KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

I was wondering if there was any tips or tricks on how to get better surprise points from shopyourway on kmart?

I get offers, but they are almost always for 10 off 75 of clothes or 50 off 500 on appliances.

Every now and then I will get a $3 off on toys or $10 off $50 on full order.

but it seems like I hear about people getting $20 off $20 or $10 of $10 on a regular basis.

I was wondering if there was any tips or tricks on how to get better surprise points from shopyourway on kmart?

I get offers, but they are almost always for 10 off 75 of clothes or 50 off 500 on appliances.

Every now and then I will get a $3 off on toys or $10 off $50 on full order.

but it seems like I hear about people getting $20 off $20 or $10 of $10 on a regular basis.

Wouldn't that ruin the surprise...?

• Like 4

I think they are indeed tied to your previous spending. I've only started using KMart in the last 3 months, and went from promos ($5 when you install the app, or $15 in bonus points during a specific period) combined with "small" discounts like $5 off $35, $10 off $50, $15 off $75 to getting a series of better discounts recently ($5/$6/$7 off $14/$15). Have not yet seen the $20 back on $20 style coupons. My SYW Reward status tracker is getting close to Silver, so perhaps once I cross that threshold other more advanced rewards kick in. But there is no rhyme to it either. Right now the only offer I have is $20 off $200.

Okay SYW gurus: I have a promo for which SYW has sent me a few messages already, but I have no clue on how to activate this:

*GET $10 BACK IN POINTS WHILE YOU SHOP
Offer valid 3/1/16-3/31/16. Members get $10.00 in points, limit one (1) offer per member. Minimum
purchase requirement of $10.00 after gift cards and discounts and before taxes and other fees are
applied. Offer cannot be combined with other Shop Your Way promotions. Void if purchase is cancelled
or returned. Initiate online through ShopYourWay.com, SYWEverywhere.com, or at participating in-store locations. Points may require up to 45 days to be awarded. Not valid for Sears, Kmart, Lands’ End, Sears Marketplace, and the following partners: AT&T Uverse, Burger King, DirecTV, Energy Plus, Home
Solutions, LifeLock, Lingo, MetLife Defender, Rewards Network restaurants, Sears licensed businesses,
Sirva Home Benefits, and Sirva Mortgage. Offer valid for original recipient only. We reserve the right to
cancel or modify the offer at any time in the event fraud, abuse, unintended virality, or if technical or
other issues arise. By accepting Shop Your Way member benefits and offers, you agree to the Shop Your
Way terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms

The part that I don't get is the bit where it says "online or instore" but then excludes "Sears, KMart". How do I use this promo?

Is it true?  Did I actually use points today to get something?

Yes!  Thanks to @California92563 who walked me through it over the course of the entire day.  Geez...I'm old and don't get this technology stuff I guess.  Got myself 31044 Park Animals for $9.50, after using a $6 off $12.

Let's see if this can start turning into something else.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Is it true?  Did I actually use points today to get something?

Yes!  Thanks to @California92563 who walked me through it over the course of the entire day.  Geez...I'm old and don't get this technology stuff I guess.  Got myself 31044 Park Animals for $9.50, after using a $6 off $12.

Let's see if this can start turning into something else.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, legogregors said:

Anyone else ever get in a SYW surprise points loop where you keep getting $15 applicable to $45 or above orders.

I have been burned by the repeated points off the next order but the $15 applies immediately reducing my cost of smaller sets(3 orders this weekend).  

I never got that one...

57 minutes ago, legogregors said:

Anyone else ever get in a SYW surprise points loop where you keep getting $15 applicable to $45 or above orders.

I have been burned by the repeated points off the next order but the $15 applies immediately reducing my cost of smaller sets(3 orders this weekend).  

never got the $15/$45 just the usual $10/$50.

I received a card in the mail today saying members get $20 back in points when I spend $20 or more sold by Kmart or Kmart.com.  Just tried adding an item over $20 (Mystery Machine) item to my cart and I was getting that much in points.  It is valid from 3/25 to 4/7 only.  I guess this is a YMMV sort of situation.

1 hour ago, legogregors said:

I got $15 off $60, so consider yourself lucky. And this surprise points look will end at some point, I had a nice one for a while going from $5 off $14 to $6 off $14 to $7 off $15 ... the guys at the pickup counter at my closest Sears know me by name now.

42 minutes ago, psusyntar said:

I received a card in the mail today saying members get $20 back in points when I spend $20 or more sold by Kmart or Kmart.com.  Just tried adding an item over $20 (Mystery Machine) item to my cart and I was getting that much in points.  It is valid from 3/25 to 4/7 only.  I guess this is a YMMV sort of situation.

Did the card have a coupon code? If yes, care to share?

The world *might* be ending.  I just got a $12 off $30 off...and I was able to use it!  Amazing!

Grabbed myself 76053 Batman Gotham City Cycle Chase and 31031 Rainforest Animals.

That's twice in a week's time that I've been able to make something happen.  Maybe this can start becoming a habit.

• Like 4

On March 29, 2016 at 6:26 AM, psusyntar said:

No code.  Just must have been added to my account.  I didn't have to do anything to get the offer.

I can confirm the same. I was using some bonus points last weekend and to my surprise the $20 back in points showed up at checkout. It was only a couple of days later that I actually got the notice of the offer in the mail. On a different note, the SYW customer service is great. I sent an email asking about some missing points that I thought I should have earned on bonus offers, and within 24 hours I had a response that detailed their error the first time (and resolving it by crediting the $10 in points) and explaining my misinterpretation for the second bonus offer, but then they still credited me those points as well since I'm relatively new to SYW. 

Has anyone chosen their member benefit for this period? I don't see the offer I got last period which was 100% points back on one item up to $50. The only usable offer for me is $20 in points back on $50.

http://www.shopyourway.com/tag/shop-your-way-rewards-vip/1461510

I don't see that one this time either. I think the best one is $60 back on $199. Just my opinion.

18 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I don't see that one this time either. I think the best one is $60 back on $199. Just my opinion.

My $60 in points back on $199 is for the automotive department only. The wording on the offer is poorly written making it seem like it can be applied to anything. I just don't want you to be stuck with 20 quarts of synthetic motor oil, Exciter.

• Like 2

My $60 in points back on $199 is for the automotive department only. The wording on the offer is poorly written making it seem like it can be applied to anything. I just don't want you to be stuck with 20 quarts of synthetic motor oil, Exciter.

Thanks, I'm still at a ball game and haven't committed to anything yet.