KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

2 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

Anyone else notice their surprise points get adjusted down when applying a gift card?  I don't remember that happening before. Could be just a glitch since weird things happen all the time during checkout with this site.

For some reason isn't working. I don't know if it's intentional or simply a glitch working on their favor. I tried several scenarios like using a $5 gift card from a $59 sub total leaving me above the $50 treshold for the points and didn't worked. What I can do is redeem my points without any problems. Sucks because I wanted to get rid of a couple of gift cards.

For some reason isn't working. I don't know if it's intentional or simply a glitch working on their favor. I tried several scenarios like using a $5 gift card from a $59 sub total leaving me above the $50 treshold for the points and didn't worked. What I can do is redeem my points without any problems. Sucks because I wanted to get rid of a couple of gift cards.

I have same problem since I got the Max, which is also when I started stacking a lot of points. But others have complained about that issue too. I'm stuck with some gift cards.

56 minutes ago, sunkenbrick said:

After adding the gift card and seeing the bonus point offers disappear, try going to the review order page. I've seen The points back magically reapply after going to that page.

2 minutes ago, Fleck said:

I only get $16.30 for 3

Earn more

• OFFERBASE
  • Members get 10% back in points with Lego Star Wars Hoth Attack, Droid Excape or Obi-Wan JediValid through November 19, 2016 11:59 PM CST
  • To track the VIP downgrade and upgrade 2016
  • Members get $5 in points on qualifying purchases of $50 or more with Sears Card at Kmart. Points to be awarded the next day and valid until 1/28/2017. Instore and Online.
  • Members get $3 in points when you spend $15 to $24.99 OR get $5 in points on $25-$49.99, OR get $10 in points on $50 and over in Toys at Kmart. Points valid for 7 days. INSTORE and ONLINEValid through November 19, 2016 11:59 PM CST
  • Get an instant $3 in Surprise Points (3,000 points) when making a Sears or Kmart purchase and redeem any amount of your current pointsValid through November 14, 2016 11:59 PM CST
  • 2% in points for SYW Max Members

Points earned will be added to your Shop Your Way account and can be used on your next purchase.

12 minutes ago, Fleck said:

I only get $16.30 for 3

I see $21.30 back in points for 3 Droid Escapes (at $20.99 each)  (for those who count points earned towards cost of item, that makes this $13.89 per set, otherwise it's just $20.99)

OR

$21.04 after applying a $5 off $50 coupon that somehow stacks with these offers ($12.31 per set with the above dubious accounting, otherwise $19.32 per set)

OR

$14.37 after partial paying with $8.67 in (surprise) points ($11.63 per set as per above, otherwise $16.43 per set)

13 minutes ago, Fleck said:

I can not get this offer to work

• Get an instant $3 in Surprise Points (3,000 points) when making a Sears or Kmart purchase and redeem any amount of your current pointsValid through November 14, 2016 11:59 PM CST

Welcome to KMart. I have a 15% surprise points coupon for getting to VIP Gold that I cannot get to apply. Always says "Not valid on this purchase" and when I take the code from the Coupons page and paste it into the "Add Coupon" field, it acts as if it is a $10 off $100 coupon.

5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Welcome to KMart. I have a 15% surprise points coupon for getting to VIP Gold that I cannot get to apply. Always says "Not valid on this purchase" and when I take the code from the Coupons page and paste it into the "Add Coupon" field, it acts as if it is a $10 off $100 coupon.

I had to call them. I was trying to buy a microwave and couldn't get it to apply either.  They said they'd note it on my account and apply it after it's picked up.

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I had to call them. I was trying to buy a microwave and couldn't get it to apply either.  They said they'd note it on my account and apply it after it's picked up.

Gets even better. Added 3 sets (total $56) to a cart on SYW.com. To my surprise it allowed me to use both a $5 off $50 and the 15% points back coupon. Total points back was $23 on a ~$50 purchase. Went to check out, and points magically reduced by $8 to $15 in the checkout screen (likely the coupon dropped) (and to $9 when I apply $8 in surprise points). After cancelling out of the checkout process, it doesn't allow me to add the coupon anymore, it pretends to be a $5 off $50 coupon.

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

Gets even better. Added 3 sets (total $56) to a cart on SYW.com. To my surprise it allowed me to use both a $5 off $50 and the 15% points back coupon. Total points back was $23 on a ~$50 purchase. Went to check out, and points magically reduced by $8 to $15 in the checkout screen (likely the coupon dropped) (and to $9 when I apply $8 in surprise points). After cancelling out of the checkout process, it doesn't allow me to add the coupon anymore, it pretends to be a $5 off $50 coupon.

I had some weirdness like that yesterday too.  Showed $27 in points back and then it would drop to $17 during checkout.  Exit out, and then it would be 17 again at the cart screen.  Random

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrickLegacy said:

I have no clue how I did it, but my checkout screen showed $40 in points back on 3 droid escapes.  I doubt I'll get all of these points but it was worth a shot.

1 hour ago, Fleck said:

I only get $16.30 for 3

was able to get 3 for $53 plus $28 in points.  had to split the order 2 for pickup + 1 shipped since stock was low at my store, not sure if that helps or hurts my points.

found a $10 off $50 so got it down to $53.

then for points back

coupon for $5 back on $50

$10 for $50 or more on toys (automatic)

10% back for the droid escapes 

another 10% back for general purchase (???)

then there was another 5% for store pickup

and a second 5% for store pick for vip platinium even though im only silver (notice the miss spelling of platinum???)

so yeah YMMV...  but im happy with these at $17.66 each so what ever points shake out is only a bonus.

51 minutes ago, Phil B said:

After clicking on some other things at SYW.com, I went back to my cart and the full $23 showed again. This time it stuck through checkout (although applying $8.67 in (surprise) points reduced the points credited to $16.50 but $16.50+$8.67 > $23 so I'm not complaining). So 3 sets for an average 36% off, plus $16.5 in points for FREE LEGO. Not bad.

Edited by Phil B