squirter tubes, all for like $1.85.  Some they were taking 90% off $0.10.

• Like 5

My occasional instant sweeps wins are usually in denominations of 250, 500, and 750. I've never won 1000 or 2000 but somehow I've seen these pop up on my account randomly. Has this happened to any of you, and if yes, do you know what these points are for?

11 minutes ago, The Rookie said:

My occasional instant sweeps wins are usually in denominations of 250, 500, and 750. I've never won 1000 or 2000 but somehow I've seen these pop up on my account randomly. Has this happened to any of you, and if yes, do you know what these points are for?

Yes, they are for BUYING MORE LEGO.

5 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I thought about doing that...but didn't feel like paying $5 for a base plate when I was paying $1.50 earlier this week.

My baseplate purchases are averaging around $4 each. I know LUGBULK can get them to you for less, but not (yet) part of a LUG. I was looking for the $5.75 baseplates, but that deal was only valid yesterday it seems and now prices went back up to RRP+$1 (this morning) and RRP (after 12pm EST today). All other small sets are either not available for store pickup at all, or not available for store pickup in a Sears (I no longer have any KMarts within a 30 mile drive), or "Temporarily Unavailable". I could have gotten a Water Dragon for $11 and change, but I have enough stocking stuffers for the kids for the next 5 years stuck in a closet already :). So baseplates it is. If I don't use them, I can always sell them on BL for $5 a piece and make a dollar.

2 minutes ago, The Rookie said:

That's eventually where those points will land, but why does SYW load your account with these random points?

Typically some sort of a promo that you didn't know was running, for which the points "get credited in 3-5 days". I've had this happen with 10k point promos in the past.

• Like 3