KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

23 minutes ago, pete411 said:

They've also applied the Hot Buy tag on lots of sets which prevents you from using coupons on those items. You can still use surprise points and the $10 points back bonus still kicks in if your purchase is greater than $30.

I noticed the Hot Buy tag on a few items too.

15 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

I never knew the Hot Buy tag prevented ya from using coupons and other promo's. Of course now that I click "Hot Buy" it clearly says "HOT BUYS are special limited time offers priced too low to be used in conjunction with other offers or promotions.". Thanks for the heads up. This clears up some of the recent problems I've been having with coupons.

Yes, there's a thread from last year where we tracked non-Hot Buy items.  We've been lucky this year.

Hello everyone!

I have a decent coupon (expires tomorrow) that I wont be using, but hopefully someone will put good use to this one!

Members get 10% back in points on any purchase

Promo Code: 9820428286199178

Valid at Sears or Kmart, in-store and online, and at shopyourway.com with qualifying purchase. Exclusions Apply.
Maximum of $100 in points awarded per member, per transaction. Points earned from this coupon redemption must be used within 90 days. Purchase requirement is before taxes and after discounts. Not valid on Nicki Minaj or Adam Levine merchandise; BOGO; gift cards; non-merchandise; concessions; federal or state regulated items; alcohol; tobacco; fuel; items behind the pharmacy counter; prescriptions; prior and online purchases; partial-paid special order items; Scrubology; at Sears HomeTown, Outlet, Appliance Showroom, Hardware and Parts & Repair stores; or during Family & Friends or Member events. Redeemable at Sears, Kmart, kmart.com, and sears.com.

Please comment below if used.

50 minutes ago, Phil B said:

10% for Gold VIPs, and yes, got it and loaded the coupon (requires a coupon to be activated on your account).

Seeing some strange points back logic when I hit $100.  under $100 is showing $10 bonus + regular points.  over $100 is showing $30 + regular.  but when I apply the %15 on over $100 it only adds around $5.  So YMMV but check all your coupons for best deals.

just got $40 back on $100...

• Like 1

Anyone ever have issues with an order going through?  I ordered two sets last night.  No issue - went through.  

Today with more surprise points I am trying to order the same two sets again - different quantities.  Keep getting error message:

Hmm... that transaction didn't go through. It could be that your name, card number, CVV or billing address didn't match. You might check what you entered or choose another way to pay.

I'm using my saved card with saved billing address and the correct CVV.  I've tried entering a second card; get the same message.

Anyone else having issues?

Should I not order the same items two days in a row?

Any insights before I painfully have to call them?

3 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

Anyone ever have issues with an order going through?  I ordered two sets last night.  No issue - went through.  

Today with more surprise points I am trying to order the same two sets again - different quantities.  Keep getting error message:

Hmm... that transaction didn't go through. It could be that your name, card number, CVV or billing address didn't match. You might check what you entered or choose another way to pay.

I'm using my saved card with saved billing address and the correct CVV.  I've tried entering a second card; get the same message.

Anyone else having issues?

Should I not order the same items two days in a row?

Any insights before I painfully have to call them?

I would just try buying other items or reducing quantities. I also get errors which say "sorry, we don't ship this item to your state due to legal restrictions" - which isn't true. I just lower quantity or choose other items and there's no problem. It is true they have error code that says "sufficient quantities not available" or similar, but I think these messages are just Kmart/SYW being Kmart/SYW.

12 minutes ago, joch29 said:

sigh.. guess they got rid of the $10 off  $50 coupon.  I thought it would expire at the end of the day.. it was good while it lasted.  There's a new $5 off $50.

I was disappointed it's gone too. Hopefully it will reappear someday.  At least the $10 off $75 is still there most of the time.