KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

Shopyourway.com has a deal is you go through their site with Raise.com

Get $ 10 in points when you spend $25 on discounted gift card + Earn 8% in points every time you shop 

Member offer of get $10.00 back in points for spending $25.00 on qualifying purchases, valid September 24th – September 30th, 2016. Members get $10.00 in points; limit one (1) offer per member. Minimum purchase requirement of $25.00 after gift cards and discounts and before taxes and other fees are applied. Offer cannot be combined with other Shop Your Way promotions. Void if purchase is cancelled or returned. Initiate online through ShopYourWay.com, SYWEverywhere.com, or at participating instore locations. Points may require up to 45 days to be awarded. Not valid for Sears, Kmart, Lands’ End®, and the following partners: KitchenAid, Energy Plus, LifeLock, Lingo, MetLife Defender, local restaurants, Sears licensed businesses, Sirva Home Benefits, and Sirva Mortgage. Offer valid for original recipient only. We reserve the right to cancel or modify the offer at any time in the event of fraud, abuse, unintended virality, or if technical or other issues arise. By accepting Shop Your Way member benefits and offers, you agree to the Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Fleck said:

Shopyourway.com has a deal is you go through their site with Raise.com

Get $ 10 in points when you spend $25 on discounted gift card + Earn 8% in points every time you shop 

Member offer of get $10.00 back in points for spending $25.00 on qualifying purchases, valid September 24th – September 30th, 2016. Members get $10.00 in points; limit one (1) offer per member. Minimum purchase requirement of $25.00 after gift cards and discounts and before taxes and other fees are applied. Offer cannot be combined with other Shop Your Way promotions. Void if purchase is cancelled or returned. Initiate online through ShopYourWay.com, SYWEverywhere.com, or at participating instore locations. Points may require up to 45 days to be awarded. Not valid for Sears, Kmart, Lands’ End00ae.png, and the following partners: KitchenAid, Energy Plus, LifeLock, Lingo, MetLife Defender, local restaurants, Sears licensed businesses, Sirva Home Benefits, and Sirva Mortgage. Offer valid for original recipient only. We reserve the right to cancel or modify the offer at any time in the event of fraud, abuse, unintended virality, or if technical or other issues arise. By accepting Shop Your Way member benefits and offers, you agree to the Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms.

Fleck,

Did you get an email on this...or is the details on the website (not seeing it - but I could be looking in wrong section)?

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Is it just me, or are coupons not applying to LEGO at this moment?  I wondered if I need to clear cache from browers, etc?  It seemed to start on Friday after they started the 10% back in points promo coupon, but I could never get it to apply either.

I'm able to apply a $5 off $50 to an order of 2x Corner Deli. Didn't go through to the final payment screen, and as usual YMMV with Kmart's coupon application. You might need to clear your cookies.

Oh, and no 10% back in points for me - just $1 in points as a promo.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, teamhappyfrog said:

YMMV - every time SYW has a deal like this I have to fight with them about getting my points.  They can never find any information about the deal etc... I had to start screen capturing the deals to provide them with the info.

This. Screen cap every part of the process including the promo banner and details. I take screen caps of EVERY part of the process. You will not get your bonus points unless you email SYW after 45 days. Seriously. When I've emailed them in the past without screen caps, they will deny that there was a promo in the first place, deny that you properly logged into the SYW site and you'll be **** out of luck. These SYW bonus offers are only for the diligent.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pete411 said:

This. Screen cap every part of the process including the promo banner and details. I take screen caps of EVERY part of the process. You will not get your bonus points unless you email SYW after 45 days. Seriously. When I've emailed them in the past without screen caps, they will deny that there was a promo in the first place, deny that you properly logged into the SYW site and you'll be **** out of luck. These SYW bonus offers are only for the diligent.

^^ This. I have used the raise link from the SYW portal many times and so far I haven't received any credit. zero, nada.. Every single time I inquire about the points they come with their generic script that it can take up to 45 days.. so if someone wants to jump in this trap be ready to fight. write down order #, date purchased, amount, etc. or take your screenshots and send it to them once the 45 days period have passed.

Oh and don't delete raise confirmation email because they're going to ask for it too.

Edited by sunkenbrick
add

OK, I was talking the other day about no coupons applying for me and something was going on.  After some experimenting, I came to the conclusion that there was a coupon stuck somewhere attached to my account.  It didn't matter what device I tried to load coupons from. 

I had some surprise points that arrived in my account today, $7 in points for $20 purchase.  I figured I'd try to buy something and see if it would release whatever was blocking coupons for me.  Yep, once the order processed I'm good now and everything applies that should, so yes, it was just me.  The magical mystery that is the SYWR point system.

• Like 1

Companies in dire straits make weird moves, but for those of you using Uber (and live in Chicago or New York, but soon the rest of the US gets this too):

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-sears-partnership-idUSKCN11Y0C1

Sears Holdings Corp is partnering with ride-services company Uber Technologies Inc [UBER.UL] as the struggling retailer tries to make its rewards program more attractive to shoppers.

Sears is betting on its Shop Your Way loyalty plan, which offers points and tailored deals to members, as the company looks to revive sales. The program accounted for 75 percent of the company's sales through the first half of 2016.

Riders who link their Uber account to Sears' loyalty plan will receive up to $2 in loyalty points for every trip. The program, Rider Rewards, is currently available in Chicago and New York City, and will be rolled out nationally soon, the companies said.

While new drivers who sign up to drive with Uber through Shop Your Way will get up to $1,000 in points, existing Uber drivers in some cities including Chicago, New York City and San Francisco can also earn points by enrolling in the program.

Sears, which has not reported a profit in five years, has made the Shop Your Way program the focus of its revival strategy, even as it shrinks its store base to reduce costs.

11 hours ago, donbee said:

I placed two more $25 orders. Running out of things to buy.
Is $21 for 100 garbage a decent price? Seems kind of high.
I've bought about 4 rolls of tape too.
And everything I could think of for work.
What else are you guys buying?

I purchased a Crayola art kit for the kids @ 18.99 then used those points towards lego....it only makes sense to do if you already plan on purchasing a certain set.

11 hours ago, donbee said:

I placed two more $25 orders. Running out of things to buy.
Is $21 for 100 garbage a decent price? Seems kind of high.
I've bought about 4 rolls of tape too.
And everything I could think of for work.
What else are you guys buying?

20 minutes ago, Fleck said:

I purchased a Crayola art kit for the kids @ 18.99 then used those points towards lego....it only makes sense to do if you already plan on purchasing a certain set.

Amen to that. I always stop myself from buying things to get discounts when I have to make too complex justifications for the purchase, or when I can buy the same product significantly cheaper elsewhere. Think of your garbage bag offer like this "I bought a LEGO set at RRP, and got a 100 free garbage bags". Would you still go ahead with the offer if it was phrased like this?

14 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Amen to that. I always stop myself from buying things to get discounts when I have to make too complex justifications for the purchase, or when I can buy the same product significantly cheaper elsewhere. Think of your garbage bag offer like this "I bought a LEGO set at RRP, and got a 100 free garbage bags". Would you still go ahead with the offer if it was phrased like this?

So far I have only bought Lego that is on sale to help justify the purchases. Makes it a better deal that way =)  example.... Bought a $60 set on sale for $46 and recieved 200 trash bags =)