KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

22 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

OK, I just received my VIP April Statement.  Funny, they are letting me pick more reward benefits.  The 100% back on single item up to $50 is back, so I could load it.  I also was able to load other coupons like the $10 back on $10 and the $60/$110 points back on Auto purchase.  Go check your benefits and see if you might be eligible for more stuff.

I already picked the $20 back on $40 sometime last week.

http://www.shopyourway.com/tag/shop-your-way-rewards-vip/1461510

Strictly speaking those are bonus deals accessible to every VIP, they are not counted as your 1 VIP CHOICE (ie. you can choose more than 1 bonus).   Just the fact that $50 back is part of bonus deals makes the bonus much better this time around.

• Like 1

Just now, exciter1 said:

Did anyone else get a FREE autorenew for Shop Your Way Max?  I was surprised by that one a couple days ago, even though I know many members get free offers anyway.

My membership was set to expire in March but I got an automatic renewal for 3 months for free.

23 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Do you have a pulse? Kmart wants to throw free money at you. Go sign up for shop your way and yes, YOU can be a VIP.

VIP status only comes with something like $2500+ worth of purchases in a year. Us ordinary folks are non-VIPs (but that doesn't stop SYW from throwing free cash at you). Just one word of warning: the goodness stops at some point - I think they are trying to see how easily you get addicted by throwing offer after offer at you, and then gradually reducing the %-savings ... if you keep buying they know they've got you hooked, if you stop the incentives will also stop. Haven't seen a decent promo in a while, and my surprise points list is empty (Except for some grocery stuff).

Has anyone else been on Kmart.com this morning?  I'm seeing "temporarily unavailable" for all LEGO sets on their website right now.  Maybe they have suspended sales after they saw how much money they were losing with the SYW rewards program.  Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch.

6 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

Has anyone else been on Kmart.com this morning?  I'm seeing "temporarily unavailable" for all LEGO sets on their website right now.  Maybe they have suspended sales after they saw how much money they were losing with the SYW rewards program.  Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch.

@exciter1 will for sure tell you it is because I posted my KMart exploits yesterday (and gave tips on how to get City Square for ~$140 all-in :) )........

7 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I was shopping around a little this morning and everything was ok.  They may be updating some prices, or better yet, 50% off SSDs, today only!

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

@exciter1 will for sure tell you it is because I posted my KMart exploits yesterday (and gave tips on how to get City Square for ~$140 all-in :) )........

We've had better prices on City Square, so I won't blame you for this one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

I was shopping around a little this morning and everything was ok. 

AH! So it is you who broke KMart.com !

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

We've had better prices on City Square, so I won't blame you for this one.

*wipes sweat off brow* Phew!

1 minute ago, dcdfan said:

Yeah, I find it interesting that $140 is good for City Square but when they were $101, it was poo-pooed...

That was a good deal - I recall the Cargo Train was also similarly priced ..... don't know who poo-pooed it at that time, must have been because there were enough deals around (see the crickets currently inhabiting the DD thread)