Jump to content

KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

KMart suddenly refuses to accept my account, prompts me with a request to create a password and "sign in and join", and generally is not very nice. Anyone else have this issue?

I think I got banned or something today, too. Nothing at all gives me SYW points anymore. Might be because I've gotten about $4,000 worth of free tools and clothes this week from all of their 100% points offers :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The $150 Pick Your Spring Prize instant win sweeps is paying out. I won points 4 times in a row.  https://goo.gl/O4QHC1 Extra sweeps codes: B1gSpr1ng, springWINS, springprize, PickSpring

Came home to this today from Kmart. My last 3 Lego orders from them have all shipped in bags. My undershirts, however, are receiving the utmost respect.

NEW: Seems to be paying out $2 or $5 - https://www.shopyourway.com/app/2/l/contests/vervvip

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Serejai said:

I think I got banned or something today, too. Nothing at all gives me SYW points anymore. Might be because I've gotten about $4,000 worth of free tools and clothes this week from all of their 100% points offers :D

I don't think I'm worthy of a ban, with my tiny baseplate orders every now and then. I think their system is f-ed up. When I try to log in it seems to tell me I need to create a new password, which it then promptly does not accept, or it freezes on the 'continue' button.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just came off a chat session followed by a SYW customer service call, followed by a Sears CS call, which resulted in a "we have forwarded your issue to our IT department, you will hear from them via email in the next 24-48hrs.". They told me I can still order via phone, but that limits my options to play around with points ....

Link to post
Share on other sites

New to shopping at Kmart; however, there is one 2 miles from my house.  

For those playing the SYW points game, are you primarily accumulating points through instore or online purchases?  

How much volume do you have to be spending to make it worth your while?

Doing my research and reading through the forum.  Trying to decide if worth the time.  Seems like it could potentially be an easier venue to grab heavily discounted Legos rather than scouring clearance aisles (often a waste of time & gas IMO).

Many thanks...

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Phil B said:

I just came off a chat session followed by a SYW customer service call, followed by a Sears CS call, which resulted in a "we have forwarded your issue to our IT department, you will hear from them via email in the next 24-48hrs.". They told me I can still order via phone, but that limits my options to play around with points ....

Did they resolve your issue yet. I still can't log in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lazuli16 said:

Did they resolve your issue yet. I still can't log in. 

Nope ... waiting to hear via email from "the IT department". In the meanwhile they've sent me at least 4 different offers via mail for stuff I cannot look at - "but you can order via the phone" ... funny, let me do my usual searching for the best point/coupon combinations via the phone for 2 hours .....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trstnkn said:

New to shopping at Kmart; however, there is one 2 miles from my house.  

For those playing the SYW points game, are you primarily accumulating points through instore or online purchases?  

How much volume do you have to be spending to make it worth your while?

Doing my research and reading through the forum.  Trying to decide if worth the time.  Seems like it could potentially be an easier venue to grab heavily discounted Legos rather than scouring clearance aisles (often a waste of time & gas IMO).

Many thanks...

I have been doing both. In store I have gotten a lot of good deals. I spent $52 on clearance kids clothes and they gave me $67 in points. Figure that one out. Sears also has a lot of the same kinds of deals, too so keep your eyes open and watch the tags around the store. I haven't purchased anything other than what I would normally buy and I have gotten nearly $900 in points to spend on lego in the last month or so.

Edited by jkris53406
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Phil B said:

Nope ... waiting to hear via email from "the IT department". In the meanwhile they've sent me at least 4 different offers via mail for stuff I cannot look at - "but you can order via the phone" ... funny, let me do my usual searching for the best point/coupon combinations via the phone for 2 hours .....

apperantly my account has been put on hold by the rewards team. I have a feeling i have a interesting conversation coming up.

EDIT: the rewards team has no clue what i'm talking about.  I was told to email SYWR support with my issue. Nothing is free in life, and I guess this is the price I have to pay.

Edited by lazuli16
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kmart/Sears has to be losing money from many savvy SYWR customers.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them crack down on some of the biggest buyers but it's their own system that is flawed.  Consumers are always going to take advantage where they can for the best deals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

apperantly my account has been put on hold by the rewards team. I have a feeling i have a interesting conversation coming up.

EDIT: the rewards team has no clue what i'm talking about.  I was told to email SYWR support with my issue. Nothing is free in life, and I guess this is the price I have to pay.

Curious if SYWR is cracking down on people who call them too many times asking for their missing rewards points.  We know there is loophole in their system that allows for this kind of abuse.    Not saying you or anyone is abusing this loophole, but by any chance have you been contacting them regularly about missing points?

