KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

FREE $5

1. Download Fount app by SYW

2. Sign up with your SYW email

3. Enter "GIFT15" in promo code area

4. Confirm your account by email.

5,000 points will be added to your account (instantly for me)

If you spend $25 on the app you will also get a $10 (10,000 point) bonus within 2 weeks.

Credit to my PS for the tip.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

What's that word? Initiation? Am I SYW-er now too? Got my sets in a bag :) image.jpg

Welcome to the club bud. Expect to be standing in line at your local Kmart once or twice a month now. Keep the packing slip and you can exchange for pristine boxes in store.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MinifigW said:

Welcome to the club bud. Expect to be standing in line at your local Kmart once or twice a month now. Keep the packing slip and you can exchange for pristine boxes in store.

That's why I only do pickup at my local Sears (ship to store). Everything arrives pristine. Oh, and the fact that I don't have a local KMart anymore. Just makes the selection very small (only ~10% of the available sets ships to Sears).

Just saw that the closest KMT to me is closing, and the liquidation has started.  I usually only play the points game online.  Any tips out there for capitalizing on store closings?

Liquidation signs just popped up but store doesn't close until April.

Edited by trstnkn

31 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

Just saw that the closest KMT to me is closing, and the liquidation has started.  I usually only play the points game online.  Any tips out there for capitalizing on store closings?

Stack mobile coupons found in the main post.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

My local Kmart is closing too, and its my first one so I've been trying to find an angle as well.  Here's my $.02.  Others with more experience please guide us:)

* Week 1 all toys were 25% off.  The morning of day 1 you might be able to find retired/hard-to-find sets at 25% off.  At my store they were stocking the shelves with new sets too.

* Bring & max your coupons.  A lot of them work even though they say right on them that clearance items are exempt.

* I'm not 100% sure on this, BUT... Pay with GC/cash or GC/cash + points.  If you spend just points, the paper coupons for future deals do not appear.  Make sure you tell the cashier emphatically that you DON'T want to spend your points.  My last two trips I said multiple times that I want to spend $20 points and put the rest on a GC.  Both times they said "Your stuff is free!"  and screwed me.  I talked to the CS person there and said that since the system is in clearance mode all sales are final and they can't back out the transaction.

* I talked to my store manager to try to buy them out of LEGO, and he said that he can't do anything on pricing in the store, because when they go into liquidation, the outside liquidator company takes over all store pricing... Which means that its likely that all of our local stores closings will be handled similar to one another (slow weekly markdowns over 8-10 weeks).

* Talk to employees in the department and try to learn what days they'll be marking down toys and show up when the store opens on that day.  For the store below it was always Thursdays.  This is from exciter last year in this forum.

I plagiarized this from another forum.  Some KMarts ship out their stuff to other stores, others get clearance stuff shipped to them and liquidated.

A final update for the Lancaster, Ohio (43130) Store:  Toys were reduced to 60% off on Thursday (May 12th).  I stopped in this morning (Saturday, May 14th).  The only Lego sets left, not including Chima blister packs, were about ten #70725 Ninjago Mech Dragons.

Here's a week-by-week summary of the listed toy discounts for the store and my inventory notes (YMMV for other store's liquidation sales):

• Week 01 (March 10th): 20% Off
  • Week 02 (March 17th): 25% Off - Lego sets slightly picked over, but still almost a full selection
  • Week 03 (March 24th): 30% Off
  • Week 04 (March 31st): 30% Off - Note: Easter was March 27th
  • Week 05 (April 7th): 30% Off
  • Week 06 (April 14th): 40% Off - Still plenty of Lego sets, though some themes/sub-themes were depleted (e.g., Super Heroes were almost all gone, Star Wars was gone, Disney Princesses, most 2016 sets) or at least somewhat picked over (City, larger Creator sets, Friends, Elves). But, if you're just looking for parts packs, there was still a very decent selection.
  • Week 07 (April 21st): 50% Off
  • Week 08 (April 28th): 50% Off
  • Week 09 (May 5th): 50% Off
  • Week 10 (May 12th): 60% Off - Lego sets almost all gone
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

I'm sure others have had different experiences with how long stock lasts, but in my experience this summer, the good stuff was gone pretty quickly once it hit 30% off. By the time it hit 40% there wasn't much left, especially if you wanted boxes that were, you know, sealed. I grabbed a Master Wu's Dragon and the only intact City set they had left, and that was the first day it hit 40%. As @exciter1just posted, I would use coupons and any points you have to go on and grab any sets that you are eying sooner than later, especially, as @FM just noted, its retired / retiring. 

• Like 1

Not sure what is triggering it, but I'm finding some LEGO sets are getting a $10 in points back.
So far I've found it applied to:
City Fun at the Park
TLBM Batmobile
Clayface
Scarecrow Harvest
SW Resistance X-Wing
Pig City Teardown
Lighthouse Siege
FFotDB
Tiger Widow Island

I think it's a glitch. I saw that the AT-TE is supposedly giving $10 in points as well. When you add it to cart the points don't appear. I checked the offerbase and "members get $10 back in points on $20 in apparel" is displayed.

Do any of those show points when added to cart?

2 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

I think it's a glitch. I saw that the AT-TE is supposedly giving $10 in points as well. When you add it to cart the points don't appear. I checked the offerbase and "members get $10 back in points on $20 in apparel" is displayed.

Do any of those show points when added to cart?

2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I've learned to screenshot everything.  From my final order summary:

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 3.27.10 PM.png

So it showed up at the end.  Made sure I have documentation, though.  The points were showing up in the cart, too.

I tried LEGO City Fun in the Park 60134.  On the search page it shows $30.99 + 310 points, on the cart and checkout pages it shows up at $27.99 + 280 points.  What set did you try?

1 minute ago, FM said:

I tried LEGO City Fun in the Park 60134.  On the search page it shows $30.99 + 310 points, on the cart and checkout pages it shows up at $27.99 + 280 points.  What set did you try?

Oh weird.  That's the set I ended up buying.  I noticed that it was cutting off the points if you tried to redeem any points.  Only when I added a second set (Joker Balloon Escape), did the $10 back stick.

Oh weird.  That's the set I ended up buying.  I noticed that it was cutting off the points if you tried to redeem any points.  Only when I added a second set (Joker Balloon Escape), did the $10 back stick.

I tried the same thing and it's showing nothing for me. Looks like they loaded an exclusive deal to your account. While back I got a $15 back on $60 loaded to my account that wasn't a coupon but an offer that worked with Lego.

Nice deal.