KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

11 minutes ago, Phil B said:

VIP Cyberdays: VIP Gold members get 10% extra points today and tomorrow (Nov 18/19). There's also a $10 back in points on $40+ purchases at KMart, plus early access to BF deals from 7pm EST - 1am EST on Nov 20th, including 10% extra points.

There goes my wallet!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Phil B said:

VIP Cyberdays: VIP Gold members get 10% extra points today and tomorrow (Nov 18/19). There's also a $10 back in points on $40+ purchases at KMart, plus early access to BF deals from 7pm EST - 1am EST on Nov 20th, including 10% extra points.

All of these deals (except the BF preview sale which somehow doesn't seem to carry toys) are using coupons - coupon codes will be in your mailbox. I've found it difficult to get the extra 10% off coupon to stick properly - had to reload it a few times already as I am playing around with carts.

Also discovered that sometimes you can get a coupon to apply if you keep on adding it using the coupon code, even if the first time it doesn't apply. Be warned however, adding the same coupon multiple times leads to all sorts of non-deterministic behavior on KMart.com, including applying a random different coupon, applying coupons without a "remove" option and other fun stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

It let's me add it to the cart as well, but it won't let me check out because its out of stock.

Change the quantity back to 1 and it is not out of stock. Been seeing this on KMart.com the last few days. I think it's their way of enforcing limit 1.

7 minutes ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

Mystery machine let me add 2 this morning :)

Did you order for shipping or for local store pickup?

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

I thought these VIP Cyberdays extra 10% can be used for multiple purchases up to $150... but looks like one time use.

Coupon is now loaded to your ShopYourWay account. Just shop online to get your 10% in points applied to each purchase. To redeem online select "Apply My Shop Your Way Coupons" at checkout.  You will receive points after completion of the transaction. Offer valid on regular and sale merchandise. Items must be marked sold by Sears or Kmart. Coupon code must be redeemed with every transaction made during valid dates in order to receive extra points. Not combinable with other coupon offers. Void if copied or transferred and where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud. Cash value 1/20 cent. In the event of a return, points may be deducted from your account. Sears Holdings reserves the right to terminate or modify this offer at any time for failure to comply with its terms and/or due to any operational malfunction of the software, hardware or equipment required to process this offer. Use of this coupon constitutes your acceptance of the Shop Your Way® terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms .

Edited by joch29

Came home from school and practice to seven packages from Kmart. All of the sets where in good condition except for one Obi Wan Jedi interceptor, which was completely pancaked. With surprise points I can technically get $37-38 off any purchase of $60+, so I may pick up some stuff at Kmart when I'm in the area this weekend (also to exchange for a non pancaked OWJI).

Has anyone noticed if those selected $25 SW sets are on sale in store? I keep getting emails about a $19.99 sale on those items, but they are $20.58+ online. 

Also noticed that I only have $1934 more to go to VIP silver. To be honest this is probably the most I've ever spent investing into Lego, as a high schooler I have never really had sufficient capital to invest in more that say three of each set. But with record sales for me I now have enough $ to both invest and save for the future. Lots of folks on here keep forecasting the end of Lego investing, the game may be changing but if you play it right in my view the future is bright.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Also noticed that I only have $1934 more to go to VIP silver. To be honest this is probably the most I've ever spent investing into Lego, as a high schooler I have never really had sufficient capital to invest in more that say three of each set. But with record sales for me I now have enough $ to both invest and save for the future. Lots of folks on here keep forecasting the end of Lego investing, the game may be changing but if you play it right in my view the future is bright.

Don't believe those numbers. KMart will promote you when they believe you're worthy (or so I tell myself). Check my post a couple of pages back - I spend $1.5k (pre discount) at KMart this year and got promoted to VIP Gold last week, even though the threshold for that level is waaay higher ($3.5k I believe).

EDIT: Perhaps they have a secret "# of transactions" criteria somewhere because I've been buying baseplates like a madman for $4 or less each :)

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Came home from school and practice to seven packages from Kmart. All of the sets where in good condition except for one Obi Wan Jedi interceptor, which was completely pancaked. With surprise points I can technically get $37-38 off any purchase of $60+, so I may pick up some stuff at Kmart when I'm in the area this weekend (also to exchange for a non pancaked OWJI).

Has anyone noticed if those selected $25 SW sets are on sale in store? I keep getting emails about a $19.99 sale on those items, but they are $20.58+ online. 

Prices differ online and in store.  It's almost always cheaper to buy something online for in store pickup than to actually buy it in store.

25 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

... Also noticed that I only have $1934 more to go to VIP silver. To be honest this is probably the most I've ever spent investing into Lego, as a high schooler I have never really had sufficient capital to invest in more that say three of each set.

Hey you young whipper snapper. Yes the $19.99 price for the three Star Wars sets are good in store and you get all of the same point bonuses in store as well. I've been using the $5 off $35 coupon to pick them up two at a time.

Edited by pete411
  • Like 1