KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

1 minute ago, lazuli16 said:

After seeing your screenshot, I decided to look at my status, and lo and behold I was/am silver now.  Only $450 more to go for gold.  ?

So does this mean I'll be Silver for all of 2017, or will I turn back into a pumpkin at the stroke of midnight on 1/1/2017?

That's actually a good question. I'm calling SYW about something else and will be sure to ask!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Final note on the SYW Rewards tiers. I think they changed their policy, just saw this screen. This explains my bump up to Gold - and proves that my suspicion on # of purchases was right:

Screenshot from 2016-11-21 13-39-22.png

Nevermind me, after seeing this, I think a new adimantium tier needs created.  I just got duped...

55 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

After seeing your screenshot, I decided to look at my status, and lo and behold I was/am silver now.  Only $450 more to go for gold.  1f3c5.png

So does this mean I'll be Silver for all of 2017, or will I turn back into a pumpkin at the stroke of midnight on 1/1/2017?

According to SYW support, it should carry over if you reach silver this year.

• Like 1

Just posting this so you can see the weirdness of SYW Rewards:
Screenshot from 2016-11-21 08-02-01.png
I'm VIP Gold (just got awarded this status 2 weeks ago). My spending is about $1k BELOW the threshold for VIP Silver.

Yeah. I got promoted to Silver the same time you went gold. I'm below $1000 in spending.

3 hours ago, Phil B said:

Final note on the SYW Rewards tiers. I think they changed their policy, just saw this screen. This explains my bump up to Gold - and proves that my suspicion on # of purchases was right:

Screenshot from 2016-11-21 13-39-22.png

this does explain the platinium bonus points i got the other day. it does not however, explain why platinum was spelt wrong. of course it was kmart so maybe thats just self explanatory...

Edited by jay4e

On 11/20/2016 at 2:52 PM, KvHulk said:

Ok. So I can no longer apply coupons or codes and no more surprise point offers are appearing for me.

I've chatted with CS online and I have spoken with several reps over the phone. They can't figure out why and have escalated my situation to their technical guys and promise it'll be resolved within 24-48 hours. It's been over a week now and I am getting nowhere.

I know some of you have had the same problems in the past, or similar problems. I'm curious as to how Kmart resolved the situation/What the problem was? 

Well couldn't get this issue resolved by Kmart so I placed an order anyway and used up $50 of points before they expired... And it seems to have reset my account.

Now I can apply coupons and I'm receiving offers again. Too bad they're $5 off $55 offers, which I'll let expire...

Hooray!

happy-dance-the-colbert-report-9352750-300-229.gif

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I got you

A big thank you Exciter for having the affiliate links in your signature.  It's easy for me to track you, or your brethren, down and click the links.

Due to Kmart changing the VIP system, I became a silver and almost gold, and I immediately used my 100% back in points.

Under the "who else but Kmart"

75919 I. Rex Breakout - $105.34
Use $50.36 in points
Earn $61.10 in points.
Cost - $59.xx out of pocket plus over $10 back in points.

Yeah... Kmart definitely made money on that sale.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, redghostx said:

A big thank you Exciter for having the affiliate links in your signature.  It's easy for me to track you, or your brethren, down and click the links.

Due to Kmart changing the VIP system, I became a silver and almost gold, and I immediately used my 100% back in points.

Under the "who else but Kmart"

75919 I. Rex Breakout - $105.34
Use $50.36 in points
Earn $61.10 in points.
Cost - $59.xx out of pocket plus over $10 back in points.

Yeah... Kmart definitely made money on that sale.

That's a hot deal.  I have two IRs coming from the sale the other day. I hope they show up not beat to smithereens.

Does anyone have any advice on getting missing points? I'm currently missing about 110,000 points and I can't even figure out where they went. I'm looking through my points history... nothing expired, and I was awarded proper points for all of my purchases... but randomly 10k here, 20k there seems to just disappear from my total. For example, I had 160k points last month so I spent them all on some LEGO sets. SYW is saying that put me at negative 30,000 points, but there is no indication of points being removed anywhere. The same thing happened 3-4 other times, where I am using points but SYW seems to think I never had those points in the first place so it's dropping me more and more negative. Just placed an order yesterday for 110k points and noticed that it only bumped me up to 16k because it started me off negative.

Seeing as the reward points history makes absolutely no sense at all and is missing information, I don't even know how to begin explaining this when I call them tomorrow.

For some weird reason, when you have points waiting to be applied to your account it shows them as a negative. I have had this conversation with customer service and they can't tell me why. In fact on their end it shows a normal balance. You may want to call and verify the points are going to appear. Good luck! 

28 minutes ago, Serejai said:

Does anyone have any advice on getting missing points? I'm currently missing about 110,000 points and I can't even figure out where they went. I'm looking through my points history... nothing expired, and I was awarded proper points for all of my purchases... but randomly 10k here, 20k there seems to just disappear from my total. For example, I had 160k points last month so I spent them all on some LEGO sets. SYW is saying that put me at negative 30,000 points, but there is no indication of points being removed anywhere. The same thing happened 3-4 other times, where I am using points but SYW seems to think I never had those points in the first place so it's dropping me more and more negative. Just placed an order yesterday for 110k points and noticed that it only bumped me up to 16k because it started me off negative.

Seeing as the reward points history makes absolutely no sense at all and is missing information, I don't even know how to begin explaining this when I call them tomorrow.

I would call them as soon as possible. Unlike Kmart and Sears customer service, SYW has been extremely helpful and polite. Try explaining it in detail to them, I'm sure they can figure it out for you.