KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

I've been making out well purchasing gift cards through SYW -> Raise with the 8% back in points plus hidden coupons that randomly appear for 25% back from 3p retailers. Getting lots of nearly free sets.

You can also double dip by purchasing sears or Kmart gift cards for 5% off through raise and then using them when you don't have enough points. Makes for some nice stacking discounts.

6 hours ago, SageFly said:

I've been making out well purchasing gift cards through SYW -> Raise with the 8% back in points plus hidden coupons that randomly appear for 25% back from 3p retailers. Getting lots of nearly free sets.

You can also double dip by purchasing sears or Kmart gift cards for 5% off through raise and then using them when you don't have enough points. Makes for some nice stacking discounts.

That's the formula!  They also sometimes have LEGO store GCs for 0-3% making it around 10%.  And you can also link from SWY to Lego.com for an additional 3%.

One word of advice... Make sure you keep track of your SYW/Raise GC purchases.  The agreement between Raise and SYW cuts you off at $5000 ($400 in points) lifetime (not per year), and they do it without notification.  If you continue to purchase Raise GCs though SYW, the site will continue to say "Redirecting... 8%" and Raise will send the information to SYW, but SYW stops issuing the points.  I learned this from a SYW supervisor when I was at $4800, and sure enough it cut off at $5000.

The lesson I learned is to maximize the return by shopping for GC deals.  You might see TRU on SWY+Raise for 8+8% for 15.4%, which is good, but with patience you can find TRU GCs for 15-20% elsewhere.  Don't burn up the 8%, but save it for buying GCs to stores where it's tougher to find good GC deals, like Lego or Walmart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FM said:

That's the formula!  They also sometimes have LEGO store GCs for 0-3% making it around 10%.  And you can also link from SWY to Lego.com for an additional 3%.

One word of advice... Make sure you keep track of your SYW/Raise GC purchases.  The agreement between Raise and SYW cuts you off at $5000 ($400 in points) lifetime (not per year), and they do it without notification.  If you continue to purchase Raise GCs though SYW, the site will continue to say "Redirecting... 8%" and Raise will send the information to SYW, but SYW stops issuing the points.  I learned this from a SYW supervisor when I was at $4800, and sure enough it cut off at $5000.

The lesson I learned is to maximize the return by shopping for GC deals.  You might see TRU on SWY+Raise for 8+8% for 15.4%, which is good, but with patience you can find TRU GCs for 15-20% elsewhere.  Don't burn up the 8%, but save it for buying GCs to stores where it's tougher to find good GC deals, like Lego or Walmart.

Thank you for that information! I'll be hitting $5000 before the end of the year :( I guess I'll have to find some other wayto get creative.

Target, Walmart and Gamestop have been my go-to uses for this so far. I've bought a few through TRU, but now that I know there is a cap, I'll probably go elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Yeah where do we find this if we are silver VIP

Log in to Shop Your Way, select the Rewards Section, select VIP and then it shows you your VIP Level. Click on Bonus Deals to see if you have access to this (Silver level and I assume above). 

Edited by legorunner