KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

10 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

For $10 it might be worth a phone call.  Let us know how easy / difficult it is.  I've never called them before.

Bummer.  Thanks for the heads up on this deal.  I should have burned through my points a little quicker.  I guess there will always be another Kmart giveaway ...

I called and got the $10 added back to my account.  Nice and easy. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

How did you happen to catch the point discrepancy? Watching your balance like a hawk or checking the order status page? I placed several orders so keeping track of the balance in my head (while redeeming a few pts here and there) wasn't really manageable. Most of my orders appear to be short when comparing email confirm to order history, including a couple from yesterday.

Edit: the reason I ask is because I'm not really sure if my pts are right or wrong. Did you have to send them your confirm emails or anything as backup to verify the correct pts per order?

Since my surprise promotion to VIP Gold last week, I now have access to a 100% back in points coupon. For the seasoned SYW vets out there, are those 100% points on top of any other points you might earn, or is it one or the other?

Right now I'm getting $15-$25 back in points on a $50 purchase. If I activate the 100% back coupon, will that give me $50 back, or $65-$75?

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Since my surprise promotion to VIP Gold last week, I now have access to a 100% back in points coupon. For the seasoned SYW vets out there, are those 100% points on top of any other points you might earn, or is it one or the other?

Right now I'm getting $15-$25 back in points on a $50 purchase. If I activate the 100% back coupon, will that give me $50 back, or $65-$75?

I've been able to stack the 100% back codes with other points back promotions.  What it shows is what you should get.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

I have not been able to apply that to my online orders.  I have no problem using them for store purchases though.  

It is 100% back on 1 item up to $50.  So you get $50 back for $60 item, but you only get $30 back if you use it to buy 2x $30 items

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I have not been able to apply that to my online orders.  I have no problem using them for store purchases though.  

It is 100% back on 1 item up to $50.  So you get $50 back for $60 item, but you only get $30 back if you use it to buy 2x $30 items

The "one item" rule is clearly spelled out on the coupon. The online-order not applying part is worrying me - I have no KMarts left in my area. Guess if it doesn't apply, I'll have to order over the phone.

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

The "one item" rule is clearly spelled out on the coupon. The online-order not applying part is worrying me - I have no KMarts left in my area. Guess if it doesn't apply, I'll have to order over the phone.

Oh I read your question wrongly.  The answer is like any other Kmart coupons combo, it depends on the temperament of their website / store POS when you check out. :D 

8 minutes ago, kiltyoneal said:

In case anybody missed these today ...

Wild Wins Wednesday
Hol1DayW1n
A-Wild-One

$2 Doorbuster  http://www.shopyourway.com/app/2/l/instantwin/500-wish-book-favorites/43017

Really lame WWW this week. Only won 400 points from 5 tries. Usually runs around 3000.

For some reason Doorbusters NEVER show up for me. I have only seen one Doorbuster in over a month playing sweeps (last weeks WWW)

Not sure what I have done to earn the wrath of the SYW gods. I hate to complain but it bugs me for some reason. Do you guys always see the Doorbuster tag? Is it just me or am I complaining about a common thing?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Not sure what I have done to earn the wrath of the SYW gods. I hate to complain but it bugs me for some reason. Do you guys always see the Doorbuster tag? Is it just me or am I complaining about a common thing?

You must have pissed off Eddie Lampert himself!  Do you see something like this on any of the doorbusters that others are getting?

TellItToMyBalls.jpg

• Like 1

Woke up to $10 surprise points on $15+, $3 on $3+ and $5 on $5+. Took me ages to get stuff purchased though, the websites tried throwing up all sorts of hurdles.

- KMart is back to giving me the annoying "Sign in" button in my points overview, effectively disallowing me to use points and selecting coupons (unless I paste in the code). Did manage to make it disappear after a while, not sure what I did (I think it was removing all of my coupons)

- KMart then proceeded to perma-stick a 5% off toys coupon in my "applied coupons" without a "remove" button, disallowing the use of surprise points. Had to go to SYW.

- SYW.com threw me in an infinite cart>proceed to checkout>login>cart>proceed to checkout>login>cart .... loop. Didn't figure out how to get out of it, but managed to make my purchase via Sears instead.

This company must be on its last legs now, and I almost feel sorry for them and hope someone puts them out of their misery soon. When I went to pick up last week's orders from Sears I noticed they had taken down the picture of the Store Manager from the usual place where it says "This store is managed by .... Contact me if you have questions". Also, they didn't manage to bring out my order within 5 mins - I was going to let it slide but the clerk told me he had slipped in a $5 off voucher as per their promise. Checked the voucher in the car (usual Sears in-store only coupon), expiration date 9/30/16. *Sigh*

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Woke up to $10 surprise points on $15+, $3 on $3+ and $5 on $5+. Took me ages to get stuff purchased though, the websites tried throwing up all sorts of hurdles.

- KMart is back to giving me the annoying "Sign in" button in my points overview, effectively disallowing me to use points and selecting coupons (unless I paste in the code). Did manage to make it disappear after a while, not sure what I did (I think it was removing all of my coupons)

- KMart then proceeded to perma-stick a 5% off toys coupon in my "applied coupons" without a "remove" button, disallowing the use of surprise points. Had to go to SYW.

- SYW.com threw me in an infinite cart>proceed to checkout>login>cart>proceed to checkout>login>cart .... loop. Didn't figure out how to get out of it, but managed to make my purchase via Sears instead.

This company must be on its last legs now, and I almost feel sorry for them and hope someone puts them out of their misery soon. When I went to pick up last week's orders from Sears I noticed they had taken down the picture of the Store Manager from the usual place where it says "This store is managed by .... Contact me if you have questions". Also, they didn't manage to bring out my order within 5 mins - I was going to let it slide but the clerk told me he had slipped in a $5 off voucher as per their promise. Checked the voucher in the car (usual Sears in-store only coupon), expiration date 9/30/16. *Sigh*

I got a $5 off of $30 and a $12 off of $60. Guess it's time to let some offers expire, the system keeps decreasing the % off. (to be fair, I did have a $4 off $30 last week, so this is a slight improvement. Not as good as the series of $8 off $30s I was getting two weeks ago)

As for Kmart and Sears, it seems to me that most of their problems can be traced back to poor management ( I could go into detail about my local store, but lets not go there)

I hope they hold on however. I still have 9500 SYW points to redeem :)

Just now, MinifigW said:

I got a $5 off of $30 and a $12 off of $60. Guess it's time to let some offers expire, the system keeps decreasing the % off. (to be fair, I did have a $4 off $30 last week, so this is a slight improvement. Not as good as the series of $8 off $30s I was getting two weeks ago)

As for Kmart and Sears, it seems to me that most of their problems can be traced back to poor management ( I could go into detail about my local store, but lets not go there)

I hope they hold on however. I still have 9500 SYW points to redeem :)

First rule of SYW: NEVER, EVER sit on points. Use them as soon as you get them.

• Like 2