KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Not sure if you guys are into this sort of thing.  I always keep a hefty stock of candy on-hand in my office for my engineers and technicians, so I stocked up yesterday at Wal-Mart at 50% off.  Well, today, KMart.com has a bunch of assorted 50-100-200 piece Halloween bags for pick-up and some for shipping at 50% off plus 100% back in points.  Here is a link to several that are marked clearance.

http://www.kmart.com/food-grocery-gum-candy/b-26396?offer=Clearance&filterList=offer

In for 3.   Errr 33, dollars that is.  Thanks exciter! 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2016 at 6:04 PM, nloneknight said:

Anyone has tried this kind of deal before? Did it work for buying Lego from target? sounds like too good to be true...

SYW30.png

just got this in a text http://vbs.cm/p1BdmO same 30% up to $50 through 11/4.  can not find anything in the fine print beyond the exclusion of kmart, sears, and other companies owned by them and a few services...

*Member offer of get 30% back in points (max award $50 back in points) on qualifying purchases, valid October 29th – November 4th, 2016. Limit one (1) offer per member. Points awarded after gift cards and discounts and before taxes and other fees are applied. Offer cannot be combined with other Shop Your Way promotions. Void if purchase is cancelled or returned. Initiate online through ShopYourWay.com, SYWEverywhere.com, or at participating in-store locations. Points may require up to 45 days to be awarded. Not valid for Sears, Kmart, Lands’ End, and the following partners: Energy Plus, LifeLock, Lingo, MetLife Defender, local restaurants, Sears licensed businesses, Sirva Home Benefits, and Sirva Mortgage. Offer valid for original recipient only. We reserve the right to cancel or modify the offer at any time in the even fraud, abuse, unintended virality, or if technical or other issues arise. By accepting Shop Your Way member benefits and offers, you agree to the Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms.

appears to include almost all retailers in the link.  as always YMMV, but if you fight them on it there is not much they can argue to deny the points.  plus target has 90 days return so...

Edited by jay4e

2 hours ago, lazuli16 said:

I spent $32 (Birthday season is coming up and a majority don't have halloween wrappers) and got back $36 in points. I really don't understand their business model.

Kmart is simply trying to get you to spend money in their stores. They already know they are going to take a loss on out of season candy, so why not make y'all come back within 14 days? I've started to slow down my spending at SYW, they keep sending me $10 back in points coupons, but the threshold gets bigger and bigger. That's how they get you hooked. 

I have noticed an intresting trend however, if your getting lousy SP offers or coupons, try letting them expire or simply don't load them to your account. This seems to trigger something in their system, and you probably will get a better offer next time. (Eg, I let a $4 off $35 and a $7 off $70 expire without even clicking on the email, yesterday I got an $8.00 off $30 and a $10 back on $20 coupon)

SYW is a great rewards program, but you gotta play the game so to speak. 

Just my thoughts, I know some of you veteran SYWers probably know this already.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Kmart is simply trying to get you to spend money in their stores. They already know they are going to take a loss on out of season candy, so why not make y'all come back within 14 days? I've started to slow down my spending at SYW, they keep sending me $10 back in points coupons, but the threshold gets bigger and bigger. That's how they get you hooked. 

I have noticed an intresting trend however, if your getting lousy SP offers or coupons, try letting them expire or simply don't load them to your account. This seems to trigger something in their system, and you probably will get a better offer next time. (Eg, I let a $4 off $35 and a $7 off $70 expire without even clicking on the email, yesterday I got an $8.00 off $30 and a $10 back on $20 coupon)

SYW is a great rewards program, but you gotta play the game so to speak. 

Just my thoughts, I know some of you veteran SYWers probably know this already.

I've noticed exactly the same. They hook you with good offers ($5 off $14+ for me for a while), then they slowly reduce them ($5 off $60 anyone?), but if you stop using them/loading them, after a while they reset their system and start you on the good stuff again ($3 off $3+ works great for me). Of course the "100% back in points" offers are independent of coupons/surprise points, however, if you don't watch out you end up buying stuff just because of the points, which is where they want you to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

I've noticed exactly the same. They hook you with good offers ($5 off $14+ for me for a while), then they slowly reduce them ($5 off $60 anyone?), but if you stop using them/loading them, after a while they reset their system and start you on the good stuff again ($3 off $3+ works great for me). Of course the "100% back in points" offers are independent of coupons/surprise points, however, if you don't watch out you end up buying stuff just because of the points, which is where they want you to be.

I am guilty of the latter for sure. Especially buying things that are just "to build". :-) But then again I just got about $400 worth of sets for $220 or so, so it is hard to pass up.

34 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

I am guilty of the latter for sure. Especially buying things that are just "to build". :-) But then again I just got about $400 worth of sets for $220 or so, so it is hard to pass up.

Same here.  The other day I wore my SYWR outfit (Graphic T-Shirt, undershirt, underwear, and jeans) all purchased because I got my money back in points.

Edited by lazuli16

Ended up winning 2250 points on my main account (won nothing on two tries) and 3000 points on my secondary account. Not bad if I do say so myself for 10 minutes of my time.

For some people there is a Doorbuster that is paying out 3000 points each (try looking up #syw on Instagram, there's a bunch of posts there), nothing for me sadly.

On 10/30/2016 at 6:04 PM, nloneknight said:

Anyone has tried this kind of deal before? Did it work for buying Lego from target? sounds like too good to be true...

SYW30.png

just got an email from syw confirming this, have not see these emails before...

TARGET TARGET
2016-11-02 $208.04 52,080 points
($52.08 in points)

EW for $208 + 52 back ill take it...

13 minutes ago, jay4e said:

just got an email from syw confirming this, have not see these emails before...

TARGET TARGET
2016-11-02 $208.04 52,080 points
($52.08 in points)

EW for $208 + 52 back ill take it...

Congrats !!! I am Still waiting on my $10 from 2 months ago !! 

10 minutes ago, Fleck said:

Congrats !!! I am Still waiting on my $10 from 2 months ago !! 

Don't wait, call with your documentation (screenshots of every step including the promotional page/voucher) in hand. If you don't have documentation, you likely are out of luck.

I'm no longer getting emails from SYW nor were sweeps points crediting. My mailbox got filled last week and a bunch of emails bounced, I figured that may have put me on a stop list so I called them and they confirmed my suspicions. They supposedly fixed it, and for a bit I was getting emails, but now everything's dry again and sweeps points aren't crediting again.

urrrrg.