KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

9 minutes ago, teamhappyfrog said:

Is there anything special to do to get them emailed?  I have been a SYW member for years and never received a email or a postcard.

If it makes you feel any better - I didn't get any either (apart from the usual "get $20 back in points when you buy through SYW Everywhere"). I think this might be tied to membership status (i.e. Silver vs VIP Gold and up).

50 minutes ago, Elkkthunder said:

anyone know for those who have had a kmart close, how do they drop prices?

weekly, monthly etc and by how much each time?

I plagiarized this from another forum.  Some KMarts ship out their stuff to other stores, others get clearance stuff shipped to them and liquidated.

A final update for the Lancaster, Ohio (43130) Store:  Toys were reduced to 60% off on Thursday (May 12th).  I stopped in this morning (Saturday, May 14th).  The only Lego sets left, not including Chima blister packs, were about ten #70725 Ninjago Mech Dragons.

Here's a week-by-week summary of the listed toy discounts for the store and my inventory notes (YMMV for other store's liquidation sales):

• Week 01 (March 10th): 20% Off
  • Week 02 (March 17th): 25% Off - Lego sets slightly picked over, but still almost a full selection
  • Week 03 (March 24th): 30% Off
  • Week 04 (March 31st): 30% Off - Note: Easter was March 27th
  • Week 05 (April 7th): 30% Off
  • Week 06 (April 14th): 40% Off - Still plenty of Lego sets, though some themes/sub-themes were depleted (e.g., Super Heroes were almost all gone, Star Wars was gone, Disney Princesses, most 2016 sets) or at least somewhat picked over (City, larger Creator sets, Friends, Elves). But, if you're just looking for parts packs, there was still a very decent selection.
  • Week 07 (April 21st): 50% Off
  • Week 08 (April 28th): 50% Off
  • Week 09 (May 5th): 50% Off
  • Week 10 (May 12th): 60% Off - Lego sets almost all gone
  • Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:45 AM, exciter1 said:

I plagiarized this from another forum.  ...A final update for the Lancaster, Ohio (43130) Store:  Toys were reduced ...

Week 01 (March 10th): 20% Off ...Week 03 (March 24th): 30% Off ...etc

Heh... just stopped in my (closing) Gastonia, NC store.  We are now in the 30% off phase. Still lots of Lego, but many themes gone: no Star Wars, no Minecraft. Still some interesting Friends, City, Ninjago, Chima, a few Superheroes... but at 30% off... not quite interesting enough. Also, I saw a sign at the cash register: "CASH ONLY" ... does that mean no SYW points redemptions?  In that case... it's even less interesting.

10 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

Heh... just stopped in my (closing) Gastonia, NC store.  We are now in the 30% off phase. Still lots of Lego, but many themes gone: no Star Wars, no Minecraft. Still some interesting Friends, City, Ninjago, Chima, a few Superheroes... but at 30% off... not quite interesting enough. Also, I saw a sign at the cash register: "CASH ONLY" ... does that mean no SYW points redemptions?  In that case... it's even less interesting.

I've heard from others that you can get and use SYWR points, so maybe something is different with this liquidator?

On June 6, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Kenxxx said:

Another update for those of you with closing stores nearby. I went early last week to my local closing store and found there was still a pretty good selection. The drop in inventory from the beginning of liquidation in mid May to early June was barely noticeable. Obviously the big SW, JW and Minecraft sets were gone, but still plenty of nice sets as @Kenxxx noted. I walked out with a couple of retired SW sets they must have dug out of the back (AAT, Utapau Troopers) but as a small timer I decided to save my $ and points and see what was still around as the discount increased. 

I went back today - still 30% off, but I'd estimate that at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the inventory that was there last week was gone. Still some Friends, Creator, Ninjago, sets with helicopters (Deep Sea, Fire), Swamp Police, some 2016 City sets, but most of what I'd been hopeful would survive to the next round was gone. I went on and jumped on the last Blue Power Jet and 3 in 1 Toy and Grocery Shop because I doubt they would have otherwise made it to the next round, and with points, surprise points, and coupons it still came down to 75% off (its amazing they still accept SYW coupons), but my hopes of scoring a lot of good sets with the starting price of 40% off isn't looking very promising at this rate . Still some stuff there tonight that I'll certainly pick up if it survives, but the moral of this rambling anecdote is that if they have something you want, and especially if you can stack some points and coupons, you may want to get it while you can. YMMV, of course. 

• Like 1

the one store closing around here still has decent inventory of city, minecraft, chima, ninjago, ect.  but with everything still hanging at 30% only thing I grabbed was 5 boxes of Utapau troopers.  30% off and 15% off giftcards got them to $8.20 after tax.  throw in some syw points and ebaybucks and it should cover the cost of the trip.

also kmart has and auto $15 back on $75 for fathers day.  should stack with most other coupons.

1 hour ago, jay4e said:

the one store closing around here still has decent inventory of city, minecraft, chima, ninjago, ect.  but with everything still hanging at 30% only thing I grabbed was 5 boxes of Utapau troopers.  30% off and 15% off giftcards got them to $8.20 after tax.  throw in some syw points and ebaybucks and it should cover the cost of the trip.

also kmart has and auto $15 back on $75 for fathers day.  should stack with most other coupons.

"VIP Members get $15(15,000) back in points when you spend $75 or more for Father Day gift (excluding clearance). Points expire in 14 days. Limit 30,000 pts per mbr. INSTORE and ONLINE Valid through June 19, 2016 11:59 PM CDT"

I purchased a couple items over $75 on 6/12.  I'm just not sure if the $15 bonus was applied then?  Does this show up for you guys in your point calculations before the purchase, or is it just tagged on afterward.  I'm afraid I'm already at my max of $30.

5 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

"VIP Members get $15(15,000) back in points when you spend $75 or more for Father Day gift (excluding clearance). Points expire in 14 days. Limit 30,000 pts per mbr. INSTORE and ONLINE Valid through June 19, 2016 11:59 PM CDT"

I purchased a couple items over $75 on 6/12.  I'm just not sure if the $15 bonus was applied then?  Does this show up for you guys in your point calculations before the purchase, or is it just tagged on afterward.  I'm afraid I'm already at my max of $30.

$15 got added as soon as my order shipped.  The points would expire in 14 days as promised.  I placed a second $75 order right after $15 was in my account.  I stopped there and did not test if $30 was hard limit. ;)