KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

1 minute ago, Lordoflego said:

No matter what I do (trying to pay with gift cards, credit), this whole morning, this is all I get:

IMG_2523.PNG

I've gotten that before. It means that you have an invalid coupon code entered but it won't tell you that at checkout (I had a 10% back coupon do that once)

• Like 1

FYI the base prices at Kmart.com were left untouched today, but a lot of the points back were bumped up from 1% back to 10-15%+.  I used a "$20 in surprise points for spending $75" + dialed in point spend + discount GC for a few sets, netted 59% off $RRP pre-tax.

Droid Escape #75136 $20.58, get 3.20 in points RRP $24.99 (30%)
Doc Ock's Tentacle Trap #76059 $32.92, get $5.32 in points RRP $39.99 (31%)
Lakeside Lodge #31048 $21.16, get $3.21 in points RRP $29.99 (40%)
City People Pack #60134 $30.99, get $5.31 in points RRP $39.99 (36%)

Jumped onto the Kmart buying wagon a few weeks ago.  Had not yet purchased KMT gift cards at a discount.  Checked out Cardpool, Cardcash, and Raise.  I see that Raise has a $10 off $20 for new buyers, plus KMT cards discounted 6.5%.  I also remember reading that sometimes it benefits you to buy Sears gift cards because the Sears coupons then apply.

Any tricks/tips for a newbie with the gift cards?  I have delayed bonus points arriving on 1/1, so I thought I would stack further savings on top of them.

44 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

Jumped onto the Kmart buying wagon a few weeks ago.  Had not yet purchased KMT gift cards at a discount.  Checked out Cardpool, Cardcash, and Raise.  I see that Raise has a $10 off $20 for new buyers, plus KMT cards discounted 6.5%.  I also remember reading that sometimes it benefits you to buy Sears gift cards because the Sears coupons then apply.

Any tricks/tips for a newbie with the gift cards?  I have delayed bonus points arriving on 1/1, so I thought I would stack further savings on top of them.

DISCLAIMER: I have not bought any, but you should be able to buy GCs from Raise via SYW.com, and get one of the frequent promos they run (i.e. $10 back in points etc.). Check out the SYW news blasts every day, and you'll spot one sooner or later. Bit of a roulette because you do not get any confirmation of points, but I've heard others report that they show 2-3 weeks later.

3 hours ago, Phil B said:

DISCLAIMER: I have not bought any, but you should be able to buy GCs from Raise via SYW.com, and get one of the frequent promos they run (i.e. $10 back in points etc.). Check out the SYW news blasts every day, and you'll spot one sooner or later. Bit of a roulette because you do not get any confirmation of points, but I've heard others report that they show 2-3 weeks later.

I'm a newbie to this too, but what's been working for me most consistently in the past month is to go to shopyourway.com and search for a Kmart gift card, then click on the first one, even though the dollar amount is not what you want.  Click on "Buy from Seller" and you'll  be redirected to Raise.  Choose from several cards.  Today's top is 7% off.  7% off + 8% in SYW points  = 14.4% off.  I bought all my Christmas gift cards this way and most of these points showed up within a few hours, but I've heard sometimes it takes 6-8 weeks.

Thanks  MinifigW  for the headsup on this one.

• Like 4

Thanks, FM.  Just placed my first purchase.

$78.35 for $95 KMT Giftcard plus I should receive 8% back in points ($6.26).

Essentially, a total of 24% off.  (I used a paypal promo code for an extra $10 off the card.)

And taking earlier advice on the thread, I signed up for a personal shopper as well.

• Like 1

If you guys aren't using the "Win it" app, you are losing out. I got around $12 in points over the past two weeks. 

These are my recent SYW purchases:

x2 Super Heros 76053 $7.20 each. (Was: $19.99. 65% off)

x3 Van and Caravan $8.50 each. (Was: $19.99. 57% off)

x1 Carbon Freezing Chamber $12.00 each (Was: $24.99. 51% off)

x1 Fun in the park $19.00 (Was: $39.99. 53% off)

x2 Volcano truck $10.20 (Was: $24.99 59% off)

Good stuff

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Disappeared for me too.  Speaking of disappearing, one of my local KMart stores is shutting down by April. It's my best one too. :(

I noticed a big "Store Closing" banner on one of my Sears locations. Luckily this was one of those Sears "tool shed" stores with just a limited selection, but they had good stock levels on stack-ons when those were on sale for <$13. Didn't realize Sears Holdings was doing another round of closings.

16 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Disappeared for me too.  Speaking of disappearing, one of my local KMart stores is shutting down by April. It's my best one too. :(

Sadly, this is bound to happen with them destroying 1/4 of all their inventory, to inferior shipping practices.  Sorry to hear it though, guess it means there are more Americans loosing a job, and a brickpicker losing his honey hole. :thumbsd:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I noticed a big "Store Closing" banner on one of my Sears locations. Luckily this was one of those Sears "tool shed" stores with just a limited selection, but they had good stock levels on stack-ons when those were on sale for <$13. Didn't realize Sears Holdings was doing another round of closings.

That's not a good sign, holiday sales must have been down. They just keep closing underperforming stores, and pushing online sales more. I hope my local doesn't disappear, it's been golden for clearance deals. Good news is that it's always busy and has been appearently renovated slightly, its decor actually seems playful and getting slightly closer to Target (and miles ahead of my Walmarts)

sigh. I hope that they can at least survive as a online retailer with a decreased retail footprint. In my opinion that's their only chance at survival.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

That's not a good sign, holiday sales must have been down. They just keep closing underperforming stores, and pushing online sales more. I hope my local doesn't disappear, it's been golden for clearance deals. Good news is that it's always busy and has been appearently renovated slightly, its decor actually seems playful and getting slightly closer to Target (and miles ahead of my Walmarts)

sigh. I hope that they can at least survive as a online retailer with a decreased retail footprint. In my opinion that's their only chance at survival.

I seriously think there's no chance for them to survive, just slowly dying.  I'm not sure why they want to invest in new product and stay open?

10 hours ago, zskid00 said:

They have to be losing money with the Shop Your Way Rewards Program.  Just look at the ridiculous deals many of us here score on LEGO sets.  Not to mention all of those Slick Dealers online.

Yes, I think they sacrificed profit for the appearance of revenue a long time ago.  Now they want to keep the Wall Street bagholders from selling their stock long enough for Eddie Lampert to siphon off as much money as he can to his hedge fund.