KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

As best as I can tell... the item pull-down in the cart is showing $3 off 30 and $10 off $50 on everything.  And these are not coupons that I have loaded.  Naturally, the only surprise point deal I "have" is a $10 off 70 coupon, but it isn't showing up at checkout : P 

Untitled2.png

On the home screen they're advertising 50% back in points on furniture purchases. But many things, like bookcases, are on sale. But it looks like it gives back points on the original price, or maybe some of the other deals like the white sale are stacking. Either way, many items are giving 75+% points back.

Does say $100 limit, but I just bought a $200 desk and got 140,000 points back. I'll keep ya updated.

And 2 chairs for $80 with 72k points back.

Free shipping
  • Like 2

On 1/11/2017 at 10:35 PM, MinifigW said:

FREE $5

1. Download Fount app by SYW

2. Sign up with your SYW email

3. Enter "GIFT15" in promo code area

4. Confirm your account by email.

5,000 points will be added to your account (instantly for me)

If you spend $25 on the app you will also get a $10 (10,000 point) bonus within 2 weeks.

Credit to my PS for the tip.

signed up and got the $5 in points  x9...  wonder if they will notice...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I've learned to screenshot everything.  From my final order summary:

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 3.27.10 PM.png

So it showed up at the end.  Made sure I have documentation, though.  The points were showing up in the cart, too.

So, update to this.  One of the two items I had in my order was cancelled.  (The item with the $10 back in points was not the item cancelled).  However, the points are not showing up, even tho the one item has shipped.  Looks like I'll be contacting CS to get my points (I hope).

Visited my liquidating store this morning.  Lots of inventory.  Toys at 25% off.  Since prices are above RRP, the discount is not attractive at all, especially compared to the deals before Christmas.  Did not have any retired sets outside of a few lackluster Ninjago and overpriced Scooby Doo (no Myst. Mach.).

I did buy one transaction of Smart Sense items only, which ranged from 10-25% off clearance pricing.  My total cash outlay was $130.61.  (I applied no points.)  A coupon was applied automatically for $10 off. And then it said I earned 50,000 Bonus Points.

So why did I only earn $50 in bonus points when my whole cart was full of smart sense?  Is there indeed a cap?  (I remember debate about this last week.)  And how soon do the points hit my account after an instore purchase?

Paid - $130.61 (23.4% off in total)

Clearance Savings - $29.95 (17.5% off per item)

Coupon - $10 (5.8%)

I guess this is why I only shop SYW online - too easy to have something go awry without knowing why. 

• Like 1

Visited my liquidating store this morning.  Lots of inventory.  Toys at 25% off.  Since prices are above RRP, the discount is not attractive at all, especially compared to the deals before Christmas.  Did not have any retired sets outside of a few lackluster Ninjago and overpriced Scooby Doo (no Myst. Mach.).
I did buy one transaction of Smart Sense items only, which ranged from 10-25% off clearance pricing.  My total cash outlay was $130.61.  (I applied no points.)  A coupon was applied automatically for $10 off. And then it said I earned 50,000 Bonus Points.
So why did I only earn $50 in bonus points when my whole cart was full of smart sense?  Is there indeed a cap?  (I remember debate about this last week.)  And how soon do the points hit my account after an instore purchase?
Coupon - $10 (5.8%)
I guess this is why I only shop SYW online - too easy to have something go awry without knowing why. 

From what I read on Slickdeals, the $100 cap is in place now. The points appear to show up about 24 hours later, on the nose.
  • Like 1

Not LEGO related, but my kids needed new sleeping bags for a sleepover. Bought some boy/girl colored ones at *Bleep*'s Sporting Goods but even after washing them 5x they still reek, so had to find proper cotton lined ones. Stumbled upon the Coleman Green Valley sleeping bag on sale at KMart/Sears for $34 and change. Played around a little bit between the three sites (Sears.com, KMart.com and SYW.com) but got the following to work both on SYW and Sears:

2x $34 for the sleeping bags (similar price as it sells for on Amazon.com)

$10 off $50 coupon (9700073570204686 or 9700073575450545 or whatever code the "Go Elfin' Wild $10 off $50 Kmart" coupon gives you at http://shc.cpn2c.co/RecomService/web/bE3R )

$8 in surprise points that somehow appeared on my account for use at Sears only, didn't seem to have a minimum spend, and applied together with the coupon

Total out the door: $50 (that's $25 per bag, 45% off MSRP)

But here comes the kicker:

Screenshot from 2017-01-16 12-38-04.png

I see more free LEGO in my future ....

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

On 1/14/2017 at 8:25 AM, trstnkn said:

Coupon - $10 (5.8%)

Someone posted a picture of some new signage in the SS section at Kmart. There is now a 50,000 point cap per member. :(

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Can't get Gr8NewYr to work ... keeps on resetting the game (DB right now) without messages...

The same just happened to me. Sharing it to (my bogus) twitter did the same. Eventually I signed out and signed back in and the "Did you win" button allowed me to play twice. We'll see if I got the Doorbuster or not... 

1 hour ago, river41 said:

per transaction or in total?

Total as far as I can tell.

3 hours ago, Phil B said:

Can't get Gr8NewYr to work ... keeps on resetting the game (DB right now) without messages...

Some people have been reporting this issue. Sweeps is down currently so they are probably working on it.

1 hour ago, TacoCat said:

Came home to this today from Kmart. My last 3 Lego orders from them have all shipped in bags. My undershirts, however, are receiving the utmost respect.20170118_175408.jpg

Finally got some of my smaller sets shipped in a box today. Too bad the UPS guy dropkicked one side of it. As you could probably guess, more smashed boxes. Thanks UPS.

repost from the shelving thread.  seems to fit here as well.

these may not be the best for lego storage but Kmart has a crazy deal going on for SYW point mongers.  home items are $20 back in points on $50, plus 50% back in points on furniture.  the cosco shelve qualifies as furniture (unlike most other storage shelving).

http://www.kmart.com/cosco-home-and-office-products-4'-black-folding/p-021V002644190000P

$70 for the rack, with $54 back in points.  and that is before any SYW magic.  with SYW coupons and points I have ordered two one for $50 with $52 back and another for $50 with $47 back.

works on the 3' also if you want to combine them

http://www.kmart.com/cosco-home-and-office-products-3'-black-folding/p-021V002644183000P

Edited by jay4e
  • Like 7