KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

Hoping someone can help me with sharing their recent experience with these extra points deals showing up at Kmart/Sears/SYW...

Right now, if I add any combination of items totaling over $50, it says I will get $29.xx in points back. I have a spend $60, earn $25 in points coupon loaded in my account. When I add the coupon (with at least $60 in my cart), it says I will get $54.xx in points back. 

For those of you who have tried this, did you actually get all of those points? You may have used a different $-in points back coupon, but did you get the points from the coupon plus the bonus points?

Thank you in advance!

2 minutes ago, BrickMarket said:

Hoping someone can help me with sharing their recent experience with these extra points deals showing up at Kmart/Sears/SYW...

Right now, if I add any combination of items totaling over $50, it says I will get $29.xx in points back. I have a spend $60, earn $25 in points coupon loaded in my account. When I add the coupon (with at least $60 in my cart), it says I will get $54.xx in points back. 

For those of you who have tried this, did you actually get all of those points? You may have used a different $-in points back coupon, but did you get the points from the coupon plus the bonus points?

Thank you in advance!

Probably a 50/50 chance.  You'll most likely get the $29.xx points (at least) so probably worth a shot.

• Like 1

@teamhappyfrog - what happens when you click "proceed to check out" from your cart?  My account has been experiencing issues for the last few weeks and I'm trying to get it sorted out.  Right now when I proceed to check out I get the following error:

Something's gone wrong on our end and we can't complete this request right now. You can wait a few minutes and try again. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I can see the points in my account but I cannot apply them or any coupons to items in my cart or even complete the check out process.

@zskid00 I am not receiving any errors, when I go all the way through to the payment page the Shop You Way Points area that you can apply your points to the order displays nothing.  -- Talked to kmart support and it is some issue on their end.

@lazuli16 I am doing pick up in store

Also can anyone else get to: http://www.syweverywhere.com/winit this no longer brings the game up for me

Edited by teamhappyfrog

2 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

My supposedly $40 back yesterday only showed up as $30.  SWY hid behind the "it was an estimate only" phrase when I emailed them.  I will need to spend time calling them and set them straight :mad:

For $10 it might be worth a phone call.  Let us know how easy / difficult it is.  I've never called them before.

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Nope, it went away for me this morning.

Bummer.  Thanks for the heads up on this deal.  I should have burned through my points a little quicker.  I guess there will always be another Kmart giveaway ...

I just tried out my first Kmart order as I've been following this thread for a month or so.   Placed a $46 order.  Applied the $5 toys surprise points, and then for some reason it gave me $15 in bonus points to use on my next purchase.  When the total (minus $5 in points) went below $30 the bonus points went away.

75078 / 75088 / 75134 - SW Battle Packs for $10.69 each

41172 Elves Dragon - $14.11

$43.06 TOTAL (minus points) + $15.41 in bonus points

When do the bonus points hit your account?  I did print screen the order just in case.

Thank you to everyone - this has been a very helpful forum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

For $10 it might be worth a phone call.  Let us know how easy / difficult it is.  I've never called them before.

All of my phone calls with the SYW Rewards department have been very effective and hassle-free. As long as you have documentation (e.g. order confirmation page or email showing the points) you should be fine.

5 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

$43.06 TOTAL (minus points) + $15.41 in bonus points

When do the bonus points hit your account?  I did print screen the order just in case.

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave" - Welcome to the club.

Bonus points get credited (and expire) based on the terms of the coupon you used. Some credit same day, some credit 48-72hrs later, some credit a week or even a month later. They typically have a shortened validity date as well (e.g. a week or two weeks) and those expiration dates do show on your account points overview. Bit of a black box, but they should be available to you by next week in most cases. Just don't let them linger or they'll disappear.

12 minutes ago, redghostx said:

I don't understand how it worked but I picked up a Haunted Lighthouse and a Green baseplate for $55.75 after tax and $30.03 back in points.  I still see a lot of sets with $15-30 back in points.

That should be the subtitle of this thread .....

• Like 6

1 hour ago, redghostx said:

I don't understand how it worked but I picked up a Haunted Lighthouse and a Green baseplate for $55.75 after tax and $30.03 back in points.  I still see a lot of sets with $15-30 back in points.

huh......added the same combo to my account and only gives me 5 bucks in points back ??? What coupons are you using ? do you have the codes to share ?? =)

This is the only one I have  $10 off $50  

PROMO CODE:9700070778358074

6 minutes ago, Fleck said:

huh......added the same combo to my account and only gives me 5 bucks in points back ??? What coupons are you using ? do you have the codes to share ?? =)

This is the only one I have  $10 off $50  

PROMO CODE:9700070778358074

I didn't add any coupons or touch anything.

There was a $10 off of $50 coupon that I had applied from my old cart before I emptied it out that still worked and everything else showed up in the transaction as (view points details):

$3 in points for X purchase
$9 in points for X purchase
then 2% in points and some other form of $5 in points.

I never received an email about these points offers or activated anything and I really don't know how this one worked.

3 minutes ago, redghostx said:

I didn't add any coupons or touch anything.

There was a $10 off of $50 coupon that I had applied from my old cart before I emptied it out that still worked and everything else showed up in the transaction as (view points details):

$3 in points for X purchase
$9 in points for X purchase
then 2% in points and some other form of $5 in points.

I never received an email about these points offers or activated anything and I really don't know how this one worked.

Huh.... ??  Awesome !! Then Congrats are in order !!............. Congratulations =)

Well. I finally got some of my problems resolved, I was transferred 6 times, but it worked out in the end.

long story short, they eventually sent me to someone who actually had some power, and this is what she did for me.

7000 points added to my account (some for points that didn't refund from the cancellation, most as a curtesy)

She managed to get the gift card to apply to an order and still get me points back, so that was sweet.

Ended up with:

x1 Car and Caravan $14.11 (was: $19.99)

x1 Obi Wans Jedi star fighter $20.58 (was $24.99)

x1 Droid escape $20.99 (was $24.99)

- $19.00 in points (including the 7000 she added)

- $10 ($10 off $50)

-$11.11 on the gift card 

total OOP cost $25 (I paid $12 for the $25 gift card I used on the order that got partly canceled, so I paid around $6 for the $11.11 refund card)

Also got 7,500 points back and assurances that the order that was marked as "destroyed" was being investigated.

I have so so many orders coming in from Kmart that I can keep track of them all lol. Should be getting like 7 packages in the next few days.

Edited by MinifigW
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fleck said:

Huh.... ??  Awesome !! Then Congrats are in order !!............. Congratulations =)

I was just checking some more items out and I picked up a Vacation Getaway:

Retail $70US/90CDN
Kmart price $49.xx
Points back $26.96.

No coupons or any magic.  I suggest looking at some items to see if it offers a high dollar value in points on the product page because those have all been fairly accurate (for me) so far.

Don't use a gift card as it removed all of the magic.

**I hope that the affiliate links work when I pay with paypal**

Edited by redghostx

4 hours ago, teamhappyfrog said:

Also can anyone else get to: http://www.syweverywhere.com/winit this no longer brings the game up for me

That game got replaced by this one:  http://www.shopyourway.com/app/2/l/?p=wwyw

If you go through this link, you get an extra spin:  http://www.shopyourway.com/app/16250/l?lid=HERO_SYB_10000_SWEEPS&rioptype=LY&ruid=2013333&sid=IOx20161112SYRPRMSYLx01799110x2013333xLN2SANTLER&eml=290349190

I was able to win 250 points each day via the extra spin link.  A quarter!  Woo hoo!

• Like 1