KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

1 hour ago, pete411 said:

As Exciter has already said, there's a way to use only some of your points. Next time, try taking your purchase up to customer service or get a supervisor involved. Your SYW game ups dramatically with using just enough points to stay above a coupon threshold and then receiving points back. 

Yes, I've been burnt a few times with cashiers not listening or who don't know how to do it and just send it through.  Most of the folks I check out with often put them through smoothly.

On 1/23/2017 at 4:40 PM, Lordoflego said:

Do you guys know what's usually in the mystery box that's free if you spend $50 at the store?

Random items, Mac and Cheese, chapstick, little tiny USB lamps, and the cookie on top is $5.00 in points.

2 hours ago, trstnkn said:

MinifigW - consider yourself lucky with your PS.  Mine doesn't do much at all.  Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions?  I get zero coupons and barely any help when I reach out.  I always reach out before I'm considering sets and I've hoarded points.  Nothing...

PM me. I can hook you up if you want.

2 hours ago, trstnkn said:

I mainly do my SYW shopping online, but I did check out a KMT near my kids' school today.  The cashier said she could only use all of my points rather than me giving her a certain amount.  As a result, I purchased an Elves Dragon Sanctuary (41178) for $2.25.  No complaints there.  My other KMT always allows me to dictate how many points to use?  She told me I could only dictate points online not instore.

Most cashiers have been pretty good about only using a certain amount of points. As Exciter1 said, its beneficial to ask for a supervisor.

• Like 1

Your SYW game ups dramatically with using just enough points to stay above a coupon threshold and then receiving points back. 

Could you or anyone else elaborate on this please?
Particularly: "using just enough points to stay above a coupon threshold and then receiving points back. "

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Cozei said:

Particularly: "using just enough points to stay above a coupon threshold and then receiving points back. "

Thanks.

If there is a "get $x back in points on a $y purchase" promo, you want to use just enough points to stay above $y.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cozei said:

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

If there is a "get $x back in points on a $y purchase" promo, you want to use just enough points to stay above $y.

Works the same online, if you want to experiment.

• Like 2

Awesome, thanks for clarifying.

I need to do a better job checking if I get these.
I guess I personally avoid buying non-Lego things to get points for Lego. Maybe I'll re-evaluate that.

Generally I just use the coupons online or via text that are $5 off $35, etc. and surprise points. Then play with the cart to see what is the best math for surprise points vs coupon (and points back listed).

1 minute ago, Cozei said:

Awesome, thanks for clarifying.

I need to do a better job checking if I get these.
I guess I personally avoid buying non-Lego things to get points for Lego. Maybe I'll re-evaluate that.

Generally I just use the coupons online or via text that are $5 off $35, etc. and surprise points. Then play with the cart to see what is the best math for surprise points vs coupon (and points back listed).

That's my strategy too. Don't forget to check the same items in a cart at Sears.com and SYW.com as well - sometimes they have promos that are better than KMart.com, even if the merchandise ultimately gets shipped by KMart. Don't ask why.

• Like 2

Has anyone been able to find what they want to buy on the Fount app? What a piece of hot garbage. I'm trying to buy some sets at Target or Walmart to get the $15 in points back but i keep getting a photo of a barista working at barnes and noble or a monkey.

I quickly deleted it after about 2 minutes
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Has anyone been able to find what they want to buy on the Fount app? What a piece of hot garbage. I'm trying to buy some sets at Target or Walmart to get the $15 in points back but i keep getting a photo of a barista working at barnes and noble or a monkey.

I was able to find that you can't get it for android, so while I missed out on $5, looks like I saved in the long run.

So my resistance x-wing (75149) just showed up in a bag, not a box.  And to add further insult to injury, the bag is too small, so they just sealed the bag to the Lego box.  Up until now my Legos have only arrived in shipping boxes.

There is no stock on this item within 50 miles.  The liquidating KMT near me "might" have one.  I could try to swap it out there tomorrow.  If that's a dead end, anyone have any other suggestions for plan B?

11 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

So my resistance x-wing (75149) just showed up in a bag, not a box.  And to add further insult to injury, the bag is too small, so they just sealed the bag to the Lego box.  Up until now my Legos have only arrived in shipping boxes.

There is no stock on this item within 50 miles.  The liquidating KMT near me "might" have one.  I could try to swap it out there tomorrow.  If that's a dead end, anyone have any other suggestions for plan B?

Return it

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pete411 said:

the app is pretty bad.  but you have to click the search in the bottom menu bar, then use the search bar at the top of that page.  and then you an use the refine to help clean that up.  

on the plus side it does auto load while scrolling so its not quite a bad as the kmart mobile site...  l

• Like 1

My lesson in Kmart math:

A = Star Wars First Order Transporter #75103 $79.99, earn $22.99 in points

B = Creator Lakeside Lodge #31048 $21.16, earn $2.11 in points

C = A + B = 2 sets $101.15, earn $25.10

BUT Kmart math (checkout) says

C = 2 sets $101.15, earn $49.16

Which works out to 59% off: $39.75 for 75103 and $13.25 for 31048 inc. tax.

Glitchy stuff. I got in one order, then the FOT went off the points back special :P

• Like 2