KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I've been emailed several $20 back on a $40 or $60 purchase coupons lately.

It seems like once or twice a week I'm getting the 6.00 in surprise points.  I'm not a GOLD or Premium member......so I don't know....maybe I've been with them longer that most or its one of those 'if you use our coupons...we'll send you more" things. 

Edited by scuttfarkas

Just now, scuttfarkas said:

It seems like once or twice a week I'm getting the 6.00 in surprise points.  I'm not a GOLD or Premium member......so I don't know....maybe I've been with them longer that most or its one of those 'if you use our coupons...we'll send you more" things. 

once i reached their silver all offers stopped and they banned me :)

• Like 1

Much like exciter's TRU hates him, I think SYW hates me.  I've never been mailed a coupon.  And the Surprise Point I do get are usually for something specific - shoes, or sporting goods.

Looking at the Coupons area, I've got a 5% off any one toy purchase right now.  But that's it.  Nothing else.  And no surprise points right now either.

2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Much like exciter's TRU hates him, I think SYW hates me.  I've never been mailed a coupon.  And the Surprise Point I do get are usually for something specific - shoes, or sporting goods.

Looking at the Coupons area, I've got a 5% off any one toy purchase right now.  But that's it.  Nothing else.  And no surprise points right now either.

I wish I knew what to do to help you out with that.  It's always been fairly random for me.

12 minutes ago, scuttfarkas said:

10.00 in points for 50.00 spent or 6 in free points with no LEGO stipulations on the purchase not good enough for you?

10.00 for 50.00 is 20% back.  Why are we getting our hearts a-flutter and knocking down mall doors when The LEGO store gives us 10% in points....?

20% isn't a "decent points reward"?......Even 6.00 off a 19.99 set is 30%....plus, you're getting the additional purchase to count towards your points total. 

Not trying to be a smart ass(and not saying you're doing it).....but I find it nuts that people on this thread try every which possible to squeeze value out of their LEGO investments.....but they pass by 20% in points like it's a leper begging for change.

Yes, 20% is rad. But I get tired of the limited inventory that K-Mart has. 10% at lego.com for double VIP is WAY more enticing on stuff that I want, compared to 20% at K-Mart on stuff that I don't want. If you are stocking up on mid-size Star Wars sets, Scooby, or City, knock yourself out. But I'm not going to find an Ewok Village or a Sandcrawler at K-Mart. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thegooch49 said:

Yes, 20% is rad. But I get tired of the limited inventory that K-Mart has. 10% at lego.com for double VIP is WAY more enticing on stuff that I want, compared to 20% at K-Mart on stuff that I don't want. If you are stocking up on mid-size Star Wars sets, Scooby, or City, knock yourself out. But I'm not going to find an Ewok Village or a Sandcrawler at K-Mart. 

Unfortunately, rather than choose Kmart or LEGO Shop at Home, we do both. ha  The only money I've seen in a long time are 1x2 tiles.

8 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

Got, I believe, a $30 surprise points toward $100 purchase, Decisions decisions...I love Square stuff but trains for everyone else. WWED (what would exciter do)?

I like stacking coupon eligible stuff with the $10 off $75 coupons and then stacking a points back coupon on top of that.  I use points to get whatever I'm buying down to $50.  Then I'll use a discounted gift card on top of that.  This is pretty much my repeatable formula.  Medium sized sets or a number of small sets are my target.  I rarely buy large sets from them, unless they are near retirement or if I have a load of points in my account.

Some people don't like the smaller sets, but they do great for me.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

Got, I believe, a $30 surprise points toward $100 purchase, Decisions decisions...I love Square stuff but trains for everyone else. WWED (what would exciter do)?

which.jpg.b2d40f3cb654d6ac7ca08a4208a4eb

What would I do? I would buy the city square or the cargo train especially if you can pair it with points back coupons (example, I bought some cargo trains at $100 and earned 32 back in points)

Edited by redghostx
  • Like 1

I have several coupons for points back or $ off, but if I apply any of them, the surprise $30 drops to less than the coupons' values. :| Gotta love the game. Appreciate the input guys.

On 3/4/2016 at 5:03 PM, exciter1 said:

SURPRISEPOINTS-meme.jpg

I just had to quote this 'cause it's just so hilarious and true.

• Like 1

Hey. I got 8 Mirkwood Elves @ $15 each and 16 Snowplows @ $11 a piece. It felt even greater to walk out of a Kmart with a free Snowspeeder. I also end up with $10-$20 in points after most of my purchases. Don't talk about my sugardaddy that way! =)

Edited by pete411
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Hey. I got 8 Mirkwood Elves @ $15 each and 16 Snowplows @ $11 a piece. It felt even greater to walk out of a Kmart with a free Snowspeeder. I also ended up with $10-$20 in points after most of my purchases. Don't talk about my sugardaddy that way! =)

I'm into the SYW stuff as well. It has helped fill my closet, and is awesome to pick up stuff for kids birthdays and such. It still doesn't steal any thunder from double VIP though. They are separately awesome in their own way. 

