KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

My KMT had definitely added some inventory since last week.  Checkout lady mentioned that a man came in yesterday and bought 2 pallets of Legos to donate.

Main themes left were City, Ninjago, Star Wars and Nexo Knights.  Star Wars still had a lot of the buildable figures.  Ninjago had a little of everything; I know little about that theme so thanks for the feedback, Exciter1.  Nexo also still had a lot of everything $50 and under.  Lots of the figure battle suit packs.

Ended up with the following for $50 total outlay.  (Used points and somehow a $15 coupon also applied.)

Nexo Mecha Horse x 2 / Ninjago Master Wu Dragon x 2 / SW First Order Battle Pack x 1 / SW Resistance Troop Transporter x 1 

Still have points, so of course debating now if I need to go back...

2 hours ago, stackables said:

There is so many coupons I get that never work on lego sets.  I know everyone mentions hot buys but the coupons never have restrictions.  I mentioned before that I can't even get an associate discount to work.  That should work on everything. 

The associate discount no longer exists. They changed it to 15% back in points. The coupons may not have restrictions on Lego, but the sets you are attempting to use it on may. Kmart coupons are always YMMV, but it appears that it is usually the $ off coupons that work with Lego, not the % off ones.

30 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

The associate discount no longer exists. They changed it to 15% back in points. The coupons may not have restrictions on Lego, but the sets you are attempting to use it on may. Kmart coupons are always YMMV, but it appears that it is usually the $ off coupons that work with Lego, not the % off ones.

I get an associate discount on some lego items but not others.  I believe it doesn't work if the set is on sale.  One of the coupons I have been trying to use that I have had forever is $5 of 35 for any toy.  I have not been able to get it to work on any lego set.

5 hours ago, stackables said:

I get an associate discount on some lego items but not others.  I believe it doesn't work if the set is on sale.  One of the coupons I have been trying to use that I have had forever is $5 of 35 for any toy.  I have not been able to get it to work on any lego set.

Couple of "debugging" steps:

1. Try the same coupon with the same purchase on all three sites (syw.com, sears.com and kmart.com).

2. Try removing all coupons from your cart. Sometimes this is nearly impossible as you might have a coupon applied that doesn't show in the list of applied coupons, which trumps the other coupon you are trying to use.

I have used $5 off $35 successfully in the past, as well as the 5% off a single toy and the recent 15% off a single toy. It's just that they no longer stack with other coupons, so they are quite worthless unless you buy something big and/or use points (but not surprise points as those negate the use of coupons nowadays).

• Like 3

Wiped out my remaining points this morning at my closing store.  Picked up 1 more Ninjago Master Wu Dragon / 2 Ninjago Jay's Elemental Dragon / 1 Friends Hot Dog Truck.  $49 total.  (Used points and mobile coupon)

As FYI, wouldn't hurt to prescan Lego sets.  1 City set was ringing up 67% off instead of 50% off.

Star Wars Clone Turbo Tank 75151 - $90.58

- $10 of $50 code ($80.58)
- Used 34,660 in SYW points ($50.00)
- Purchased $50 GC from Raise, 6.7% off + 3% INLOVE promo code ($45.31)
- Paid for GC with a portion of the 149.03 from ******

Total Cost: FREE?

I could have waited for a better initial price or something but I had points expiring and I did not want to go out today. Let's see what condition this arrives in.

Edit: MastEr BATES is a profanity? lol.

Edited by KvHulk

Anyone seen any Doorbusters lately (i.e. last 2 weeks)? I've been checking back regularly (especially on Wednesdays) but haven't seen any on my main account. Did even miss my third WWW spin last week as I was waiting until midnight, and then Sweeps went down "for maintenance".