KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Didn't someone here have an issue resetting their sears.com or Kmart.com account? I think they are maintained separately from shop your way.com accounts.
The crappy Kmart.com app wouldn't take my password this morning, so my account is now locked. I haven't received emails for months from Kmart.com or sears.com, only from SYWR.com.
Of course, now I can't unlock my account, because I can't receive my reset password email, brilliant. The CSR of course had to log the info and they'll contact me 24 hours later, blah blah blah.

Oh dear, the king of KMart has been locked out of his castle!

I had similar issues. Have you tried resetting via syw.com? The cookies are different, but the accounts are the same, same password. In the end it took me 2 weeks, 4 calls to CS, 3 escalated tickets and suddenly it worked. My suspicion remains that they updated their password policy (which they did) and my old password didn't comply, which created issues.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Didn't someone here have an issue resetting their sears.com or Kmart.com account? I think they are maintained separately from shop your way.com accounts.
The crappy Kmart.com app wouldn't take my password this morning, so my account is now locked. I haven't received emails for months from Kmart.com or sears.com, only from SYWR.com.
Of course, now I can't unlock my account, because I can't receive my reset password email, brilliant. The CSR of course had to log the info and they'll contact me 24 hours later, blah blah blah.

yep, after referring to IT dept, my account/ password magically worked again within 24 hrs...

FYI, be careful with Kmart... they seem to get their inventory from stores as well as warehouse,,,I got a set that was clearly taped up...and felt like it was almost completely empty.  I'm worried about the rest of my inventory from kmart that was not inspected that carefully.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, joch29 said:

yep, after referring to IT dept, my account/ password magically worked again within 24 hrs...

FYI, be careful with Kmart... they seem to get their inventory from stores as well as warehouse,,,I got a set that was clearly taped up...and felt like it was almost completely empty.  I'm worried about the rest of my inventory from kmart that was not inspected that carefully.

Yep, received a store-filled box with 4 sets in it, just thrown into it with shelf stickers still on the sets, no padding, nothing. Was very lucky that the only damage was a slight crease in one of the boxes - nothing I'm going to be bothering KMart CS with.

Does anyone else's SYW point totals look a little low today? Difficult to tell from the "My Points" page, but it looks like I might have finally gotten docked for some surprise points that applied to a previous order when they shouldn't have (because I used a coupon on the order). Anyone else notice something similar? I may call the friendly folks at SYW to see if I can get those points reinstated...

57 minutes ago, BrickMarket said:

Does anyone else's SYW point totals look a little low today? Difficult to tell from the "My Points" page, but it looks like I might have finally gotten docked for some surprise points that applied to a previous order when they shouldn't have (because I used a coupon on the order). Anyone else notice something similar? I may call the friendly folks at SYW to see if I can get those points reinstated...

Mine look a little low today as well, but that might be because I spent them all the last few days :)

• Like 1

blargh.  i got an Amex Sync offer for $10 back on a $50 purchase at Sears.com.  I thought I would be smart and order 2 Mystery Machines with surprise points and SYW points to hit the $50 and get back $20 in points and use the Amex Sync offer.  But then I see the charge still came in as Kmart, not Sears.  D'oh.  Thought it would charge as Sears since it went through their site.

Still not an awful deal for 2 more Mystery Machines but the $10 off woulda made it much sweeter.

On 11/28/2016 at 2:06 PM, BrickMarket said:

Does anyone else's SYW point totals look a little low today?

A quick follow up to my issue... I had made a $60-ish purchase earning ~$50 in points back and about $12 of those points back were earned using the 20% back in points special Kmart.com had running this past weekend. When I posted my question here, the 'My Points' page on SYW.com showed I was awarded all points from that purchase (including the $12 from the 20% back deal). However, those points were not to become active until today, so there was some sort of invisible deduction of those points in my account until this morning. Long story short, the system worked and gave me all the points I was quoted during the checkout process. However, I continue to be baffled by the points accounting system!

• Like 1

blargh.  i got an Amex Sync offer for $10 back on a $50 purchase at Sears.com.  I thought I would be smart and order 2 Mystery Machines with surprise points and SYW points to hit the $50 and get back $20 in points and use the Amex Sync offer.  But then I see the charge still came in as Kmart, not Sears.  D'oh.  Thought it would charge as Sears since it went through their site.
Still not an awful deal for 2 more Mystery Machines but the $10 off woulda made it much sweeter.

You can buy an e-gift card or reload a gift card from Sears, and it will come through as a Sears charge and qualify for this offer. If you buy a physical gift card from Sears, it is processed by Kmart.

1 minute ago, Fleck said:

"Check your email for a Sweeps Code" is all I received on the 3 tries I made ?? huh......

Same, I only tried once though. I at least got the 1000 points for the Doorbuster. Hoping it comes back as a Doorbuster again later in the day if they aren't going to actually award points. 

• Like 1

I only got 500 points from 1/3. Looking at the available prices the odds should be pretty good, so there might be a problem with sweeps. Keep an eye out for ghost points added to your account in 1-2 days.

Doorbusters don't usually repeat during the same day, but keep one try available until tonight if you can, you never really know when one might pop up.

36 minutes ago, FM said:

I got the Sweeps Code email. TRY2win   - Was worth 1000 points.

Used the above code and was rewarded with... "Check your email for a sweep code". lmao.

6 minutes ago, pete411 said:

They've also applied the Hot Buy tag on lots of sets which prevents you from using coupons on those items. You can still use surprise points and the $10 points back bonus still kicks in if your purchase is greater than $30.

I never knew the Hot Buy tag prevented ya from using coupons and other promo's. Of course now that I click "Hot Buy" it clearly says "HOT BUYS are special limited time offers priced too low to be used in conjunction with other offers or promotions.". Thanks for the heads up. This clears up some of the recent problems I've been having with coupons.