KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

4 hours ago, Phil B said:

SYW Rewards members: check your inbox for an email titled "Action Requested - youi've obtained some SWEET deals". Mine just came and contained a $15 back on $15 coupon, valid for Sears and KMart. Best coupon I've seen in a while.

I wish I got that. The only thing Kmart/Sears has hooked me up with the past 30-45 days is $9 off $55 (several times as they expire). Which I never use because the standard $10 off $50 is better...

4 hours ago, Phil B said:

SYW Rewards members: check your inbox for an email titled "Action Requested - youi've obtained some SWEET deals". Mine just came and contained a $15 back on $15 coupon, valid for Sears and KMart. Best coupon I've seen in a while.

I think Kmart meant for the appropriate action required was to delete the email right away.  Mine contained $1 off beauty products and $5 off of shoes lol. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FM said:

$10 in points when you spend $50. ??? Platinum status = the end of any decent offers for me.  I miss those sweet 50% back in points coupons.

$10 off $50 is a mobile coupon, available even if you don't have an account. You should still have those. I do think that someone at Sears has finally had the guts to say that plying your regulars with free stuff is not going to right the ship - the good offers have somewhat dried up (see the current VIP coupon, there used to be a 100% back coupon). I was surprised by the $15 back on $15 - it's on my secondary account that I keep abandoning and then I get something like this and go like "ah shucks, I should have played WWW last week :)"......

Members get 25% in points when you purchase $10 on any Smart Sense products.
Points valid for 14 days. Offer valid 2/26/27-4/15/17. Limit $50 in points per transaction. Exclusions apply.

†Purchase requirement before taxes and after other discounts and must be made in a single transaction. Excludes clearance. Maximum points earned is $50 per transaction. *By accepting Shop Your Way member benefits and offers, you agree to Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at shopyourway.com/terms. Shop Your Way members earn points on qualifying purchases, excluding sales taxes and other fees.

• Like 3

On 1/21/2017 at 0:39 AM, TacoCat said:

Not sure if it's been posted here before, but you can spin the "big wheels" linked below once a day for a shot at SYW points. No survey questions and the links go straight to the instant win games. My understanding is the red background wheel resets weekly but the teal one may only pay out points once per account.

Links are mobile links, delete the  mp/  for desktop links.

http://www.shopyourway.com/mp/app/16250/l

http://www.shopyourway.com/mp/app/16250/l?p=WebPromo

I just discovered that http://www.shopyourway.com/mp/app/16250/l?p=WebPromo2 gives access to another wheel (with some sort of fish? in the center of the wheel). Won 250 points with it (about the most points I'm getting nowadays with Sweeps, probably used it too much). Remove the mp/  part for desktop as per TacoCat's original post. Red Wheel suddenly started working for me again as well (the first link in the above post), but the Blue/Teal wheel no longer works for me.

ADD: Also noticed that there seems to be a $10 surprise points on a $10 sporting goods purchase promo .... not LEGO related but someone might be in need of new equipment or supplies for free ....

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 5

Recently had some Raise points come through, so I wanted to combine with my 25% VIP points back offer on a purchase.  Now that I am ready to purchase, not a single Lego item is working.  I'm just getting the standard 2%.  1)  I know it's a one shot deal; haven't used it.  2)  I'm above the $50 threshold.  Any tips?  I already had a couple of sets in my cart, and those had been showing the points back but not now.

And on different note, I am a KMT newbie (since November).  And suddenly I am bumped to platinum VIP.  I am definitely below any spending threshold.  Odd...

1 hour ago, trstnkn said:

Recently had some Raise points come through, so I wanted to combine with my 25% VIP points back offer on a purchase.  Now that I am ready to purchase, not a single Lego item is working.  I'm just getting the standard 2%.  1)  I know it's a one shot deal; haven't used it.  2)  I'm above the $50 threshold.  Any tips?  I already had a couple of sets in my cart, and those had been showing the points back but not now.

And on different note, I am a KMT newbie (since November).  And suddenly I am bumped to platinum VIP.  I am definitely below any spending threshold.  Odd...

The 25% coupon (okay, I have the 20% coupon, but same deal) works on LEGO, just tested it. It's likely that you have another coupon loaded and applied (even if it doesn't show) which is causing the 25% coupon to cancel out. Best way is to either try the same order via SYW.com or Sears.com (you might need to write down the coupon codes first).

And Platinum goes by $$ spent and purchases made, and I'm pretty sure all your Raise GC orders count. It's something like 80 purchases and $1500 in total to get to Platinum. So if you bought 40x $100 GCs via Raise, and then every time used your Raise SYW points to buy sets, you might already be at 80 and >$1500.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil B said:

The 25% coupon (okay, I have the 20% coupon, but same deal) works on LEGO, just tested it. It's likely that you have another coupon loaded and applied (even if it doesn't show) which is causing the 25% coupon to cancel out. Best way is to either try the same order via SYW.com or Sears.com (you might need to write down the coupon codes first).

And Platinum goes by $$ spent and purchases made, and I'm pretty sure all your Raise GC orders count. It's something like 80 purchases and $1500 in total to get to Platinum. So if you bought 40x $100 GCs via Raise, and then every time used your Raise SYW points to buy sets, you might already be at 80 and >$1500.

Try the purchase on SYW.com, if that doesn't work try it on kmart.com (of vice versa).  I had always used kmart.com until it stopped working a month ago (points weren't showing up, coupons weren't showing up or applying, etc.) and I went to SYW.com and it worked.  2 days ago SWY started giving me similar issues, and kmart.com now works for me.  

And yes, Raise GCs apply toward VIP status.  I went from dirt status to platinum in a few weeks this way.  It did take about 2 months for all of the points to apply though.  You can see how many points you have coming by checking the first (bottom) line of your points history.  Mine read -230,000 points for over a month.  As they were applied this number went to zero.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FM said:

Try the purchase on SYW.com, if that doesn't work try it on kmart.com (of vice versa).  I had always used kmart.com until it stopped working a month ago (points weren't showing up, coupons weren't showing up or applying, etc.) and I went to SYW.com and it worked.  2 days ago SWY started giving me similar issues, and kmart.com now works for me.  

And yes, Raise GCs apply toward VIP status.  I went from dirt status to platinum in a few weeks this way.  It did take about 2 months for all of the points to apply though.  You can see how many points you have coming by checking the first (bottom) line of your points history.  Mine read -230,000 points for over a month.  As they were applied this number went to zero.

I just started this as well.  My GC purchase from 13 Feb won't turn into points until 15 Mar...but it's still free money :)

Thanks, finally got the 25% back in points to work.  Was able to use the $10 off $30 coupon with it as well.

Looks like an Expedia purchase tipped me over the edge to platinum.  I didn't realize that counted against your total.  We have to fly to see relatives, so I purchased my Delta tix through SYW Expedia.  5 tickets netted me over 160,000 points.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Is that a publicly available coupon or limited to your account?

It is a $10 off any $30 or more online purchase.  My closing Kmart was giving me one each time I shopped.  I was even able to use one more than once.  They were valid for 1 week.

I checked my coupons in my account just a few minutes ago and found one.  That was the first time I had seen this deal outside of the printed receipt type coupon.

So to answer your question, I've seen it both ways.