KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

1 minute ago, dman2900 said:

Bought a few sets from 2 of the closing stores for 25% off....

15940642_10207458592252623_5918832401276574573_n.jpg

Man. And they just stocked the closing stores too lol. Hope mine has some of the new sets next week (its not closing, but I have a good coupon)

Also, here is a coupon for whoever gets it first. 15% off a single toy, expires tonight. includes the Lego batman movie sets :)

Promo Code: 9820714087382414

Man. And they just stocked the closing stores too lol. Hope mine has some of the new sets next week (its not closing, but I have a good coupon)
Also, here is a coupon for whoever gets it first. 15% off a single toy, expires tonight. includes the Lego batman movie sets

Promo Code: 9820714087382414

Thank you sir. Got a Scarecrow Harvest of Fear coming to me now. Between your coupon and some points I had that were expiring, it got it down to about $22.
  • Like 4

THEY DO EXIST!   100% points back on Lego.  It took a 5-minute call to SYW, but I got points in my account yesterday.  The purchase was $17.96 before tax, then I got back $18 in points- So paying with GC I just paid tax (net cost ~$.40/set).  I have more of the same Friends sets and a sack of Mixels to call about next.  It's a lot of work for $60 in Lego at 90+% off, but I couldn't pass it up!

NON-LEGO, BUT USEFUL INFO...

Piecing together the 100% back puzzle I've heard that this program is going to be used more in the future as a way to burn old stock for items under $5 (these sets were $4.49 and EOL).  Most stores in my area have 2 kiosks with "100% points back" signs on them with vague language about limits.  They have a bunch of random stuff on them... plates, duct tape, toys, toiletries, Mac n Cheese (Kraft even!), canned food, candy bars, towels, etc. that are all 100% points back.  After a little trial and error we figured out that most items are limit 2, so we ran items through 2 at a time and maxed the coupons and GCs.  After 2 trips we banked close to $300 in "free" points.  So our net discount is about 105%... Basically its buy a bunch of household stuff, then spend the points on couponed Lego.  Oh yeah - since they don't tax points when you spend them it puts a few more % in your pocket.  In totally unrelated news our local Kmart announced its closing in March.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FM said:

THEY DO EXIST!   100% points back on Lego.  It took a 5-minute call to SYW, but I got points in my account yesterday.  The purchase was $17.96 before tax, then I got back $18 in points- So paying with GC I just paid tax (net cost ~$.40/set).  I have more of the same Friends sets and a sack of Mixels to call about next.  It's a lot of work for $60 in Lego at 90+% off, but I couldn't pass it up!

NON-LEGO, BUT USEFUL INFO...

Piecing together the 100% back puzzle I've heard that this program is going to be used more in the future as a way to burn old stock for items under $5 (these sets were $4.49 and EOL).  Most stores in my area have 2 kiosks with "100% points back" signs on them with vague language about limits.  They have a bunch of random stuff on them... plates, duct tape, toys, toiletries, Mac n Cheese (Kraft even!), canned food, candy bars, towels, etc. that are all 100% points back.  After a little trial and error we figured out that most items are limit 2, so we ran items through 2 at a time and maxed the coupons and GCs.  After 2 trips we banked close to $300 in "free" points.  So our net discount is about 105%... Basically its buy a bunch of household stuff, then spend the points on couponed Lego.  Oh yeah - since they don't tax points when you spend them it puts a few more % in your pocket.  In totally unrelated news our local Kmart announced its closing in March.

Not clear here - which promo gives 100% points back on LEGO? Is it that kiosk program that you mention below, and how do you know which LEGO sets qualify? Or did you just load up a cart full of small LEGO sets and tried them in pairs until you found the ones that get you 100% back in points?

17 hours ago, Phil B said:

Not clear here - which promo gives 100% points back on LEGO? Is it that kiosk program that you mention below, and how do you know which LEGO sets qualify? Or did you just load up a cart full of small LEGO sets and tried them in pairs until you found the ones that get you 100% back in points?

Sorry - I got too excited about this actually working and didn't attach the pics.  The Lego sets were in the Lego aisle with a 100% points back tag on the specific sets.

100s.jpg

• Like 4