KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

2 minutes ago, sunkenbrick said:

Has anyone seen the Lego Batman movie sets at kmart? I know they aren't in the website but they might be available at retail stores? All other retailers have received their sets so I don't know what to think about this one.

Haven't noticed them at the one Kmart I visited on Sunday. They usually are a little slower in getting new sets on the floor, the Lego section was already overflowing so I'm guessing in the next few weeks.

Keep sweep-ing folks. Someday you too can make it big in this town.
Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 4.00.57 PM.png

Love these SYW rewards. So far, the combination of KMart discounts, Surprise and Sweeps points have landed me five Resistance XWings at an average out of pocket cost of $38, an AT-ST at $20, and an Obi Jedi Interceptor at $12.75 (after tax). I know XWings are not the wisest of investments because of the constant remakes, but I just really like them and I figure at over 50% discount I can at least make my money back when I sell them. Or not?
  • Like 1

If you guys haven't downloaded the "Win it" app (by Sears) I highly suggest you do so. It's a almost guaranteed 400 points per day in as little as one minute. Point prices start at 200 all the way to 5000, with random "All prizes are $1" days sprinkled in between.

No need to do specific sweeps, you just add 10 items you want (Lego, of course) then spin each one once per day. I've tried it the last two weeks and ive noticed that it's almost guaranteed 2 wins per 10 spins. It's a lot quicker than sweeps too, if you immediately skip the adds you can be done with all 10 in a minute or two.

Nice easy way for some extra SYW points if y'all need em.

• Like 1

100% back in SYW points?  I have a newbie question here, so thank you for your patience - I couldn't find anything on this while searching the forum.

My local K-Mart had a few Lego sets marked with a white tag.  I was told by a manager that that tag means that the item is eligible for 100% back in SYW points.  I made my mini-arm sweep and bought what was there.  I also asked the checker about the white tags and he also told me that they were the 100% points back items.  I went home to look for my updated points total and it didn't move or it barely moved.  I called SYW and they said they didn't see anything on their end, likely since the transaction was only 2 hours ago, and that I should wait 24-48 hours.  My receipt says that I used a $10 coupon and a $3.50 coupon.  Could having active coupons affect the 100% points back deal?  Are there any other special rules around 100% back?  Like a maximum?  Or a maximum per transaction?  Thank you to anyone that can help.  If the deal is legit I can knock out a lot of Christmas shopping tonight since they had a whole rack full of toys with white tags!

Thanks!

100% back in SYW points?  I have a newbie question here, so thank you for your patience - I couldn't find anything on this while searching the forum.
My local K-Mart had a few Lego sets marked with a white tag.  I was told by a manager that that tag means that the item is eligible for 100% back in SYW points.  I made my mini-arm sweep and bought what was there.  I also asked the checker about the white tags and he also told me that they were the 100% points back items.  I went home to look for my updated points total and it didn't move or it barely moved.  I called SYW and they said they didn't see anything on their end, likely since the transaction was only 2 hours ago, and that I should wait 24-48 hours.  My receipt says that I used a $10 coupon and a $3.50 coupon.  Could having active coupons affect the 100% points back deal?  Are there any other special rules around 100% back?  Like a maximum?  Or a maximum per transaction?  Thank you to anyone that can help.  If the deal is legit I can knock out a lot of Christmas shopping tonight since they had a whole rack full of toys with white tags!
Thanks!

Sounds like the employees didn't have a clue. Never heard that one unless there's a big sign saying it, but the most I've seen posted in-store is 10% back. They pulled a fast one on you.

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Sounds like the employees didn't have a clue. Never heard that one unless there's a big sign saying it, but the most I've seen posted in-store is 10% back. They pulled a fast one on you.

Thanks.  I'll give it 48 hours and either collect points or make a return.  BTW, I just noticed that 100% points back worked on the Mac n Cheese I bought on a separate receipt. (total $5.98 => 60 base points + 5920 bonus points)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FM said:

Thanks!

I've been hearing about these "100% back in points" tags showing up at sears and Kmart. Thing is some of them have a limit of 1 offer per SYW member. It's possible that your arm sweep canceled out any bonus points earned. I would take a picture of the shelf tag and email it to [email protected] along with your receipt. They should be able to help you.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2016 at 10:06 AM, sunkenbrick said:

Has anyone seen the Lego Batman movie sets at kmart? I know they aren't in the website but they might be available at retail stores? All other retailers have received their sets so I don't know what to think about this one.

They are now in stock online and giving back some good points (~15%)

Stores should follow suit soon.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

The threshold was 11 and $800 yesterday. As soon as I get $800 it jumps through the roof. WTF Kmart.

Is anyone else seeing 11 and $800 still?

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 8.14.41 PM.png

I think you've been upgraded to Silver already, the system just hasn't fully updated yet :). Here's what I see:

Becoming a VIP

VIP status is achieved based on how much you shop in a calendar year. The more you shop, the more you can save, earn and enjoy as a VIP.

• To become a VIP Silver member: Make 11 purchases totalling $800 in a calendar year
  • To become a VIP Gold member: Make 20 purchases totalling $1,500 in a calendar year
  • To become a VIP Platinum member: Make 30 purchases totalling $2,000 in a calendar year

Your total shopping balance is evaluated each week, and if you qualify to become a VIP, or to move up a level, you’ll be notified by email within 14 days. You can also view your VIP status on the VIP homepage once you’ve logged in to your Shop Your Way account.

You must be 13 years of age or older and a resident of the United States (including Puerto Rico) or Mexico to enroll in the VIP program.

Note the "and if you qualify to become a VIP, or to move up a level, you’ll be notified by email within 14 days" part.
Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fleck said:

I did it when it was posted on hip2save......sorry to hear...was hoping to get some members here $3 extra to their accounts by posting this.

Judging by the comments on SD people are getting the 3000 points while others aren't. I don't know why that is but it's worth trying to see either way.