 

On unrelated note, congrats on your 666th post :devil:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darth_Raichu said:

Curious if SYWR is cracking down on people who call them too many times asking for their missing rewards points.  We know there is loophole in their system that allows for this kind of abuse.    Not saying you or anyone is abusing this loophole, but by any chance have you been contacting them regularly about missing points?

 

On unrelated note, congrats on your 666th post :devil:

 

I've never contact them about missing points.  The only time I contacted them was when I ordered 3 18 drawer parts cabinet in blue, but I got them in grey, then they sent the replacements, but in grey again. 

On Friday I ordered the airport and spent about $8 out of pocket after I combined my coupon and points. I am assuming that's what got my account flagged.

I guess it's appropriate that my 666th post was a complaint about KMart.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My account is locked as well, still waiting for an email from their IT department. Will call website support today again.

Didn't misuse points, only used what they gave me, last 20 orders have been nothing but cheap or free baseplates, so no big items.

So either they're banning folks at random for using their system, or it's some sort of bug in their website. I did notice that my current password does not meet the pwd requirements I see when it prompts me to create one, so perhaps they flagged all accounts with improper passwords for password renewal, but that renewal process has a bug.

Hope to know more when I call. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been gaming SYW for a while now and my account is fine. I always spend some money to get points back so I think that's what's keeping my account in good standing. My guess is that if you're getting free stuff from SYW points, that's raising red flags on their end which is resulting in the bans.

 

Edited by pete411
Link to post
Share on other sites

My account is working properly again now; I'm showing points once again. I've gotten about $2,000 worth of free tools and clothing over the last two weeks and have already redeemed about $1,400 in points so I feel like if they were flagging accounts mine would have been locked as well (I have gotten about 115% points back). It's likely some kind of glitch with their website.

Are you able to order from Sears or SYW still?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished a 30 min call with 3 different departments, ending with another support ticket being sent to their web support IT group. Haven't heard anything from the first ticket yet, which was sent Sunday evening. They always tell me I can order via phone, and that my account is fine. But even from their end they cannot reset my password, which seems to be the issue that's underlying my SYW woes.

I'm still logged in to SYW.com, and it shows my measly 94 points.

They would have told me if my account was banned, plus it would have been really weird, as I am by no means a big Kmart/Sears spender (at least compared with some of the hauls others have reported). Didn't even do the office supplies/clothes etc. 100% points back promos.

I heard indirectly from a supervisor that they are having multiple complaints about this and working on them. So to me this looks like something corrupted somewhere, and some accounts are foobar. I'm just hoping to hear back from someone on how to get back in :-/

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I don't post here often, but I have some experience with Kmart.  My wife isn't into lego, but she has used SYW for a couple years as she is a couponer.  About a year ago the same thing happened to her account and everything went dry.  The good news is she started a new account that reached VIP status and she is sitting on 200+ points as we speak.  

They definitely will shut off your account and I believe it is intentional and not a problem with the website.  

I would have posted this sooner, but I don't normally read this thread as I try to avoid the Kmart as their customer service at our local store is terrible.  Going there to return an item is agonizing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Greentoe said:

So I don't post here often, but I have some experience with Kmart.  My wife isn't into lego, but she has used SYW for a couple years as she is a couponer.  About a year ago the same thing happened to her account and everything went dry.  The good news is she started a new account that reached VIP status and she is sitting on 200+ points as we speak.  

They definitely will shut off your account and I believe it is intentional and not a problem with the website.  

I would have posted this sooner, but I don't normally read this thread as I try to avoid the Kmart as their customer service at our local store is terrible.  Going there to return an item is agonizing.

Alright, but do they shut off your account without telling you, even when you call? And tell you your account "is fine from their end"? And do they offer that you can just place your orders over the phone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phil B said:

Alright, but do they shut off your account without telling you, even when you call? And tell you your account "is fine from their end"? And do they offer that you can just place your orders over the phone?

The account is still there, but you won't receive any more deals.  A CSR can help you with purchases and points you already have, but I don't believe anyone can help you with getting deals again.  I'm sure they know that it happens, but aren't allowed to talk about it.  I have worked in a few difference calls centers and so has my wife.  The good thing is I don't believe they track anyone's IP address so you can start a new account right away.  I know some other companies will track your IP address and maybe even your CCs, but my wife didn't do anything special when she started a new account - just used a different email address and name.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a Gmail address you can add "+ anythingyouwant"  to your username and it will direct all mail to this address to your regular email.

I.e email sent to [email protected] will show up in my regular email account.  In case anyone needs to create a new account.

That's not my real email address, so hold the fan mail. ;)

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...