Jump to content

KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Can't help you - the best I've got is $10 back on $50, $10 back on $100 and $10 back on $150 (why oh why?). But the coupon wording doesn't exclude LEGO, perhaps there is a Fam & Friends or Member event going?

You're a SYW veteran, so these questions are probably irrelevant, but for the heck of it:

Have you tried manually adding the coupon code when checking out?

Are you perhaps combining with other offers (though not excluded in the above text)?

Is this perhaps one of those "points will be credited later and will not be visible on your checkout page" kind of deals?

Have you tried placing your order via phone to see whether they know how to apply the coupon?

I've never tried placing an order by phone.  The savings aren't good enough for me to do that.  If they gave them to me for free over the phone, I might try it.

I was able to get it to apply at Sears.com, so that's good enough for me.

Thanks...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I've never tried placing an order by phone.  The savings aren't good enough for me to do that.  If they gave them to me for free over the phone, I might try it.

I was able to get it to apply at Sears.com, so that's good enough for me.

Thanks...

I assume for LEGO from Kmart via Sears, correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Is there a trick to see which items qualify for the SYW offers? All of the ones I add to cart do not qualify.

Hot buy items don't qualify.  You can find that below the price.

most of the good sets are hot buy items. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Is there a trick to see which items qualify for the SYW offers? All of the ones I add to cart do not qualify.

Usually, most that are not Hot Buy.  As I experienced today, try from both Sears.com and Kmart.com. The game is always changing and I'm supposed to say it's fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sunkenbrick said:

Hot buy items don't qualify.  You can find that below the price.

most of the good sets are hot buy items. 

Yes I did know that. The item isn't a HOT Buy item.

Was trying to apply a $10 off $30 on a City deep sea set.

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

Usually, most that are not Hot Buy.  As I experienced today, try from both Sears.com and Kmart.com. The game is always changing and I'm supposed to say it's fun.

I don't typically use SYW b/c it's such a pain for me to apply the offers they tease me with.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, teamhappyfrog said:

Hot Buy restrictions do not apply in store, if you have a store close by just go in and purchase.

Sale prices often don't apply in store either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I have $10.00 in surprise points to use... again. Kmart, please stop throwing money at me !

 

(just kidding keep it coming, I'm getting used to $3 battle packs)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And I have $10.00 in surprise points to use... again. Kmart, please stop throwing money at me !

 

(just kidding keep it coming, I'm getting used to $3 battle packs)

$3 battle packs are my go to item for this deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any trick getting this stuff to apply? I have $10 in surprise points for Kmart and I've tried ordering a battle pack through kmart.com, sears.com, and shopyourway.com and none of them will apply the points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Serejai said:

Any trick getting this stuff to apply? I have $10 in surprise points for Kmart and I've tried ordering a battle pack through kmart.com, sears.com, and shopyourway.com and none of them will apply the points.

Surprise points for what?  General merchandise or a specific category?  Do you have to spend so much for the points to apply?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, exciter1 said:

Surprise points for what?  General merchandise or a specific category?  Do you have to spend so much for the points to apply?

It's literally just $10 in free points for use at Kmart; no spending requirements or exclusions other than allegedly " Excludes grocery, pet supplies, household cleaning, and beauty & health care"

The battle packs even show up with a "REDEEM POINTS" icon on them but it simply won't apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Serejai said:

It's literally just $10 in free points for use at Kmart; no spending requirements or exclusions other than allegedly " Excludes grocery, pet supplies, household cleaning, and beauty & health care"

The battle packs even show up with a "REDEEM POINTS" icon on them but it simply won't apply.

Have you tried checking out?  Does it show that you have $10 extra in points waiting when you add it to your cart?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Have you tried checking out?  Does it show that you have $10 extra in points waiting when you add it to your cart?

I've gone as far as the part where I enter my credit card and it doesn't show the points anywhere. There is no indication anywhere that I have these points other than in the "Surprise Points" tab on shopyourway.com, and in the email I got about them.

Managed to get it working though... apparently it wasn't working on SYW or Sears because the items were SOLD by Kmart, but FULFILLED by Sears... and the Kmart website was doing the same thing, so I switched over to Store Pickup and it's applying now. Reminds me of why I stopped using SYW in the first place.

Anyway, any recommendation on which battle pack to get? This will be my first battle pack but from what I can see pretty much all of them go up in value roughly the same. My choices are Shadow Troopers, Imperial Troop Transport, Geonosis Troopers, Resistance Troopers, First Order, and Senate Commando. I'm leaning towards the Commandos because they are only $11 and would be essentially free with the $1 points back.

Edited by Serejai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Serejai said:

I've gone as far as the part where I enter my credit card and it doesn't show the points anywhere. There is no indication anywhere that I have these points other than in the "Surprise Points" tab on shopyourway.com, and in the email I got about them.

Managed to get it working though... apparently it wasn't working on SYW or Sears because the items were SOLD by Kmart, but FULFILLED by Sears... and the Kmart website was doing the same thing, so I switched over to Store Pickup and it's applying now. Reminds me of why I stopped using SYW in the first place.

Anyway, any recommendation on which battle pack to get? This will be my first battle pack but from what I can see pretty much all of them go up in value roughly the same. My choices are Shadow Troopers, Imperial Troop Transport, Geonosis Troopers, Resistance Troopers, First Order, and Senate Commando. I'm leaning towards the Commandos because they are only $11 and would be essentially free with the $1 slow shipping credit.

Troop Transport would be my recommendation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Serejai said:

Cool. I shall defer to your wisdom here.

I picked up a ton of these for $9 and they sell easily at $12.99- $13.99 on BL, in the long run this one would probably do the best as well.

 

 

On another note, I just found out that my $10 is in store only. Nearest Kmart is 20 minutes away..

Edited by MinifigW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I just received my VIP April Statement.  Funny, they are letting me pick more reward benefits.  The 100% back on single item up to $50 is back, so I could load it.  I also was able to load other coupons like the $10 back on $10 and the $60/$110 points back on Auto purchase.  Go check your benefits and see if you might be eligible for more stuff.

I already picked the $20 back on $40 sometime last week.

http://www.shopyourway.com/tag/shop-your-way-rewards-vip/1461510

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...