KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

I have a 50,000 points back on a purchase of $175 or more. Arrived in an email today, expires today supposedly (SYW coupons that have expired still work for a while if you have the actual code)

This specific offer is fairly rare, and the coupon hawkers on Insta are selling them for $5 a pop.

I'm willing to give it away if someone actually will use it, any coupon exchange would be simply goodwill on your part. I'm looking for literally any other offer. $10-15 back on $10-40+ if possible.

PM me if your interested, if no one bites I will just post the code later tonight.

On 11/18/2016 at 11:36 AM, pete411 said:

Hey you young whipper snapper. Yes the $19.99 price for the three Star Wars sets are good in store and you get all of the same point bonuses in store as well. I've been using the $5 off $35 coupon to pick them up two at a time.

You wouldn't happen to have noticed when those deals expire in store? I'm heading to Kmart tomorrow and I know they reset on Sundays. I know the points back stuff expires today but I'm hoping the sale continues.

Interesting phenomenon for me today.
I picked out a set for $41 and a shopkin for $24 (gift).
$65 total, something like 25,000 back in points. Had 12k surprise points and saved points came out to 40k in points. Of course if I applied all 40k points my points back reduced ridiculously to like 4-5k.
So i decided to use a discounted gift card I bought a while back that I could never use because it always screwed up my point stacking.

I applied a $19.xx GC and my points back rose up to like 8k. That was interesting. I got more back after I added a GC. I decided to not use all my points and just get the Lego for more than 50% off, to see If I could get more back in points. So I dropped from 40k to 25k and my points back jumped up to 19090. I played around with it and 25k was the sweet spot. If I cashed in only 24k I'd get 18xxx back. If I cashed in 25500 I'd get 18xxx back. For some reason 25k gave me the most back.

So I got a haunted light house for $16 (and shopkins for $24). Received 19090 back for next time.

• Like 5

Ok. So I can no longer apply coupons or codes and no more surprise point offers are appearing for me.

I've chatted with CS online and I have spoken with several reps over the phone. They can't figure out why and have escalated my situation to their technical guys and promise it'll be resolved within 24-48 hours. It's been over a week now and I am getting nowhere.

I know some of you have had the same problems in the past, or similar problems. I'm curious as to how Kmart resolved the situation/What the problem was? 

On 11/18/2016 at 2:33 PM, Phil B said:
On 11/18/2016 at 2:11 PM, MinifigW said:

Also noticed that I only have $1934 more to go to VIP silver. To be honest this is probably the most I've ever spent investing into Lego, as a high schooler I have never really had sufficient capital to invest in more that say three of each set. But with record sales for me I now have enough $ to both invest and save for the future. Lots of folks on here keep forecasting the end of Lego investing, the game may be changing but if you play it right in my view the future is bright.

Don't believe those numbers. KMart will promote you when they believe you're worthy (or so I tell myself). Check my post a couple of pages back - I spend $1.5k (pre discount) at KMart this year and got promoted to VIP Gold last week, even though the threshold for that level is waaay higher ($3.5k I believe).

EDIT: Perhaps they have a secret "# of transactions" criteria somewhere because I've been buying baseplates like a madman for $4 or less each :)

Just posting this so you can see the weirdness of SYW Rewards:

Screenshot from 2016-11-21 08-02-01.png

I'm VIP Gold (just got awarded this status 2 weeks ago). My spending is about $1k BELOW the threshold for VIP Silver.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Just posting this so you can see the weirdness of SYW Rewards:

Screenshot from 2016-11-21 08-02-01.png

I'm VIP Gold (just got awarded this status 2 weeks ago). My spending is about $1k BELOW the threshold for VIP Silver.

kmart is a brickpicker and bumped you up a notch because of your blogging and admires you for attempting to corner the green baseplate market.

• Like 5

My account got loaded with a $10 off $20 and a $10 off $30 SP offers today! Probably will end up using them on Saturday to pick up some retired sets I've been eyeing, and maybe a few of those $5.99 city sets if there are any left. (If I recall correctly, that is three day deal)

Edited by MinifigW
Spelling error

28 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

My account got loaded with a $10 off $20 and a $10 off $30 SP offers today! Probably will end up using them on Saturday to pick up some retired sets I've been eyeing, and maybe a few of those $5.99 city sets if there are any left. (If I recall correctly, that was is three day deal)

I continue to hate you.

:P

• Like 2

All the points I've been earning this week seem to roll! I've been earning $10-15 on each purchase and they show up about 4 hours later and can be redeemed for more. Not going to complain on that one. The prices for a few items are just as good as the Amazon BOGO 40% or they're items that Amazon doesn't have on sale.