I received the offer get $30 in points when spending $30+. I use it and 2 weeks later to my surprise I got it again. Placed another order and this time my points never showed up. I took screenshots of everything just in case.. Anyways, Sent an email to SYW and they replied back saying it was a mistake on their part but as a "courtesy" they would add the points to my account. At the end I got my points but I had to spend some time trying to get the issue resolved.

They keep sending me $6 in surprise points towards a purchase of $14 or more, and I keep buying the same $14.99 item and doing a local pickup for effectively a 40% discount, especially since they subtract points BEFORE calculating tax :). No complaints, beats many of my clearance deals, and this is for fresh product, not remnants.

• Like 3

Slow SYW week for me but simply leaving something in my SYW cart generated a 10% back in points on any "building sets" purchased before midnight 3/13.  I had a $24.99 set in my cart but it applies to other Lego sets I add to my cart, even after removing the initial set.  YMMV.

Which site is most trusted for discounted gift cards at this point?

2 minutes ago, legogregors said:

Slow SYW week for me but simply leaving something in my SYW cart generated a 10% back in points on any "building sets" purchased before midnight 3/13.  I had a $24.99 set in my cart but it applies to other Lego sets I add to my cart, even after removing the initial set.  YMMV.

Which site is most trusted for discounted gift cards at this point?

Yep happens to me too... they send me a nice email after 24hrs and then I get points. Though on the aforementioned purchase I get only 900 points, even with 10% :)

2 hours ago, sunkenbrick said:

I received the offer get $30 in points when spending $30+. I use it and 2 weeks later to my surprise I got it again. Placed another order and this time my points never showed up. I took screenshots of everything just in case.. Anyways, Sent an email to SYW and they replied back saying it was a mistake on their part but as a "courtesy" they would add the points to my account. At the end I got my points but I had to spend some time trying to get the issue resolved.

I used to do this and was told there were "limits" to the number of times I could do it.    The limit was twice.  But also my local Kmart sucks and is closing.  I can only assume it is closing because it sucks.  I had all kinds of deals but it got to be way to difficult to work the deals with them  using sYW.  Now my closest Kmart is going to 12 miles away so This is going the way of the dino.  Just a question of how soon all of them will disappear and if it will be them or JCPenney that throws in the towel first. 

16 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Thanks.  I just assume Kmart hates me.  lol  Not really a complaint, just reality for me.  

Maybe it's a regional thing - SoCal suckage.

I got about $50 in SYWR offers.... for clothing and shoes.  And $50/500 appliance on another account.  I've had both of these accounts for over 5 years so it's an age thing.  I have only spent about $100 in both accounts in the last 6 months so maybe no love for cheapos like me.  I haven't seen anything remotely close to 20% off since January and that slipped through my fingers.

Okay, little bit of frustration, so maybe someone can talk me off the ledge.

I got a notice that I've got $7 off $12 at Kmart.  Log into my SYW account.  See it's there.  See that it should apply to Toys.  Hit the "Shop Now" button.  Find my LEGO.  There's nothing tho.  No way to apply the points.  At one point, it even mocked me saying that this purchase qualifies for the $7 off $12, but even going all the way to Checkout, there's nothing indicating that it's taking off the $7.

What in the world am I doing wrong?

Edit to add:

Is it possible that it's only applicable to these items?

56e353352585e_ScreenShot2016-03-11at3.22

That doesn't sync up with the "this will work on this item" that I saw earlier.  But just wondering if that's the issue?

18 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Okay, little bit of frustration, so maybe someone can talk me off the ledge.

I got a notice that I've got $7 off $12 at Kmart.  Log into my SYW account.  See it's there.  See that it should apply to Toys.  Hit the "Shop Now" button.  Find my LEGO.  There's nothing tho.  No way to apply the points.  At one point, it even mocked me saying that this purchase qualifies for the $7 off $12, but even going all the way to Checkout, there's nothing indicating that it's taking off the $7.

What in the world am I doing wrong?

Edit to add:

Is it possible that it's only applicable to these items?

56e353352585e_ScreenShot2016-03-11at3.22

That doesn't sync up with the "this will work on this item" that I saw earlier.  But just wondering if that's the issue?

Couple of things you should check:

1. Are you sure no other coupons have been applied to your purchase? Any other coupon will invalidate the surprise points.

2. Are you indeed buying from Kmart and not from another seller (including Sears)

3. Have you tried making the same purchase directly from Kmart.com?