KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

WWW was a DB again for me at 10pm EST. EDIT: Looks like either $2.5 or $3 (I played 3 times and won 250 points each time, but now my points total has grown by $3, so something got added, not sure if the $3 is just the DB or partially some sweeps winnings).

Edited by Phil B

Actually, after selling Land's End and Craftsman, I get the feeling they are acting like a reseller with too much Chima: They're now parting out their inventory :) This news did inspire me to convert my recent Sweeps winnings to more LEGO though. Hopefully Sears is still open by the time I need to pick it up next week.

In other news: Sears was one of the accused in a new lawsuit accusing several companies of falsely increasing RRP prices online to make sale pricing look more attractive: http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/09/pf/price-scheme-jcpenney-kohls-sears-macys/index.html?iid=EL

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lazuli16 said:

The death spiral continues.  They are selling the Craftsman brand to Black and Decker for $1B.   I hope Black and Decker used surprise points. 

Wow, a whole section of the store will be closed.  End of an era...

Every time I go in our Sears store I can still vision video game row, with an Atari 2600, Intellivision, and ColecoVision all lined up in a row with several kids waiting in line to battle.  They had a nice toy section too.

Image result for sears video game aisle

• Like 4

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Wow, a whole section of the store will be closed.  End of an era...

Every time I go in our Sears store I can still vision video game row, with an Atari 2600, Intellivision, and ColecoVision all lined up in a row with several kids waiting in line to battle.  They had a nice toy section too.

Image result for sears video game aisle

This pic very well could have been taken yesterday at my local Kmart.

I cannot remember ever walking into a more decrepit retail establishment.  It was raining and buckets were everywhere catching steady streams of water.  Ironically, the buckets were for sale $4.99 each with 100% back in points.  

I do owe you guys a big thank you for introducing me to SYW/sweeps/etc.  Won 2x 10,000 and 3x 5,000 via sweeps and another 28K ordering smart sense necessities I needed anyway.  I have a 41095 Emma's House coming that was $3.12 after applying points.  Now I just wait & see how they shipped the box.

One of my KMart stores started closing today.  I stopped there real quick on a coffee run and it's 25% off across the board for toys.  I picked up some retired Elves and Juniors Family Houses.  A nice surprise was that I could use the mobile coupons and points.  I was able to break up the transactions and use $10 off $50 coupons and get a gas coupon for each transaction.  I'll probably stop there a few times this weekend.  I can get the Emma's Houses that are left down to $42 each.

• Like 3

SYW and $5000 Raise GC Limit - I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed, but one of my biscuit wheels on the SYW/Raise GC gravy train went off the track today.  I talked to a SYW supervisor and asked if there was a limit to the Raise deal.  She said yes, $5000 lifetime per account.  At that point Raise just stops sending the info to SYW and your 8% in SYw points goes away.  I took a look at my spending on Raise and I'm over the limit by a few hundred.  Oh well, I'll take the 8% of $5000, spend it on KMart Lego deals before the company goes belly up, and go look for the next GC deal.

Edited by FM
  • Like 3

Anybody else have some points go missing today? My point balance this morning does not match my current point balance - about $30+ missing - and no, I didn't spend them. I know, don't hoard your SYW points, but I've been saving up some hoping more of the Rogue One sets make it back to the website to add to my personal collection.  

Looking at the past 6 months of points balance is wonky - it shows that I had a negative balance for a lot of the fall that just isn't true. Looking at my points history in 2016 view, it shows that I had a certain number on December 31, 2016 (which is accurate). Then, when I look at it in 2017 view, on January 1st 2017 I kick off with a negative balance. I didn't have any points set to expire today to my knowledge, I try to keep pretty good track of that. 

Anyway, I put in an email and have found SYW customer service to be pretty helpful in the past, but thought I'd see if this was unique for me or a system issue. 

16 minutes ago, legorunner said:

Anybody else have some points go missing today? My point balance this morning does not match my current point balance

Are you expecting some points to post to your account soon? I've had similar issues in the past where I think points are missing and when I looked back at my points history I would see where the balance was negative at times (which never happens for me), then it all gets cleared up once points are posted to my account. Just a thought, but I wouldn't hesitate contacting their support folks to resolve the issue if it persists...

• Like 1